PDA

View Full Version : Too many centers

Hitmen1
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice article from hitmenhockey.com on how some of the centers will have to play wing this year.

Centers (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001122)

sbtatter
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Nice article from hitmenhockey.com on how some of the centers will have to play wing this year.

Centers (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001122)I wonder if Kisio will have to trade a centre or two for some real wingers?
Of the 9 centres you have, who are your top 4 you want to keep as centres, who can be converted to wingers and who should you trade for wingers? Are there any centres you could trade for great prospects? Hard to trade a Ryan White if you're gunning for the Memorial Cup this year, unless you get a tonne of talent in return. Maybe Galiardi is the man to trade?

Trav
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
so trading White or the former college kid would be out of the question.

SectionNDeserter
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
In general, a center playing wing isn't as big of an adjustment as a winger playing center. I know that there have been Rebel teams in the past with as many as 8 players that were considered to be 'centermen'.

Hitmen1
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe Galiardi is the man to trade?

There will definately be more trades coming. Once everyone is healthy, I believe, there will be 27 players on the roster which too many. Galiardi won't be moved imo. He is top gunner for White this year imo.

sbtatter
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
This is a great thread!! So are we agreed that the Hitmen are going for it this year? They could potentially have White and Alzner back next year so maybe they could have another run next year?
But if this year is the year, who do they need to load up on to run for the Cup?

Hitmen1
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
This is a great thread!! So are we agreed that the Hitmen are going for it this year? They could potentially have White and Alzner back next year so maybe they could have another run next year?
But if this year is the year, who do they need to load up on to run for the Cup?

I would think a dman would be packaged with a young forward to add more scoring depth up front.

I would think the top 6 defenceman, when healthy are:

Alzner, Plante, Mercer, Seabrooke, Postma, Stone/MacKenzie.

That leaves Frere, Mackenzie/Stone, and Gillen. 9 healthy defencemen is just too many, and if I was GM, I would deal from an area of strength and depth. The Hitmen have depth on the blueline right now.

armypower
10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I think Gillen will go but there won't be many
takers because he's a 20yr old,I think Letts will
go because of the play of Ian Schultz.Would like
to see Stone stay because of his age..No way they
will trade Galiardi or White......Heard Kisio was trying
to get Felde from Tri-city ,that would have meant
Gillen was gone for sure...