PDA

View Full Version : Sutter reassigned

Triton
10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The Moose Jaw Warriors have announced that 19 year old Defenseman Jock Sutter has been re-assigned to the Yorkton Terriers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL).

In 48 games last season with the Tribe, Sutter scored 2 goals and 5 assists for 7 points.

“At 19 years of age we felt it was important for Jock and his continued development to be given opportunities to play and play in all situations, in Yorkton he will be given those opportunities”, commented General Manager Chad Lang. “We would like to thank Jock for his contribution to our organization over the past 2 years and wish him all the best in his hockey career”.

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Lang is the worst GM in WHL history.

Triton
10-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Lang is the worst GM in WHL history.

Naw the old Warriors GM is..Rick Dorman had to be the worst. I think Lang takes his job to the extreme and thinks "just cause I'm a GM, I need to make 12,000 deals".

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
You get what you pay for and Chad Lang is the best the Warriors can afford. There are GM's in the BCHL making more than Mr. Lang. This team is nosediving out of existance and most of Moose Jaw doesn't care. I think they will be gone in 3 years maybe less.

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Lang is a typical playstaion NHL 08 GM keep trading. Keep tinkering until you have a surplus of Dmen and no draft picks. Oh man I am glad the warriors had that one good run, but it looks like it is over.(if Lang is still there.)

wardog fan
10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
what does one move do for lang's job as gm? can you guys name one bad move the guy has made as our gm? sutter was a liability on the ice, end of story . obviously no one esle wanted him or he wouldnt be going to sask junior . secondly every trade he has made was for a reason and what he expects from the players and organization. last years deals were part of off ice sitiuations as well as jason reese, no sense keeping a kid who doesnt want to play here and wants to play closer to home. all teams go threw that brandon spokane and ect. kids are dictating where they want to play. off ice things, lang has done more for the community of moose jaw then any other gm has, what goes on over the rink is nothing to do with him nor the team, its the city counsel . everyone here is sick of hearing about the rink cause nothing is being done or set in stone. again thats city counsel. our home games draw over 2500 a game which is darn good for a condemed rink. will there be brighter lights with a new rink, lord help us i believe so but every team goes threw attendence problems look at kooteney and prince george right now. so as where i stand if you guys have things to say about the team and city of moose jaw first get your facts straight and maybe live here before being internet nerds and read into hype and say **** that is none of your concerns. instead of blaming the gm, maybe theres more to it , its a community owned team and the fact we havent had a steady coach for more then 2 season hurts things , not the gm, but the gm makes those decesions. so with that said instead of bashing a guy who with out a doubt puts his players first among himself and his family and what he did for the robinson family was unbelieveable. this forum last i looked was for hockey talk and not to bash people. what gm is any better? who can predict the outcomes of trades? no one can its all played on the ice and thats that.

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
http://www.network54.com/Forum/440943/ Bronco rep here it is

Broncs in RD
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry you got it wrong. It is the GM's fault he drafts players, he traded for players that didn't want to be there. How is this the city counsels fault? Cause there is no new arena???? That makes no sense he makes trades for the sake of making trades. Hengman, Fecho, Hansen, Frere Those were all bad trades. Sure Sutter may have been on the bubble, but when the GM trades for Dman 6 times a year he doesn't let the ones he has develop.

Hatguy
10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't see why you hate Lang so much, your personal attacks today are uncalled for. You're not a fan of the team so why does this bother you so much? Personally I believe Lang has done a great job with the team and the community. Sutter is a good kid, but he wasn't going to get playing time with the Warriors.

Your label of "the worst GM in WHL history" is quite unfair. Remember, in one season Lang changed a team which had 14 wins into a team which made it to the WHL finals. Lang likes to deal, but he's won the majority of the deals his made.