PDA

View Full Version : Blades dominate the Broncos this year!!

Pirate005
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
4-0-1 and outscored them 25-11...Should be another easy Blades win tonight then.

Scout
03-16-2005, 01:38 PM
I hope the Blades don't come in thinking the same. If they do they will be in trouble. Just ask Brandon,Lethbridge and Moose Jaw. Two of those teams are tops in their division. I'm not taking anything away from Saskatoon as they have a very good club but when a team has nothing to loose like the Bronco's they try things they otherwise wouldn't. They are now playing the spoiler role and playing for next year. They seem to have their pride back and are playing as a team. I'm not saying they will win but i wouldn't count them out.

Scout

Pirate005
03-16-2005, 01:41 PM
It is just finally nice to have some success vs a team that has dominated the Blades for years!

Scout
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm glad to see you guys having success. Swift had a great run and will back on top in the next couple of years. They have alot of up and coming talent including two Saskatoon products in Kyle Bortis and Travis Yonkman from the Contacts. Nice to see your crowds have also picked up. Good luck the rest of the way.

Scout
p.s. It's nice to get an early start at golfing for the Bronco fans. lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-16-2005, 10:02 PM
The Blades came out on fire tonight. This game also showed that the bad blood between these two teams was flowing for sure. The Broncos are a good team but they could not pull out a win. From what i seen last year they were a very competitive team,having Tyler Redenbach and Alex Levitt just to name a few. Although IMO At the trade deadline of this year when they sent Redenbach to Lethbridge for Justin Criuse and two other players which was a good trade for the most part except for giving up Redenbach. I guess any team has to give up talented players to get talented players in return. Any team can not and should not have talent handed to them on a silver platter. Alex Levitt was a very talented player from what i have seen also, when the Broncos dealt him to Everertt. I think they did get some good players in return but IMO i think these two players where solid leaders on the broncos. After all i think that Broncos can improve their hockey team in the up and comming years. I hope that your team does do better next year and there is nowhere to go but up right?

smackitsakic
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Redenbach, Leavitt, and Annesley. Next year you have Annesley and Annesley only.
Larochelle, Murray, and Desloges next year.
Annesley or Larochelle, Murray, and Desloges. Not a team in the league would take Annesley over those three players, one of which will be in the league for three more years. Trades suddenly sound a bit better for a team that was going nowhere anyway right? Good job by Dean on both deals. You can only get what the market is willing to give, and in this case, it was better to get little for Redenbach and Leavitt than nothing at all. :bounce:

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Was Dean wanting to improve this team for the future or were Leavitt and Redenbach not producing enough or was the chemestry not there. what do you think was the reason behind these moves?

smackitsakic
03-16-2005, 11:04 PM
It's not what i think or what my opinion. It's a matter of fact that this team has been built for next year, and the year after that. We have 2 - 20 year olds and 2 - 19 year olds. It's obvious that this team was not destined to be a contendor or a playoff team for this season.

Flathead
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I think that our trades this year were very good for the future of the team. The Leavitt and Annessley deal was awesome. Desloges was a diamond in the rough waiting to be given a chance. The kid is awesome. Leavitt was useless and a cancer to the team and Annessley didn't really do all that much. The Redenbach deal was also very good, he wasn't going to be here next year, why not get something for him? We knew we were not going to be a threat to many teams this year, so why not add some youth for the future and a local kid. And getting Aspenlind was a move that will pay off. This kid never quits, has no fear, and plays both ends of the ice very well. He's been named a game star in 3 out of the last 5 games. I think the Broncos future is looking very good. Possible off season trade for a power forward, that can put the puck in the net.