PDA

View Full Version : Switzers Blog

Scout
09-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Switzer's Blog
The online presence of radio personality Ryan Switzer
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Wow

This blog post is being written in a rather bizarre setting. My kids, Ethan and Eliza, are in the midst of a playdate with their friends Jayden and Isaiah. 4 kids between ages 7 and 3 surround me as I type this. It's like a party with a bunch of drunk midgets.

The Broncos went into Medicine Hat last night and won 7-2. I actually can recall a time when Swift Current went into Medicine Hat and won by that margin. Trent McCleary was our captain and Tyler Wright had a multiple point game. Some thoughts from the game;

-Eric Doyle dominated the game. To Medicine Hat fans he looked like Cam Barker...a motivated Cam Barker, not a lazy, just signed Cam Barker. Some people are still sour about the Doyle/Crowley deal...they shouldn't be if that's what Doyle is going to do. I like Dane, but he is not capable of doing what Doyle did lastnight on his best day.

-Levi Nelson had a three point night...and no penalty minutes. Elite point getter.

-Swift had seven goals, six of them were nicer than anything we've done in the last four years. We can finish this year!

-2 goals for Geordie Wudrick. He is using his size very well around the net.

-I read whlfans.ca posts regularly. I'm amazed we could blow Medicne Hat our without the services of Frazer McLaren. Go figure.

-Bronco assistant coach Tim Kehler is a beauty. From the perpetual poker face of Dave Hunchak to Tim's smile and emotional reactions on the bench, it's a change. Tim called last nights effort a "piece of cake".

-Zack Smith is all over the ice this year. I've been watching Zack since he played for the Legionnaires. He is playing the best hockey of his career.

-Keegan Dansereau had some rust. He made some safe plays and looked alright on the powerplay. Evers since Dean McAmmond's injury playing his first period as a Bronco, I get nervous when players are rushed from the road to a game situation. Once he gets back in the swing of things and takes a few hits in practice he'll be a VERY welcome addition. Dansereau arrived via car about a half hour after the Broncos. In retro spect our "crunch of the game" should have went to him for his 1st period hit that set up Swift's first goal.

-Add Erik Felde to the mix...we're going to have some fun at the iPlex. Fear the Butterfly!

-Travis Yonkman made saves when he had to. A deserving third star last night. He certainly won the goaltending battle vs. Tomas Vosvrada. Good thing the tigers a still packing the rink. Plane tickets to and from the Czech republic are expensive.

-Jan Dalecky was the best Czech on the ice. The Broncos 7th goal was the work of him and Nelson. Best of the night.

-Med Hat's homer goal judge robbed Levi of a third goal. Keen and I could see it in from the booth. Referee Nathan Wieler called it a goal but then CHANGED HIS MIND!!! You can't change your mind!!! Even if you know you're wrong, stick with the call!!!

-How come some games have two referees and some just one. Pick a format and stick to it! Is the labour shortage affecting referees too?

-Memo to teams re: Anthem Singers. If your singer doesn't own a nice shirt...put them in a home team jersey.

R$

Toswammi
09-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Switzer's Blog
Wow

This blog post is being written in a rather bizarre setting. My kids, Ethan and Eliza, are in the midst of a playdate with their friends Jayden and Isaiah. 4 kids between ages 7 and 3 surround me as I type this. It's like a party with a bunch of drunk midgets.

The Broncos went into Medicine Hat last night and won 7-2. I actually can recall a time when Swift Current went into Medicine Hat and won by that margin. Trent McCleary was our captain and Tyler Wright had a multiple point game. Some thoughts from the game;

-Eric Doyle dominated the game. To Medicine Hat fans he looked like Cam Barker...a motivated Cam Barker, not a lazy, just signed Cam Barker. Some people are still sour about the Doyle/Crowley deal...they shouldn't be if that's what Doyle is going to do. I like Dane, but he is not capable of doing what Doyle did lastnight on his best day.

-Levi Nelson had a three point night...and no penalty minutes. Elite point getter.

-Swift had seven goals, six of them were nicer than anything we've done in the last four years. We can finish this year!

-2 goals for Geordie Wudrick. He is using his size very well around the net.

-I read whlfans.ca posts regularly. I'm amazed we could blow Medicne Hat our without the services of Frazer McLaren. Go figure.

-Bronco assistant coach Tim Kehler is a beauty. From the perpetual poker face of Dave Hunchak to Tim's smile and emotional reactions on the bench, it's a change. Tim called last nights effort a "piece of cake".

-Zack Smith is all over the ice this year. I've been watching Zack since he played for the Legionnaires. He is playing the best hockey of his career.

-Keegan Dansereau had some rust. He made some safe plays and looked alright on the powerplay. Evers since Dean McAmmond's injury playing his first period as a Bronco, I get nervous when players are rushed from the road to a game situation. Once he gets back in the swing of things and takes a few hits in practice he'll be a VERY welcome addition. Dansereau arrived via car about a half hour after the Broncos. In retro spect our "crunch of the game" should have went to him for his 1st period hit that set up Swift's first goal.

-Add Erik Felde to the mix...we're going to have some fun at the iPlex. Fear the Butterfly!

-Travis Yonkman made saves when he had to. A deserving third star last night. He certainly won the goaltending battle vs. Tomas Vosvrada. Good thing the tigers a still packing the rink. Plane tickets to and from the Czech republic are expensive.

-Jan Dalecky was the best Czech on the ice. The Broncos 7th goal was the work of him and Nelson. Best of the night.

-Med Hat's homer goal judge robbed Levi of a third goal. Keen and I could see it in from the booth. Referee Nathan Wieler called it a goal but then CHANGED HIS MIND!!! You can't change your mind!!! Even if you know you're wrong, stick with the call!!!

-How come some games have two referees and some just one. Pick a format and stick to it! Is the labour shortage affecting referees too?

-Memo to teams re: Anthem Singers. If your singer doesn't own a nice shirt...put them in a home team jersey.

R$

haha i liked that part

Flathead
09-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Switzer's Blog

The whole recap was good here Switzer, but the "fear the butterfly" had me lmao!!! And you a Keen do a great job, thanks for that.