PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Down P.A

Tiger Trauma
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
After a 7-2 beating at home by their cross division rivals Swift Current Broncos, the medicine hat tigers showed up for a strong third period to blast away the P.A raiders 6-2.

The Tigers had some jump right outta the gate getting numerous chances. But Prince Albert's 17 year old Steven Stanford showed an impressive display of goaltending to keep the tigers at bay. The tigers had 4 power-plays in the first, but just couldn't put it past him.

Prince Albert managed to strike first as they took advantage of a defensive miss-communication between zach sim- and cody carlson. Prince Albert Right-winger scooped up the puck from behind the net and sent it out front to a wide open Devon Leblanc who potted his first of the year.

The tigers would manage to tie the game less than 2 minutes later, when rookie 19 year old Sean Ringrose, squeaked a backhanded bad angle shot through the pads of the Prince Albert goaltender, on the powerplay.

The lead didn't last for long however as P.A's Ryan McDonald rifled a one-timer off the crossbar and in. A perfect shot capitalizing on the tigers inexperience in their own zone, making it 2-1 for the raiders. Despite being outplayed the raiders were in the lead.

The Tigers would answer back again, with a nice 2on1 play from Wacey Hamilton, and Sean Ringrose. Shayne Brown set up a perfect pass to Hamilton in the neutral zone, who then fed it over to Ringrose and he chipped it in, making no-mistake.. 2-2 Hockey game.

The third period was all tigers as they managed to capitalize 4 times on rather seemingly dis-interested P.A squad.

Sim would pot his first of the season pinching in on a powerplay scramble in front of the net. Tyler ennis would score his first of the game, when the speedster walked out from the corner and accurately flipped the puck through a small opening, top shelf. Ennis would score his second of the game, whl leading 7th of the season on his very next shift. After poking it past a defender, Ennis had a clear cut breakaway placing a shot through the five-hole.

Jordan bendfeld would rub salt on the wounds with 5 minutes left, when his shot from the point deflected in off a P.A defender making it a 6-2 score.

The only fight of the game happened when 5'10 201lbs Prince Albert Forward Colin Scherger tried to mix things up near the end of the game with 6'3 230lbs Tiger Jordan Bendfeld.

After trying to put a solid hit on Bendfeld the 2 exchanged words and the mitts flew off immediately. Bendfeld promptly decided to give him a few sandwiches of the "knuckle" variety, throwing 3-4 solid punches putting Scherger to his knees.

Ryan Holfed Played in net for the tigers stopping 15 of 17 shots. Prince Albert goalie Steven Stanford had his strong game ruined, stopping 38 of 44 shots.

Tonight Wacey Hamilton and Sean Ringrose stepped it up to give the tigers some secondary scoring, earning first and second stars respectively. The third star went to Tiger forward Tyler Ennis

Turning point in the game was when overager Jerrid Sauer stepped it up completing a strong shift, hemming the opposition in thier own end, giving everyone else a small adrenaline rush.

The tigers next game is Friday October 5th when they travel to Calgary to take on the first place hitmen. Game time is at 7:00 MNT. Tune it to 94.5fm To Catch the game on the radio. TT Out!!

Tiger Trauma
10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Just thought I'd try an article style of writing for once.
Even though i kinda laugh at media wannabees. Guess I'm a hypocrite: D
(Won't happen often)

nivek_wahs
10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.medicinehatnews.com/stories/localsports/article_7222.php

Former combatants click
By COLLIN GALLANT
Oct 3, 2007, 17:43

It’s safe to say that Sean Ringrose and Wacey Hamilton have put past hostilities behind them.
Formerly bitter rivals at the junior A level, the pair of current Medicine Hat Tigers hooked up twice for important goals on Tuesday night and spurred a 6-2 win over the visiting Prince Albert Raiders at The Arena.
Tyler Ennis added two beautiful goals in the third period as the Tigers improved to 3-1-1 on the season. Prince Albert falls to 1-3-1.
Hamilton racked up three assists, including two on primo set-ups for Ringrose, that erased early Raider leads.
“(Ringrose) is a very skilled player and we seemed to click right off the bat,” said Hamilton, who also assisted on Zach Sim’s eventual game-winning goal early in the third period.
Hamilton, a former Camrose Kodiak, helped eliminate Ringrose’s Fort Saskatchewan Traders in last season’s AJHLchampionship final series.
Both joined the Tigers in the off-season and skated together for the first time on opposite wings Tuesday with centre Colton Grant.
“Sean’s very good positionally and I think if I get him the puck in the right spot, nine times out of 10 he can bang it home,” said Hamilton, who passed the puck from his knees on a second period power-play. Ringrose sliced a top-corner shot behind Raiders rookie netminder Steven Stanford, and later completed a two-on-none rush with Hamilton that tied the score 2-2.
By that point, the Alberta junior Achampionship was almost forgotten
“I got my ring the other day, so I bugged him a little bit,” said Hamilton.
“I’m not bringing it up on the losing end,” joked Ringrose, 19, who now has three goals in his first WHL season.
“Both the goals I scored were off great passes from Wacey. He had basically fallen down on a breakaway and got it to me, and the other, I just had an open net.”
The goals also opened the game up after the Raiders did a decent job of limited the Tigers’ time in the offensive zone.
Tigers skaters were frustrated early, outshooting the visitors 17-6 in the first period, but trailed 1-0 and 2-1 by the game’s mid-point on goals by Devon LeBlanc and a bullet blast from Ryan McDonald that cleanly beat Tiger goaltender Ryan Holfeld (14 saves overall) from the faceoff dot.
Both times, Medicine Hat responded quickly with goals from Ringrose, the second of which tied the score at 2-2 at 16:24 of the second.
“It’s a close game,” said Tigers coach Willie Desjardins. “It’s 2-1 midway through the second and nothing’s happening for us. It wasn’t frustration, but it was a matter of when things would start working for us.”
The floodgates opened in the third after Sim’s power-play goal at 5:52.
Down the stretch Ennis took a pass from linemate Daine Todd behind the Raiders defenceman and juggled the puck twice in the air before going top shelf.
Ennis then added his seventh of the season on an unasisted breakaway.
If that wasn’t enough to spoil a decent effort by Sanford, the 17-year-old puckstopper got caught going the other way late in the game as Jordan Bendfeld’s point shot changed direction bouncing off a Raider defenceman and in.
It was a big disappointment for Raiders, who had hoped to stop the Tigers from setting up in the offensive zone, with some success, but got burned on the transition game.
“I don’t think we really responded with enough heat,” said Raiders coach Bruno Campese. “We didn’t do a very good job of getting pucks deep and activating our forecheck. Instead it’s turnovers and going the other way.”