PDA

View Full Version : "Leavold A ROCKET"

Big Ern
10-01-2007, 11:09 PM
From Switzer's blog:

Leo a Rocket

A very credible source tells me Brady Leavold has been dealt to the Kelowna Rockets. Not sure what or who is coming our way. My guess is a bantam pick.

I always enjoyed chatting with Brady on and off the air. Sad to see him go. He always tried to provide a spark no matter what the score.

With Kelowna's other acquistion of Jamie Benn from the BC league, they could suddenly make waves in the BC division.

Good luck Leo.

R$

Big Ern
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Great observation there Switz. HAHA.

Yes, Leavold is, in fact, a Kelowna Rocket. A bantam draft pick is headed our way in return.

Good luck Leo.

Big Ern
10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Thats a big loss. I am a big Leavold fan....did you guys have to many 20's?

Yes, since aquiring Eric Felde from Tri Cities on Saturday, the Broncos had four 20-yr-olds. One of them had to go.

CrazyGeorge
10-02-2007, 06:20 AM
This move, which appears to have occured, does not surprise me at all. We can all do our own speculations but when considering the other 20 year olds along with Leavold, it makes sense to me that Leavold is being dealt. Of course it wouldn't be in the teams best interest to move Felde, who we just acquired as he brings a ton of speed and offensiive capabilities; RJ Larochelle brings leadership and toughness from the back end; so the only possibilities of 20 year olds being moved in my opinion was Leavold or Wilson. Yes Leavold did bring grit and aggressiveness when he could control his emotions and not be in the box.

I'm assuming now that this is our 2007/2008 Swift Current Broncos team. We have 4 strong lines that gives elements of speed, defense and offensive capabilites to go along with some toughness in my opinion. I know I've said it before about us needing a true heavy weight when we all we currently have is a few middleweights in Tassone, Smith, Larochelle, and Molle but I'm not 100% sure now if we want to or even need to do any tickering to our lineup as I feel we are looking pretty dang good now of our current roster. I'd like to see us acquire a heavy weight but unless it's a bantam pick being traded away, I don't see us doing that now. I could be wrong. Any thoughts? Opinions?

p.s. What will Gervai's role be this year? 3rd or 4th line winger at best if at all? I could see Gervais being dealt or released to acquire some toughness but at the same time I can also see our lineup not changing.

Flathead
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Gervais, is a mucker and grinder, that's able to put the puck in the net. You have to remember he's still only 17 years old, and probally throws the best hits for his age and experience on the team. I hope he sticks around, I feel he can be like a Syszky, or Ondrus.

Big Ern
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Mike Wilson is more than worth a 20-yr-old spot on our team. He's playing awesome!

Believer
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
To bad it couldn't have worked out here for Leavold, he is a great player. I'm sure that Kelowna will make good use of him. Going to be VERY interesting when these two teams play next.

Toswammi
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Mike Wilson is more than worth a 20-yr-old spot on our team. He's playing awesome!

On pace for 144 assists lol

SuckItUp
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I usually dont like to post stuff like this but in this case I will make an exception. I do wish Brady all the best but I am NOT sorry he is leaving. It was clear he had no respect for this team and or communtiy. His actions speak louder than words. After last week he was done in a Bronco uniform. I have to say kudos to Dean for being able to actually get something for him.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
The question is now, will he actually report this time, unlike when we initially traded him to Everett a few years back?

Scout
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Broncos Trade Leavold to Rockets

Oct. 2 - The Swift Current Broncos announced this morning that they have traded 20-year-old forward Brady Leavold to the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a conditional Bantam Draft pick.
As a result of the recent three way trade with the Hitmen and Americans, made on Saturday, the Broncos were left with four overage players.

The Port Coquitlam native appeared in 132 games with the Broncos over the past three seasons recording 20 goals and 30 assists.

The Broncos roster now consists of 23 players, including 2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, and 14 forwards.

The Broncos return to action tonight in Lethbridge as they begin their 5 game road trip. The team then moves on to Calgary (tomorrow), Kamloops (Friday), Prince George (Saturday) and concludes in Edmonton on Thanksgiving Monday. The Broncos play their first home game against the Oil Kings on Friday, October 12th.

For more information contact:

Dean Chynoweth, GM/Head Coach, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 8

Tracy Lemon, Public/Media Relations Director, Swift Current Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 9

Chuckles
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I usually dont like to post stuff like this but in this case I will make an exception. I do wish Brady all the best but I am NOT sorry he is leaving. It was clear he had no respect for this team and or communtiy. His actions speak louder than words. After last week he was done in a Bronco uniform. I have to say kudos to Dean for being able to actually get something for him.

Wow.. doesn't respect his team or his communtiy? Wow have you ever met this boy on the couple times i met him. Was a nice kid didn't show any disrespect to me, and well to some extent he stuck up for players on his team.. I know its your own opinion and thats fine, but this is a person you are talkin about. I will wish him the best of luck and am sad to see him go. But its just part of hockey.

Scout
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Broncos send Leavold to Rockets
SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
The Southwest Booster

The Swift Current Broncos cleared up their 20-year-old situation Tuesday morning when the team announced that they had traded 20-year-old forward Brady Leavold to the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a conditional Bantam Draft pick.

As a result of the recent three-way trade with the Hitmen and Americans, made on Saturday, the Broncos were left with four overage players with the acquisition of 20-year-old forward Erik Felde.

Leavold, a Port Coquitlam native, appeared in 132 games with the Broncos over the past three seasons recording 20 goals and 30 assists.

“I have been here on and off for about four years. I have met a lot of great people during my time here. It’s is actually funny, I am the only one that is still here from the original group when I was 17, so I guess you can write that off,” said Leavold Tuesday afternoon.

Leavold admitted that leaving Swift Current would be tough.

“I had amazing billets that were like my second family. I can’t say enough about them and I am going to miss them probably more then anything. I have built a lot of great friendships just like you would going anywhere and I am really going to miss the guys on this team.”

Leavold took the move in stride though.

“There is nothing you can do about it. Hockey is a business and I think that we all understand that. I will be happy wherever I go. I am not too concerned about where I am going, I just like to play hockey.”

The Broncos roster now consists of 23 players, including two goaltenders, seven defensemen, and 14 forwards.

dodywood4ever
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Obviously anybody sticking up for him didnt see what he had written on his facebook page. Get that cancer as far away from here as possible. Good riddance.

CrazyGeorge
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
What was said on facebook?

SuckItUp
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
He basically told the coaches and his teamates the can go (rymes with) Puck off. Both on facebook and in person. So no I am not sad he is gone. But i do wish him all the best. There is no room for that in this league. When there are many kids out there that would do anything to play in this league I say good riddance.

Scout
10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
This is the first i heard of this but if it's true which the rumors are saying then Dean did the right thing trading him. To be successful in this league and as a team you have to respect the coach and your teamates. Telling them to ****-*** is not good for team chemistry. Being a 20 year-old and looked up to as a leader on this team by the rookies it wouldn't sit well with the other players or the coach.

Scout

ointhecreek
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see proof. Did a search on facebook and found nothing for him. Maybe you could steer me in the right direction. I'm having trouble believing this story. Every time I talked to him he showed me nothing but respect and loved playing here.

Bucking Bronco
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
On facebook, they have "status" updates, these are Brady's from the last few days

sept 18- Brady is **** u deano. 10:59am

sept 29- Brady is getting the **** out of swift current. 12:34pm

oct 1- Brady is traded to kelowna. 10:04pm

SuckItUp
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd like to see proof. Did a search on facebook and found nothing for him. Maybe you could steer me in the right direction. I'm having trouble believing this story. Every time I talked to him he showed me nothing but respect and loved playing here.

You have to be on his friends list to see his profile. So for that reason I cant show you proof. If you know anyone who is one of his friends ask them. They will tell you. Then to tell the coaches the same when confronted...well we all know what happened.

ointhecreek
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I didn't mean to say it wasn't true, I just had a hard time believing it. I did find his name on Big Ern's profile so maybe he will confirm it. I wonder what turned him sour again. Must be some reason, not that it makes it right to do.

Big Ern
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes, he is a friend of mine, both on FACEBOOK, and in hockey. I chat with him all the time, as well as his father, and both have been great to me. As far as respect, he CERTAINLY did respect the city and the fans. He in fact, loved his billets, and the town.

Whatever happened on internet really doesn't matter. The bottom line is, he didn't do too well in the dressing room. Some people just don't see eye to eye. It's common. Things got very bumpy lately, so he was told to await a trade. He was scratched in Med. Hat, and of course traded the following few days. I've said enough about this. IMO the situation turned out very good. He's no longer a pain in the dressing room, and he's getting a chance in Kelowna.

And our team won 3-1 tonight.

Enough said.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

leavold10
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
So I check the site and i love all these posts. Big ern is the only one with the slightest of clue as to what went on, but i'll let you all pretend like you know me.

I did not leave on bad terms what so ever. Dean drove me to calgary himself and we had a great time on the way out there. I loved the broncos and the town. I did anything for any of my teammates regardless what the price would be. Thats the kind of guy i am. Keep in mind im a human just like all of you... people come across problems in their lives yes even hockey players. So when anything goes bad you come on here and try and cut them down? I dont know... i would like to say thanks to the enitre city of swift... my team mates ecspecially. Best of luck, you have the team to make a run.

I am extactic to be in kelowna. this is a top line organization and i couldnt be happier. Thanks to everyone even the ones who have nothing but negativity towards me. Ill see you in november.. i promise it will be a good one.
thanks,
Brady Leavold

Scout
10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the entertainment you provided us when you were on the ice. It's good when a player comes on the site and provides insight on the goings on. Good to see you never left on bad terms and that you and Dean left on good terms. Best of luck in Kelowna.

Scout

dodywood4ever
10-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Its easy to get emotional and write stuff. Just need to remember that when its online its available to millions of people to view and you can get judged by it whether they know you or not.

So I check the site and i love all these posts. Big ern is the only one with the slightest of clue as to what went on, but i'll let you all pretend like you know me.

I did not leave on bad terms what so ever. Dean drove me to calgary himself and we had a great time on the way out there. I loved the broncos and the town. I did anything for any of my teammates regardless what the price would be. Thats the kind of guy i am. Keep in mind im a human just like all of you... people come across problems in their lives yes even hockey players. So when anything goes bad you come on here and try and cut them down? I dont know... i would like to say thanks to the enitre city of swift... my team mates ecspecially. Best of luck, you have the team to make a run.

I am extactic to be in kelowna. this is a top line organization and i couldnt be happier. Thanks to everyone even the ones who have nothing but negativity towards me. Ill see you in november.. i promise it will be a good one.
thanks,
Brady Leavold

Scout
10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/s...ts.php?id=67863

Quote:
Rockets add reinforcement
By Doyle Potenteau
Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Brady Leavold doesn‘t know who Simon Ferguson is. In time, he will. If he‘s around, that is. After adding a surprise forward to their roster on Monday, the Kelowna Rockets went out and acquired another on Tuesday, plucking the 20-year-old Leavold from the Swift Current Broncos. Now with the 5-foot-10, 194-pound winger from Port Coquitlam in the mix, Kelowna has four over-age players on its roster, which is one more than the WHL limit. According to the Rockets, they have until Oct. 11 to either trade or release one of their over-agers – goalie Kris Westblom, captain James McEwan, defenceman Lyon Messier or Leavold.
“We‘re giving everybody a fair chance and we‘re only four games in, so it‘s not about panic,” said Rockets president and general manager Bruce Hamilton, whose team is fourth in B.C. Division standings. “You know what? We‘ve gone through a month of training camp and I‘m still not seeing what I want to see from some of our guys. Therefore, as people become available from other teams, and there‘s somebody there we want to have a look at, we‘ll take a look at him.”
Enter Leavold, who is described as a gritty forward, in the mold of former Rocket Simon Ferguson. The six-foot Ferguson could skate, score, fight, kill penalties and was a key cog in helping Kelowna grind its way to the 2004 Memorial Cup. Now, while it‘s unfair to compare players directly, look at these two pictures:
In 2003-04, Ferguson‘s last season with Kelowna, the 20-year-old piled up 15 goals and 23 assists for 38 points plus 186 penalty minutes in 68 regular-season games. Last season as a 19-year-old, Leavold tallied 14 goals and 21 assists for 35 points plus 142 penalty minutes in 55 regular-season games.
“I wouldn‘t put that on him yet because Simon was a tremendously talented player. And an antagonist,” said Hamilton. “Being that (Leavold) was in the other conference, we haven‘t seen enough of him lately to know a lot. But if he is that, boy, we‘ll be excited. I know he‘s not afraid to stir things up.”
Tuesday‘s trade was precipitated by Swift Current having four over-age players and Kelowna wanting to add a character player to its roster. Kelowna‘s cost was cheap, a conditional draft pick. So, how does Leavold feel about being traded to Kelowna? Pretty good, since his parents live in Port Coquitlam and they have a place on Okanagan Lake.
“The trade was a bit of a surprise,” said Leavold, who arrived in Kelowna at 11 a.m. “(Broncos head coach Dean Chynoweth) told me to pack my bags and we were heading to Calgary. Yeah, I knew I was getting traded, but I didn‘t know where I was going. This is the best place I could have ended up. I spend my summers here, so I‘m pretty familiar with the area. It‘s close to home for me, so it‘ll give my friends and family a better chance to see me play. I can honestly say I‘ve came to B.C. once in my whole four-year career.”
Leavold has never played at Prospera Place, but he‘ll get his chance on Friday, when Kelowna opens a home-and-home set with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Game time is 7 p.m., with Saturday‘s tilt in Seattle set for 7:05 p.m.
“I‘m an energy-type guy and I do have an offensive upside; I can put the puck in the net,” said Leavold. “I can definitely do that, but I also like to fight. I like to play a gritty game and get in the other team‘s face. I don‘t shy away from anything. I got a pretty big mouth out there, but I can back that up, too; I had 13 or 14 fights last season. I‘ll do whatever it takes to get the team going; it doesn‘t matter what the score is or the situation out on the ice. If I can get a spark out of the guys, I‘ll do whatever I have to do.”
ICE CHIPS: In other WHL news, the Medicine Hat Tigers shipped D Adrian Van de Mosselaer, 17, of Kelowna to the Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday for a bantam draft pick.

Flathead
10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Go get 'em Brady, I'm glad you left on good terms. You have always been a favorite of mine and I wish you the best.

Believer
10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I too, say good luck Brady. Players in this day and age have to deal with lot more than just on ice preformance. And all the dealings I have had with Brady over the time he was with the Broncos have been great ones. He was great to the fans, especially the kids.
Sure, maybe he did make a few mistakes? But we always seem to lose sight of the fact they these are 16-20 year old kids. They only know hockey and what is put in front of them. They come to a place like Swift Current and are put on a pedastel. Then, we wait, and watch for them to fall off and talk down about them after the fact. any posting he may have made on Facebook may completely been out of stress, if they even WERE on there. And if you have to be on the "friend" list of the person to view this, then A) it's not common knowledge, and B) nice friend the person must be who threw him under the bus by bringing it public.
I for one hope Brady stays in Kelowna. He can do well there. And if not, send him closer back to home so we can watch him more !!

SuckItUp
10-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Well even I have to eat my words. Thats ok with me though. Even I got caught up in the heat of the moment on what was said and written. Sometimes even the most trusted souce is not so. So Brady I apologize to you. SOME of the things I posted should not have been. You do not need fans comming down hard on you like I did. That is all I will say with this situation we need to look to the future and not the past.

dtnewbie_bronco
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Best of luck to Brady out in BC. For the short time I got to watch you, i was quite pleased with the way you could play. It's to bad things didn't work out here in swift because I thought you brought a lot more to the table then you were ever credited for. I was reading that Reagan's Rant (the writer in Kelowna) and i also ran into this link. It's a video interview of Brady.
Best of luck Brady

http://chbcnews.ca/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14827

(you will have to copy and paste it)

Go Broncos Go

Scout
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Courtesy Regan Bartel:

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Leo Looking Forward to Debut
I spoke to Brady Leavold for the first time today. The kid is well spoken, and appears to be upbeat about moving closer to home and joining a new team. Leavold admitted in an interview that he and Broncos head coach Dean Chynoweth often didn't see eye to eye, yet it was interesting that Chynoweth drove Leavold to Calgary before he boarded a plane to Kelowna. Let's best honest here. If Chynoweth really couldn't stand the kid, would he have spent 5 hours with Brady on the ride up to Cow-Town?

Leavold looks like Bobby Clarke - the player. No front teeth means this dude has been in his share of battles over his hockey career. Leavold knows his role, and admits he can talk trash on the ice like no other. The Rockets were looking for a Simon Ferguson proto-type. Something tells me, they've found their man.
Leavold has a confident swagger about him, something desperately missing from the Rockets roster. My general impression is Brady won't be intimidated by the opposition, will play in-your-face hockey, and will make his linemates play a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier.