PDA

View Full Version : Art Hauser Centre

Knuckle Chucker
03-15-2005, 10:37 PM
What are the thoughts on the name change of the C-plex??????

I think if a guy gives a million dollars he deserves to have his name attached to the building.

Triton
03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
I disagree.This team and the communiplex name is all part of the city.The team being owned by the city,the name should consist of something other than singling out one person.Yeah he donated a million dollars,but what about the other companies that donated in the 500,000 range?Is that less important?It should be Art Hauser Comuniplex or the hauser community centre.I hate the name.You might as well sell the team to a local businessman and he sell to Edmonton,cause now they are just wrecking what is history.What a damn big shot.Well I guess it's not as bad as being called the Dennis Balon Centre...I hate that guy with a passion.Still don't like the name.If he had any respect for the community..he would have told them to keep the name as it is.

Knuckle Chucker
03-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I disagree.This team and the communiplex name is all part of the city.The team being owned by the city,the name should consist of something other than singling out one person.Yeah he donated a million dollars,but what about the other companies that donated in the 500,000 range?Is that less important?It should be Art Hauser Comuniplex or the hauser community centre.I hate the name.You might as well sell the team to a local businessman and he sell to Edmonton,cause now they are just wrecking what is history.What a damn big shot.Well I guess it's not as bad as being called the Dennis Balon Centre...I hate that guy with a passion.Still don't like the name.If he had any respect for the community..he would have told them to keep the name as it is.

I agree with you on the name thing to a certain extent. I thought it would be the Art Hauser C-Plex BUT I think his name had to be tied to the building some way. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone donated 500 000 but there were several in the range of 100 000. IMO it is harsh to say he doesn't have respect for the community. The guy, not his company, donated 1 million to a community project. He did not buy the name to the rink like the Credit Union Centre. I am one of the lowly smucks who donated $1000. I don't have a problem with his name being on the building. Lets face it without his donation there would not be a phase 2 of renovation. He saved us tax payers a lot of money if the city decided to use more tax dollars for the reno's.

PS: Balon was not a major player in the Bring Back the Magic campain. As far as car dealers go this was Gary Anderson's baby and the two don't see eye to eye

Furback
03-16-2005, 05:52 PM
How do you know all this Knuckel Chucker? I could care less who donated as long as i didnt have to.

Knuckle Chucker
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
How do you know all this Knuckel Chucker? I could care less who donated as long as i didnt have to.

You didn't donate to the Bring Back The Magic campain? I am shocked ;)

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2005, 09:38 AM
i bought season tickets and that is good enough.

I gave to BBTM and have season tickets. However, my season tickets are at a reduced rate for being a billet. I feel improving the building is a worthy cause...not everybody does. Being a season ticket holder is excellent. There should be a lot more of us.

Triton
03-17-2005, 10:09 AM
I gave to BBTM and have season tickets. However, my season tickets are at a reduced rate for being a billet.

Who do you billet?

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Who do you billet?

I will talk to you about this in the private message service