PDA

View Full Version : Something in the works?

Scout
09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Rumors are flying all over the place that the Broncos have made a trade and it could be announced as early as this weekend or the coming week. Not sure if it's the Tri City deal or a different one but by all accounts a trade has been made.

Scout

Scout
09-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Keen's Korner

Friday, September 28, 2007
Huge Deal! Broncos Land Dansereau, Felde
In what is Broncos Head Coach and G.M. Dean Chynoweth's biggest move since taking over four years ago, the Broncos have hooked up with the Calgary Hitmen and the Tri City Americans in a major three-way deal.

The Broncos have sent 19 year-old forward Kyle Bortis and 18 year-old defenseman Paul Postma to Calgary for 19 year-old forward Keegan Dansereau and 18 year-old defenseman Brett Plouffe. The Broncos then traded Plouffe to Tri City to acquire 20 year-old forward Erik Felde.

The Broncos offense has just received a major overhaul and in the process they solve a log jam on defense to get down to seven d-men. They also part with two former first round bantam picks. Bortis in (2003) and Postma (2004).

Here's the info on the two players they've acquired:

Erik Felde

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 pounds
Hometown: Anchorage, Alaska
Shoots: Left Handed
Hockey Age: 20
Acquired: Listed Player, September 2005
Notes: Career Stats
Sea Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM
-----------------------------------------------
06-07 Tri-City WHL 72 24 28 52 38

Keegan Dansereau

5'11" 201

Born: Jan 1/88

Saskatoon, SK

Right Wing

WHL stats last season:

GP: 71, Goals: 28, Assists: 31, Pts: 59, PIMS: 64

Dean Chynoweth again is part of another major deal and these are not easy to pull off, especially a three way deal in this case. It's tough to watch a couple of good guys like Kyle and Paul go. Best of luck to both. I've enjoyed both of them over the years. Kyle was coming on our morning show as a 15 year-old after being drafted and winning the Telus Cup with the Saskatoon Contacts. I've seen him grow up over the years. Paul always had a smile and his parents John and Janet are one of the nicest families in hockey.

Not sure if Erik Felde and Dansereau will be in the line-up tonight in the 'Hat. Perhaps only Dansereau, we will wait and see.
This also now give the Broncos four 20 yr olds, one over the limit. They can however carry four until October 11th. So something will need to be done between Brady Leavold, R.J. Larochelle, and Mike Wilson.
I'll have all the details on the pre-game show along with Dean's comments tonight in Medicine Hat. 7pm pre-game, 7:30 play-by-play.

Toswammi
09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Well we have overhauled our offense for sure. Felde and Danseraeu should be solid.
We all knew that one of our 18 yr old d-men were going to be dealt, it was inevitable.
Now we have another situation in that we have 4 20 yr olds. So something else may be in the works.
Best of luck to Postma and Bortis as they play for argueably the best team in the dub this year in Calgary.

Believer
09-29-2007, 11:29 AM
wow. interesting. Going to be a shame to lose two guys like Postma and Bortis. They are great guys all around, on and off the ice. I sure hope this makes that punch that Dean's been looking for. Time will tell I guess. Good luck Paul and Kyle!!!

Believer
09-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I am wondering if they are now going to deal Brady? Can't see them losing the others, given Leo's history with the team. But that WILL be a loss if they do. I still stand by that. I suppose it will be interesting if they trade Brady, as when he comes back to speedy creek to play, will he and Nelson drop the gloves ! haha

AMSRocker
09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Get ready for speed, speed, and more speed! He is like a jack rabbit on ice. He will be putting around and then it's like everone else is standing still!
When he shoots most all the time it in the net making the goalie move. Good at picking the upper corners too. Not the biggest gut but with wheels like he has he makes the other team think hard when he is out there!

What did we (Tri) get with Brett Plouffe? What are your guys thoughts on this guy? I've herd good things but I'd like to here it from you Broncos fans.

Toswammi
09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Get ready for speed, speed, and more speed! He is like a jack rabbit on ice. He will be putting around and then it's like everone else is standing still!
When he shoots most all the time it in the net making the goalie move. Good at picking the upper corners too. Not the biggest gut but with wheels like he has he makes the other team think hard when he is out there!

What did we (Tri) get with Brett Plouffe? What are your guys thoughts on this guy? I've herd good things but I'd like to here it from you Broncos fans.

No idea about this Plouffe kid as he played in Calgary.

But the more i hear about Felde the more he sounds like Ned Lukacevic

Scout
09-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Broncos Make Three Way Deal

Sept 29 - The Swift Current Broncos hooked up with the Calgary Hitmen and the Tri-Cities Americans on a 4-player trade today.
The Broncos sent 18 year old defenseman Paul Postma and 19 year old winger Kyle Bortis to the Hitmen in exchange for 19 year old forward Keegan Dansereau and 18 year old defenseman Brett Plouffe.

In turn, the Broncos sent Plouffe to the Americans for 20-year-old winger Erik Felde.

In Dansereau and Felde, the Broncos are picking up two players that each had over 50 points last year. Dansereau, a Saskatoon native, was the 3rd leading scorer on the Hitmen last year with 59 points (28-31). Felde, who’s hometown is Anchorage, Alaska, was the Americans 4th leading scorer last year with 52 points (24-28).

In Postma and Bortis, the Broncos are giving up two players that were both entering their 3rd years with the Hockey Club.

“We felt this was a trade that we couldn’t pass up,” commented Broncos General Manager/Head Coach Dean Chynoweth. “It provides with added scoring, veteran leadership, and now solidifies our top two lines.”

“It is tough giving up a player of Paul’s ability, but you have to give up in one area to gain in another and I feel that we’ve done that.”

Dansereau is expected to join the Broncos in time for tonight’s game in Medicine Hat, while Felde is expected at practice on Monday.

For more information contact:

Dean Chynoweth, GM/Head Coach, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 8
Tracy Lemon, Public/Media Relations Director, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 9

Scout
09-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Keen's Korner

Saturday, September 29, 2007
More Trade Reaction...
Here's Calgary's press release:

Calgary, AB – Calgary Hitmen General Manager and Head Coach Kelly Kisio announced today a four player trade with the Swift Current Broncos.

The Hitmen have acquired 19-year-old center Kyle Bortis and 18 year-old defenceman Paul Postma in exchange for 19 year-old right winger Keegan Dansereau and 18 year-old defenceman Brett Plouffe.

“We are very excited to add both Paul and Kyle to our line-up,” said Kisio. “Postma is a good, solid, puck moving defenceman who will help solidify our defence, while Bortis is a skilled forward who will provide both scoring and depth to our team.

Bortis is in his third WHL season and was the Broncos first round pick (16th overall) in the 2003 WHL Bantam Draft. He had a break-out campaign in Swift Current last season scoring 18 goals.

Postma also had a strong 2006-07 season. The mobile rearguard possesses a great shot and was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers (7th round) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

----------------------

Keegan Dansereau will play tonight in Medicine Hat while Erik Felde will join the team Monday at practice, in time for the Broncos five game swing through Alberta and B.C.

I'm not sure where these trade leaks come from but I was made aware of a potential deal yesterday evening from a source in Calgary. You check the internet and the details are already half out there.

In this day and age of text messaging, blogs, and e-mail, this stuff spreads like a wildfire. Fans were just waiting for an official announcement as they have come to expect message board posts as a reliable source of information.

The Broncos weren't saying anything. They know the procedure when it comes to trades involving their players. Obviously the players have friends on other teams around the league and they share information back and forth.

Again, we will have the Broncos comments tonight in Medicine Hat... where I'm off to as we speak.
Posted by Jon Keen at 2:47 PM