21 Fadden, Mitch C 0 0 -1 0
C 22 Wright, Ben D 0 1 0 0
24 Wiens, Luke RW 0 0 0 2
27 Bobbee, Travis D 0 0 -1 2
TEAM 0 0

30 Maniago, Michael - - - - -
35 Metsola, Juha 3 59:00 19 16 0

Scoring
1. LET Craige, (3) (Wright, Boychuk), 10:29 (PP)
2. S.C Nelson, (3) (Smith, Molle), 14:16
3. S.C Wudrick, (4) (Weise, Wilson), 0:26
3. S.C Weise, (1) (Stieler, Wilson), 2:17 (PP)
Penalties
1 - S.C Nelson, 9:02 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - S.C Tassone, 16:15 - Elbowing , 2 min
1 - LET Braes, 16:15 - Hooking , 2 min
1 - LET Bobbee, 18:52 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
2 - LET Kerr, 8:58 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
3 - LET Bancks, 0:53 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - S.C Smith, 8:37 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - LET Wiens, 8:37 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - S.C Molle, 14:03 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
3 - S.C Felde, 14:19 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
3 - S.C Claffey, 19:37 - Cross Checking , 2 min (PP)

Arena Three Stars

1. S.C - 23 Dale Weise
2. S.C - 4 Michael Wilson
3. LET - 3 Jesse Craige

Big Ern
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
What a game tonight!

First and foremost, it looked scary in the first period. The Broncos were "out-everythinged" if you will. I sat on the edge of my seat, waiting for Lethbridge to explode. Thanks to Travis Yonkman, the score was only 1-0 after one.

The second period was different. The Broncos seemed to tighten things up on Lethbridge a little. Also, the best player was Travis Yonkman. He shut the door big time when he had to.....once again. He is as predicted. I think he's the face of consistency, and his success this season will be well worth the long wait he had to get the number one spot. Look out for Yonks. Also, kudos to Levi Nelson for getting the Broncos back in it with a goal. As mentioned in a different post, I think he's back in business, and playing at his best. That's what the team needs from him.

The third period worked out really well for the road team. As mentioned by Asst. Coach Tim Kehler post-game, the Hurricanes started to show the fatigue factor, and the Broncos took advantage of the situation. Geordie Wudrick continued his tremendous offensive play by scoring early in the period. Dale Weise continued to be a physical force, and scored the insurance marker as well....a beauty. I really liked his play. He was was very deserving of the first star, as he's bringing it every shift out there. (And forgive me for mentioning this, but I believe I predicted "a goal and more from him in the next game" in my last post. HAHA.) He added one assist as well. Mike Wilson was also a force. He again, contributed offensively with two assists. This is why I keep repeating that he's worth the 20-yr-old spot, and more. Great third period, and even better to get the two points.

It's not all golden though. The starts in the last few games seem to be terrible. In the first five minutes or so, teams seem to dominate us with quality scoring chances, and setting up in our kitchen. Thanks to Travis Yonkman, the team has been able to settle it down every game, and go on to win three games. I believe this was also mentioned by Coach Kehler in the post-game show. The starts to games haven't been very nice. That needs to be improved on.

But the three wins have been great!

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

CrazyGeorge
10-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm curious why Dansereau wasn't playing against Lethbridge? I seen Mike Brown in the lineup and Gervais and Dansereau as the forwards sitting. Dansereau sick or injured?

Big Ern
10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I believe he was hurt a tad in practice yesterday. He should play tomorrow, and he seems really excited to play in Calgary. That's a good sign.

CrazyGeorge
10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
One other question, what line was Eric Felde playing on...if anyone can tell me.

It appears the following lines are coming pretty consistent:

Wudrick Steiler Weise
Nelson Smith Dalacky
Tassone Eakin Hoban

Would that mean that Dowling will be cetering a line between Felde and Dansereau? That would support the idea of balanced lines 1-4....just curious what others think or have heard.

Flathead
10-03-2007, 07:29 AM
What a game tonight!

First and foremost, it looked scary in the first period. The Broncos were "out-everythinged" if you will. I sat on the edge of my seat, waiting for Lethbridge to explode. Thanks to Travis Yonkman, the score was only 1-0 after one.

The second period was different. The Broncos seemed to tighten things up on Lethbridge a little. Also, the best player was Travis Yonkman. He shut the door big time when he had to.....once again. He is as predicted. I think he's the face of consistency, and his success this season will be well worth the long wait he had to get the number one spot. Look out for Yonks. Also, kudos to Levi Nelson for getting the Broncos back in it with a goal. As mentioned in a different post, I think he's back in business, and playing at his best. That's what the team needs from him.

The third period worked out really well for the road team. As mentioned by Asst. Coach Tim Kehler post-game, the Hurricanes started to show the fatigue factor, and the Broncos took advantage of the situation. Geordie Wudrick continued his tremendous offensive play by scoring early in the period. Dale Weise continued to be a physical force, and scored the insurance marker as well....a beauty. I really liked his play. He was was very deserving of the first star, as he's bringing it every shift out there. (And forgive me for mentioning this, but I believe I predicted "a goal and more from him in the next game" in my last post. HAHA.) He added one assist as well. Mike Wilson was also a force. He again, contributed offensively with two assists. This is why I keep repeating that he's worth the 20-yr-old spot, and more. Great third period, and even better to get the two points.

It's not all golden though. The starts in the last few games seem to be terrible. In the first five minutes or so, teams seem to dominate us with quality scoring chances, and setting up in our kitchen. Thanks to Travis Yonkman, the team has been able to settle it down every game, and go on to win three games. I believe this was also mentioned by Coach Kehler in the post-game show. The starts to games haven't been very nice. That needs to be improved on.

But the three wins have been great!

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!
I was thinking the same thing after watching the game, we need better starts, a team like Calgary could very easily bury us in the first period if we start like that. A huge thank you to Yonks for keeping us in it. And a great job to the whole team for battling back after and winning the game. When we get going we look very good. We just need to remember that the game starts at the drop of the puck in the first period.

Toswammi
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
One other question, what line was Eric Felde playing on...if anyone can tell me.

It appears the following lines are coming pretty consistent:

Wudrick Steiler Weise
Nelson Smith Dalacky
Tassone Eakin Hoban

Would that mean that Dowling will be cetering a line between Felde and Dansereau? That would support the idea of balanced lines 1-4....just curious what others think or have heard.

Felde played with Smith and Nelson i believe.