PDA

View Full Version : Rink update

CHtoo
10-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I went by the rink this morning and was pleased to see the roof is complete, or at least closed in.

I am impatiently waiting for the home opener.

It has been a very long off season.

Believer
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I have to admit that even I will be taking in the game at the "i-plex" ! nice ring to it! haha I am not going to go in there expecting much in the way of off-ice experience as everything leads me to believe that the best home opener that the marketing crew can hope for is a "hard hat" night. Which by they way, could be super cool. Especially those little hard hats with the beer holders on each side! haha We will have to be patient with the rink for a couple of months to see it's true appeal!
But I AM looking forward to some on ice excitement and some fan excitement. There is a lot to cheer about this year, so may as well kick it off right! Let's try to blow the roof off the joint ! ( k, maybe not, it just got put on! haha) but you know what I mean !

Are they having a pregame pep rally like previous years? has anyone heard?

Scout
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Although it's not official, i was told by a very reliable source that Diamond Energy will again be havin a Barbique for the season opener. This tells me they will be having some kind of pep rally. Another thing i was told was that with the renovations being done we won't have any grills to cook with for the first few games so that means no burgers, fries, etc. until they are done. So you better stop at a burger joint until the grills are hooked up unless you want to fill up on popcorn and ice cream.

Scout

ointhecreek
10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Doing some work around parking lot so I had a chance to peek inside and it's going to be pretty nice when its done. I like the idea of a hard hat theme first game since its still under construction and therefore a hard hat area. Can't wait! :bounce:

2,5,andagame
10-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Link to Booster Ad:

http://www.swbooster.com/index.cfm?pid=222&catid=55&adid=3510

bruinsr#1
10-04-2007, 11:08 PM
do you guys have any pics of the stadium's inside?

ointhecreek
10-05-2007, 05:05 AM
do you guys have any pics of the stadium's inside?
There use to be some on Bronco site but they seem to have been removed.

CHtoo
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
and I thought I looked pretty good there.

Believer
10-05-2007, 08:56 AM
well as long as the have power to the beer coolers then all is good. Bruger King can be put on the first stop list, but no cold beer. Now we have a problem ! hahaha

It would be interesting to know what dollars the club is losing at everygame with the construction being done. No hot food, no access to extra seats. In fact, if I understand it right, they currently have a smaller capacity limit than last year until they get things done. The suites are done, so no extra revenue out of the suite ( food, alcohol, etc.)

The front office must be going nuts, wanting this thing done. Hats off to the office staff for even pulling off games in the mess they'll have to deal with!

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
The pictures are still available. Be nice if they would update them a little more frequently, but I guess we'll all see for ourselves how things are looking in one week.

Click here (http://www.scbroncos.com/photos.php?name=Gallery&f_action=gallery_CategoryShow&gallery_id=1&category_id=110) for the pictures.

Toswammi
10-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Ice is in, Roof is closed.

And the first practice at the iplex is today

Link Dog
10-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Rumor is the ice is not ready for skating and practice will be at Fairview today. Hope that's not true.

Flathead
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Rumor is the ice is not ready for skating and practice will be at Fairview today. Hope that's not true.
Not sure what the problem was but practice was at Fairview again.

Toswammi
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
OK i know they were in the iplex today