09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Luke Weins was traded to Lethbridge today for a 6th round bantam draft pick

more info on Kootenayice.net

grainbear
09-27-2007, 06:25 PM
What happened in the game that he got 2 games for the game misconduct

fightstrap50
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Well little Dustin Slyvester absolutly nailed one of Edmontons guys at the far end of the ice and skated back to a shift change and one of the players from the Oil Kings took notice and went after Sylvester from behind a bit. Nothing huge but all of a sudden Weins jumps the bench and goes after him. Stupid play on Weins part. You usualy reserve that kind of play for something devastating or extreme and not that.

It will be sad to see him go just as a numbers game trade because he brought more to the team than people noticed. He has the abillity once in a while to pull off a crazy shift with a sweet scoring chance and can fire the other players up by doing it. And he would fight anyone!, he might not win all the time but he will go with the big guys.

That and he was our only tough guy lol. Good luck in the Bridge Luke it was fun watching ya put a pounding on a lot of people over the years. Take it 3easy on us on Friday night will ya. We need a win, lol.

GO ICE GO!!!

In the crowd
09-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Take it 3easy on us on Friday night will ya. We need a win, lol.

GO ICE GO!!!

I don't think Wiens can do much damage against the Ice on Friday night. He still has 1 game left in his 2 game suspension, so he'll be taking this one in from the stands.

shushu
09-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Well little Dustin Slyvester absolutly nailed one of Edmontons guys at the far end of the ice and skated back to a shift change and one of the players from the Oil Kings took notice and went after Sylvester from behind a bit. Nothing huge but all of a sudden Weins jumps the bench and goes after him. Stupid play on Weins part. You usualy reserve that kind of play for something devastating or extreme and not that.

It will be sad to see him go just as a numbers game trade because he brought more to the team than people noticed. He has the abillity once in a while to pull off a crazy shift with a sweet scoring chance and can fire the other players up by doing it. And he would fight anyone!, he might not win all the time but he will go with the big guys.

That and he was our only tough guy lol. Good luck in the Bridge Luke it was fun watching ya put a pounding on a lot of people over the years. Take it 3easy on us on Friday night will ya. We need a win, lol.

GO ICE GO!!!
this kid will go anyone, went through his game by game stats last year and he has a impressive resume, bendfeld,gauthier,olsen laRochelle to name a few. happy to see this fine young lad coming to the bridge... :thumb:

fightstrap50
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't think Wiens can do much damage against the Ice on Friday night. He still has 1 game left in his 2 game suspension, so he'll be taking this one in from the stands.
hehe I guess so eh duhh punk rock

Hockeymad
09-27-2007, 11:16 PM
What happened to Jeffries ? I thought he was supposed to take over from weins as the scrapper. I see he was not at camp this year.