PDA

View Full Version : Missing elements

CrazyGeorge
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
With the trade that Vancouver and Regina made, Regina brings in more offense (Kraus) and more physicalness to their defense. I sure hope the Broncos plan on make a deal or two in the next little while and acquire a physical presense or two because we can't afford for guys like Levi Nelson to be fighting every game. That's not their game, we should have other players designated for that sort of thing. Bring on Frazer Mclaren or someone of that nature.

Scout
09-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree and i said from the beginning we need a real heaveyweight. I realize the game is changing to speed and skill but alot of teams still carry an intimidator and really who do we have. R.J. and Leovold are middleweights and we have no intimidation or someone to give our smaller,skilled players more ice. Frazer would be great in a Bronco uniform but will it happen. A year ago we had Benke, Telford and Toulmin who may not been overly tough but had size. Benke was 6'6", Telford 6'5" and Toulmin was 6'4". They were all replaced by smaller,speeder players. Saskatoon has two heaveyweights in 6'6" Klotz and 6'7" Philp. Who on our team can even neutralize these guys? No one and these two will put our speedsters through the boards if they hit them knowing full well we have no one to answer the bell.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I agree with you 100%. We have some good middleweight in RJ, Leavold, Smith, Molle but indeed NO heavy weights. I sure hope we get someone to fit this role who ever that may be.

penman
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
First of all Levi does not have to fight every game give me a break. Last night the P.A. player jumped him,every one in the dub wants to jump levi remember last year or the year before. That is how Levi played like it or not that was his game beak off piss guys off what ever. At some point you pay the piper weather you have a tough guy or not a player like Levi draws the idiot out of every one he plays. Now to suggest that every time Levi or any other player like that stands there and mouths off a player and gets right in his face and stays there yapping **** is going to happen,according to some of you one of the so called tough guys are obligated to step in WRONG. This happens 3 or 4 times a game that means that a couple of players could be Leavold Weiss Smith R.J. are going to get kicked from the game every time 3rd guy in. Now if someone runs him or checked him from behind so be it have at er. But if he wants to beak off every time the whistle blows that is a different story. The so called tough guys want to play a full game once in a while to. I will bet you after these two games a player who has never had a fight would feel better about himself

CrazyGeorge
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
So when we go up against Saskatoon for example and Klotz wants to dance with whoever, lets say Levi for example, do you expect Levi to accept the challenge or have someone else on the roster do that sort of thing otherwise guys like Klotz will be always up against the top lines of ours and drill our skilled players into the ground. Once in a while maybe we need our skilled players to accept that match up but for the most part we need to fight fire with fire and match it. As of right now we don't have that opportunity. Anyways, I like our team at the current moment and like all teams, we arent perfect and we are always looking to improve. Only time will tell if any transactions will be made.

Scout
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I think the point we are making is we have no one to neutrilize a tough guy taking out one of our stars or smaller players. When we had Tidball, Spencer, etc. out littler guys had way more ice and played 2" taller and 20 pounds heavier having a player on the bench or ice like those two. They took care of the stars and the other teams knew they were on the bench and if any cheap shots were taken on any of the littlier guys that these guys would make sure they never did it again or thought twice about it. Every team in our division has a heaveyweight on their team except us.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
That's what I meant...agree with Scout....yet again!!

Broncs in RD
09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree we need a heavyweight, every team in junior hockey needs a true heavyweight. Every year the Broncos have had a heavyweight, I don't understand this year.?? from Milne, Arbez, Rocky, Brown, Sommerfeld, Orr, Spencer, Tidball the list goes on. We always had a player that struck fear into the opposition, this year as much as I love the team he has assembled no one really fears us and teams can get away with taking liberties on Nelson and our skilled guys. I hope Dean makes a move for McLaren because he can be used way more than just fighting. Leavold is another player who can be way better if he is not in the box for 15 minutes a game the kid has hands, speed, skill and plays with an edge, but use it smartly we need him on the ice not in the box.

Believer
09-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I could not agree with you more that Brady would serve us FAR batter out of the friggin penalty box. He seems to have to always throw down the gloves to help out and frankly, he should be getting sick and tired of it by now if you ask me. and RJ is not in any condition to be able to fight like he used to ( although I do not doubt his ability to do so!) We DO need a heavy weight, agreed, but Levi DOES bring on quite a bit of it himself with his style of play. He needs to remain a "star" goal scorer, if that is what everyone is labelling him. He gets himself into trouble more times than someone trying to "start" something with him. He has baggage from last year that is still there, wanting a piece of him. No different than say, Dorsett, only difference, is Dorsett would throw down if need be. Levi is staying in there for the most part, and kudos to him for backing what he says, but he is in no spot to be dropping the gloves every game, that is going to cost the Broncos HUGE all season. He needs to score goals, not rack up PM's.

Again, I agree that maybe Dean needs to look at getting a Heavy weight ( a usable one, not just dumb and strong) but it ALSO has to be said that Nelson needs to stay focused on what he should be doing out there. And if he HAS been told to go out and antagonize the other team, than shame on the coaches for not providing him adequate back up. I don't see that as the case though, maybe i'm wrong. Give up a "future sniper" or two for a "now usable enforcer"

Broncs in RD
09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes Levi brings alot of this on himself, that is the type of player he is. First things first though he needs to be on the ice and score goals. If he is going to fight the odd time which he should(3-4) times a year cause he talks the talk. Fight smart DON'T be the third man in or start a second fight when one is already taking place, fight when we have the lead in the third, not in the first 5 minutes of a game and are down. Bring in a Tough Guy punk rock

dtnewbie_bronco
09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Well everyone on here seems to want Mclaren!! So let's play GM and have some fun. LOL. Who do we trade to get him?

Maybe:

Leavold and Postma for Mclaren and a 2nd or 1st round pick

Wilson, Tassone for Mclaren and a 5th round pick

Larochelle and Bortis for Mclaren and a 2nd round pick

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
What ever the deal is IF we were to acquire Mclaren, I'd have Leavold involved in the deal regardless.

Believer
09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Hard to say what will happen. My gut on Brady, he will be one of those players for sure, that if we trade him, it better be to someone we don't play much as he'll light us up when he comes here ! Like soooo many others have in the past !

HAF
09-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I still dont know if its true or not, but the rumor I am hearing is that you guys have aquired Erik Felde from TC in a three way trade with Calgary. I'm not sure of any of the others involved in the trade other than Brett Plouffe from Calgary will supposedly be headed west. Like I said, this could all be complete BS but my phone has been ringing off the hook from friends talking about it.

Toswammi
09-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I still dont know if its true or not, but the rumor I am hearing is that you guys have aquired Erik Felde from TC in a three way trade with Calgary. I'm not sure of any of the others involved in the trade other than Brett Plouffe from Calgary will supposedly be headed west. Like I said, this could all be complete BS but my phone has been ringing off the hook from friends talking about it.

Well that would be intersting. Obviously if he where to come in, we would be moving a 20 the other way. (he is 20 right)
Although he wont be droping the gloves lol (38 pims last year) but had (52 pts)

HAF
09-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Well that would be intersting. Obviously if he where to come in, we would be moving a 20 the other way. (he is 20 right)
Although he wont be droping the gloves lol (38 pims last year) but had (52 pts)

No, he's not a fighter at all but will bring lightning speed and possibly 45 goals this year. Like I said, what I am hearing is that the whole story is supposed to be let out of the bag after the Calgary/Brandon game tonight. Then again, it could all be BS too.

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
This possible move would definetly give the Broncous more speed and offensive but I sure hope that Dean is still looking into acquiring an enforcer...I'm sticking by this this.

Toswammi
09-28-2007, 09:04 PM
This possible move would definetly give the Broncous more speed and offensive but I sure hope that Dean is still looking into acquiring an enforcer...I'm sticking by this this.

levi for frazier lol

you get an enforcer and trade away a player that is the cause for needing the enforcer

(i am kidding of course)

Johnsy05
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I like the idea of getting Felde if it is true I think that would add a true sniper too the line-up which i feel we are in need of.

Broncs in RD
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I would like to see Felde is SC, but am interested about how it will all work out. Any info on Calgary's Dman Gillen listed at 6'6'' 235 not many PIMS?????? could he be brought over as well? for some toughness? which would mean we have to ship 2 20's wilson and Leavold? Should be interesting? Kudos to Red Deer for spanking the Pats.

CrazyGeorge
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Is the deal going down or what? Anyone hear anything yet?