PDA

View Full Version : Gameday vs the Tigers

Hitmen1
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I would think this game will be much closer than the Speedy Creek game.

Tigers v Hitmen (http://hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Tiger Trauma
10-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm hoping we can keep the game close. Swift kicked our butts, and the hitmen did the same to swift.

I'm sure your guys will be out for revenge after the playoff loss last year still in their minds.

Big Ern
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
How are Hitmen fans loving this....Bortis and Postma both scored in the first period!! HAHA. Well, I wished them good luck. I guess it worked.

Go Swifty in Kamloops...Go Dansereau...Go Felde. LOL

sbtatter
10-05-2007, 08:09 PM
How are Hitmen fans loving this....Bortis and Postma both scored in the first period!! HAHA. Well, I wished them good luck. I guess it worked.

Go Swifty in Kamloops...Go Dansereau...Go Felde. LOL
While you're at it can you wish the Wheaties luck tomorrow in Lethbridge please!!!!

Tiger Trauma
10-05-2007, 08:11 PM
according to whl.ca the tigers outshot the hitmen 12-3, but were outscored 3-0 in the first??

sbtatter
10-05-2007, 08:31 PM
according to whl.ca the tigers outshot the hitmen 12-3, but were outscored 3-0 in the first??
No, shots were 17 to 12 for the Hitmen i think in the first

dagley
10-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Why does it say McMillan scored on an empty net?

Tiger Trauma
10-05-2007, 08:47 PM
ahh I see they updated it now.

Big Ern
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
While you're at it can you wish the Wheaties luck tomorrow in Lethbridge please!!!!

Hell will freeze over before I EVER wish Brandon good luck....HAHA...and the same with Regina. LOL

Tiger Trauma
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Any recaps would be aprrecciated. Did our goalie play a poor game tonight?

sbtatter
10-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Hell will freeze over before I EVER wish Brandon good luck....HAHA...and the same with Regina. LOLHa, you and i should sit together the next time Swift and Brandon play, we can yap it up to each other!!!

RunTheGoalie
10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Why does it say McMillan scored on an empty net?

Given how early Holfeld went down, he might as well have. Note to Medicine Hat's goaltender: The butterfly position is not a way of life. Five goals, every one a roof job. Three over the blocker, and two over the glove.

This game was a hell of a lot closer than the 5-1 score would suggest. The Tigers brought it tonight, but the difference, ultimately, was finish. The Hitmen buried their chances, while the Tigers couldn't. I was getting very frustrated with how many times Med Hat prevented us from clearing the puck. The Tigers are still a scary team.

12 goals in the last two games, by 11 different goal scorers. Now that is a team effort!

RunTheGoalie
10-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Any recaps would be aprrecciated. Did our goalie play a poor game tonight?

Yes and no. I thought he played a decent game overall, but he went down way to early way too often, and never adjusted. Calgary was aiming for the top corners the entire third period, and missed about eight times, otherwise the score could have been even more out of whack.

He had no shot on Alzner, Bortis or Kozun's goals, but he could have had the other two if he stayed on his feet.

Tiger Trauma
10-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Holfeld has a weakness high side blocker.I said it. Their now everyone knows where to shoot on him:(

RunTheGoalie
10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
That's ok. I was glad that nobody figured out that Pogge is weak high side glove until the last week of his last season.

armypower
10-06-2007, 12:39 AM
thought Holfeld was awful tonight, the difference
in the game was the goaltending, Spence was real
good

Tiger Trauma
10-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Wowa 3 fights any recaps?

Hitmen1
10-06-2007, 08:20 AM
I sure wasn't expecting a 4 goal victory and it sounded like a closer game than the score would indicate.

Kisio's new line works! (http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/10/06/4554826-sun.html)

RunTheGoalie
10-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Wowa 3 fights any recaps?

Yeah, Carlson got beat up, Sauer and Schultz fought to a draw, and Bendfeld just held on for dear life as Gillen bruised his knuckles on the former's head, chest, kidneys, shoulders....

Tiger Trauma
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, Carlson got beat up, Sauer and Schultz fought to a draw, and Bendfeld just held on for dear life as Gillen bruised his knuckles on the former's head, chest, kidneys, shoulders....

Watched the replays on tigers tv. I'd say the carlson/zalinski fight was a tie, maybe a slight edge to zalinski.

Carlson rocked zalinksi with two/three real good shots.(Including the takedown punch).

Zalainksi had carlson at his mercy and at one point and got some nice shots in as well. I was expecting carlson to get his butt handed to him, but i thought he did fairly well for a 17 yr old rookie.

The sauer/schultz fight i thought shultz had a slight edge.
They didn't put the bendfeld fight up though so i didn't see that one.