PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wuchterl

Swando
10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
As a diehard Gfan and poster I have to come out of the woodwork this season by making the following statement.
The Giants should not keep Wuchterl as a 20 yr old spot. Although 20 yr old scorers are a tough commodity these days we must have younger players in our system that would benefit for the ice time and give us equal or better offensive upside. I know he brings grit but how much grit and lack of scoring can we afford. I'm thinking that a 20yr old goalie as a back-up to Tyson would be more valuble or giving a younger player the time.

Now in the Giants wisdom, maybe they think a 20 yr old will come available soon and then do a swap..Mikkelson etc.

Also while I'm questioning the roster..I still have not found a great deal of satisfaction with Cunningham. I guess he falls into the catagory of "how long do you hang onto a non scorer?" Hope I'm proven wrong.

Kassian
10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't think Wuchterl will be around much longer. I have nothing against the guy and I won't have a problem if the team does decide to keep him around. But that being said I'd rather acquire another more offensive forward or another overage defenseman. Wuchterl does bring some leadership and grit, but guys like Hunt, Reich and Cloud bring just as much grit (more, IMO) so losing him wouldn't be a huge loss.

Giantsfan
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey get off Cunningham's back, he finally got his 1st goal !! lol
I like Cunningham, & you can't expect everyone to score. He knows the system, doesn't take foolish penalties & is still very young. I expect him to be around for a couple years as Hay seems to really like him. Maybe he'll get 15 goals since he got that monkey off his back.

vzone
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I predicted 20 goals out of Cunningham this season. Perhaps, I was being a little optimistic. ;) He's only on track for 14 now. :)

Swando
10-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Hay obviously likes the guy (Cunningham) as a dependable forward. He was playing the 1st PK on several times tonight vs Wack. Had a 1 timer chance to bury the puck but the arm strength was not their... I liked Cunningham tonight and his aggresive forcheck and getting to the puck --he's 17........... I liked Wutcherl's disapline but not his offensive chances. Hay has obviously coached Wutcherl to the type he wants him to be and Mike is buying into it.

Unfortunately unless he show a offensivie upside I think the Giants are domed to being a "relentless" forecheck team that will capitalize on turn overs and the PP ( once it gets straightened out)

Knuckles Muldoon
10-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I would have to think that the Giants are looking to upgrade their 20 yo situation, but are in no real hurry to do it. It may take some time before a suitable upgrade comes along. As for Cunningham, he's okay with me. I think he stirs it up out there and makes things happen. I'm willing to give him more time and opportunity to get some real confidence in this league. When he does he might just surprise us and become a real valuable player. I think he can score in this league, but 20 goals for this season is out of the question.

Carebear
10-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I would have to think that the Giants are looking to upgrade their 20 yo situation, but are in no real hurry to do it. It may take some time before a suitable upgrade comes along. As for Cunningham, he's okay with me. I think he stirs it up out there and makes things happen. I'm willing to give him more time and opportunity to get some real confidence in this league. When he does he might just surprise us and become a real valuable player. I think he can score in this league, but 20 goals for this season is out of the question.

I wouldn't say that.
You really never know with these kids!!!

HAVE FAITH!