PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer/Lethbridge

Tinner
03-16-2005, 08:30 AM
without jumping from too high, it seems like a RD/Leth series is now a reality. As I was working last night, I never got to watch any matchups. What, if it happens, is this series going to be like? Really, I think that a MH series more favors our style of play and an upset could happen.

Shinyshoes
03-16-2005, 09:16 AM
I disagree, and our record proves it. Vs Lethbridge this year we are 3-1-1, and Vs Med Hat we are 1-3-1.

Medicine Hat's Speed seems to give us trouble. We cant quite keep up with them and that translates to a lot of odd man rushes for medicine hat.

Against Lethbridge, we matchup quite well, and last nights game was proof. I think both teams played well, but the rebels were able to control the hurricanes better players, and had scoring from 3 different lines.

I hope the likely matchup of Rebels/Hurricanes Happens, because at this point in the season, I think they provide us with the greatest possibility of being in the second round

D.A.
03-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I agree with Shiny. Give me Lethbridge any day. They just look like a team waiting to be upset in the first round to me. Yellowhorn has done nothing against us all year (thank you, Fraz!) and the rest of the team has also looked pretty normal. I don't expect us to roll over them, but I do expect a very good chance of beating them.

Rebel66
03-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I've got to agree with Shiny and D.A. on this. Give me the Canes anyday over the Tigers. Medicine Hat would be much tougher to beat imo. It would still be a tough battle against the Canes but I'd feel much more confident with that matchup. We seem to match up very well with that team. Fraser does an awesome job on their top line players, especially Yellowhorn. Don't get me wrong the Canes are a really good team and it would not be a foregone conclusion whatsoever, just the odds of winning would be better.

Rebels_chick
03-16-2005, 04:55 PM
I've got to agree with Shiny and D.A. on this. Give me the Canes anyday over the Tigers. Medicine Hat would be much tougher to beat imo. It would still be a tough battle against the Canes but I'd feel much more confident with that matchup. We seem to match up very well with that team. Fraser does an awesome job on their top line players, especially Yellowhorn. Don't get me wrong the Canes are a really good team and it would not be a foregone conclusion whatsoever, just the odds of winning would be better.

I completely agree. MH has really made me nervous this year. They've seemed to have our number all season. Even though Lethbridge is a very good team, I still feel more comfortable playing them.

frontrow fan
03-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I would feel better about meeting Lethbridge also...Medicine Hat has had our number all season,.... I think there is something " mental" that they are holding over us. Don't understand why our guys can't pull out a win against them but, they almost seem intimidated by them at each meeting...
GO REBELS....ON TO VICTORY TONITE.............. :groovy: :bounce: :clap: :thumb:

Tinner
03-16-2005, 08:04 PM
my point is that i feel we can beat MH in a first round matchup, more so than facing them in a second round matchup. There style can be hemmed up if they dont get on a roll. in a 2nd round matchup they could be flying and i feel they will fly right by us, provided we get that far.

Shinyshoes
03-16-2005, 10:43 PM
my point is that i feel we can beat MH in a first round matchup, more so than facing them in a second round matchup. There style can be hemmed up if they dont get on a roll. in a 2nd round matchup they could be flying and i feel they will fly right by us, provided we get that far.
I do see your point, however if we have to play Lethbridge, that also dictates a Tigers/Hitmen series. With the way Calgary has played the 2nd half of the season, I think the Tigers may be limping a little bit after that series. Lethbridge is not nearly as physical, so maybe the Rebs will have that little edge to get us by the tigers. (Assuming a Rebels Win and Tigers Win)

All this speculation is getting to large, however. Lets concentrate on getting a win on Saturday in calgary, so that we can face the Canes!@!

Orv
03-17-2005, 12:48 AM
I sure hope the 'Canes throw the game against Calgary then somehow scrape out a win against the Rebels, because I would much rather play the Hitmen than you guys. Dion and the boys scare me :( . I think the Hurricanes would have a better chance against Calgary. Plus, I was looking forward to a Hitmen/Hurricanes series.

Rebel66
03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
I sure hope the 'Canes throw the game against Calgary then somehow scrape out a win against the Rebels, because I would much rather play the Hitmen than you guys. Dion and the boys scare me :( . I think the Hurricanes would have a better chance against Calgary. Plus, I was looking forward to a Hitmen/Hurricanes series.

Realistically the Canes should be flying against Calgary, given that they are a potential first round opponent. Have to send a message. You don't want the Hitties to beat up on you giving them all sorts of confidence going into the playoffs.

In any case if the Rebels beat the Hitmen on Saturday night then the Canes would be playing the Rebels regardless of what happens.

You can look forward to that series too because every Canes-Rebels game I've seen this season has been a great one. It will be an awesome series, I'm certain. (I'm not saying that you shouldn't still be scared though! :evil: )