PDA

View Full Version : Swift @ Calgary

Big Ern
10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, tonight's summary is short and sweet.

NEGATIVES:

Bottom line: You can't take six penalties in a row and expect to be successful against the best team in hockey. Levi Nelson took three penalties, which is unacceptable. He plays with an edge out there, but sometimes has mishaps. Tonight was one of those games. The Hitmen had a fun night, as the shot clock leaned heavily to one side all night. The six penalties taken by Swift Current got the wind out of their sails, and the Hitmen took advantage of the situation. The Calgary Hitmen are the best ranked team in hockey. Give them a tonne of PP's and they'll kill you. That's what happened.

POSITIVES:

Don't blame Travis Yonkman. He kept us in the game big time. I believe at one point the shots were something like 20-3 in favour of Calgary, and still, the Broncos were in it, thanks to Yonks.

A horrible loss like this builds character. Look for a much improved effort next game.

Geordie Wudrick scored again. He is an amazing offensive player.

Our team is physical. Huge hits were dished out all game.

I can't wait to see Eric Felde next game......check out his speed...WOW! He scored too. Great goal.

Don't think negative Bronco fans. It's only one game, and we're still 3 and 2. Go Broncos in Kamloops.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Broncs in RD
10-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Felde has the wheels. Bronco fans we all wanted to come out of this road swing at 500, but I have a feeling we will at least come out of it 5 and 3 maybe 6 and 2. Ern you are right taking that many penelties will kill you, especially against the top ranked team in Canada. We will see a better team during the BC swing.

armypower
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
You guys in Swift are really gonna get frustrated with
Keegan Dansereau this year,he is lazy and has a bad attitude.
He only had decent numbers last year cause he was playing with
Ryan White and Brodie Dupont,saw the game tonight and he
was invisible,when you see him play, you'll know he is a defensive
liability, that's why he wasn't drafted when he was ranked 75th
among N.American skaters

CrazyGeorge
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Regarding Dansereau....all I have to say is different team, different coaches, and hopefully a different attitude.

fan1
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Postma and Bortis played well tonite. Wow Bortis played in all situations, looks like he is fitting in very well, 2ND star!!

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-04-2007, 05:08 AM
Despite a Bronco loss, it's good to see Bortis and Postma are doing well with their new team. As long as Bortis can stay away from the injuries, he should have a good season.

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Dansearuea is also a little behind in conditioning so give it time he will roll for us. I am not worried by the 7-2 score being that we are on a 8 game road trip pretty hard for a team to start a season 8 games in a row on the road. Give us a equal playing field Broncos and Hitmen are not far apart.

Chuckles
10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Im not going to say we played good enough to win that game last night. But how can no one comment on the what i thought was rather weak officiating. Maybe thats just me and my homerizism in me but out of those six pentaly's in a row.. i could think of a couple that shouldn't of been called. If you wanna call it like the NHL..(i hope not)thats fine..but its a two way street.. just some really week calls that ended up hurting us to... But thems the breaks big losses usually wakes a team up.. they got something to prove tomorrow night. Lets go boys.

sbtatter
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Dansearuea is also a little behind in conditioning so give it time he will roll for us. I am not worried by the 7-2 score being that we are on a 8 game road trip pretty hard for a team to start a season 8 games in a row on the road. Give us a equal playing field Broncos and Hitmen are not far apart.
Honestly, i think the Hitmen are a different class to the Bronco's...

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
4th road game in a row I woulnd't say a whole different class, ya the hitmen are good, but like I said lets get the hitmen on a 8 game road trip and see the fire they come out with.
Oh yes and look at the hitmen PP's compared to the Bronco's a little lopsided.

sbtatter
10-04-2007, 08:35 PM
4th road game in a row I woulnd't say a whole different class, ya the hitmen are good, but like I said lets get the hitmen on a 8 game road trip and see the fire they come out with.
Oh yes and look at the hitmen PP's compared to the Bronco's a little lopsided.
Hitmen's defence is way better than SC's. The forwards are higher scoring for the Hitmen, and they have more team speed. To cap it all off, you just made a lopsided trade with them, and ended up with an inconsistent, moody uncommited player in Danserau. You'll be at least ten wins behind them at the end of the season. This is their year in our conference, the rest are playing for a distant second place.

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't say that was a lopsided trade at all! Bortis and Postma for Danseareau and Felde you say Danseareau is uncommited well Bortis had huge hype around him and never panned out in Swift so to say it was lopsided is a overstatement

armypower
10-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Felde is a great player,wish the hitmen woulda
got him

sbtatter
10-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't say that was a lopsided trade at all! Bortis and Postma for Danseareau and Felde you say Danseareau is uncommited well Bortis had huge hype around him and never panned out in Swift so to say it was lopsided is a overstatement
Time will tell my friend!!

fan1
10-05-2007, 06:28 AM
It is interesting to talk about the trade. However it is also interesting to see that Bortis never really fit into Dean's plans. Yeah he had injuries etc, but at the end of the day he wasn't Dean's hard nose type player. Maybe Dean could not figure out how to get the most out of him?? At any rate both teams will benefit. At first glance it appears Kiso is getting the most out of the trade.