PDA

View Full Version : CATS vs Broncos

WestLEAFfan
10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, how much confidence did the boys gain the other night when they knocked off the heavily favored AMERICANS? They face an almost as unenviable task tonight against the very powerful BRONCOS. The first goal will be huge tonight any way you look at it. A good start or a quick response to a early goal against will be absolutely mandatory for any degree of success. I'll say CYR will stand on his head tonight and show us all that he IS the number one man in PG! The rookies will perform well and the bus ride east next week will be a pleasant ride for all! :D

Scout
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
The Broncos are in the midst of an 8 game road trip to start off the year as the arena is being renovated. The Broncos have four well balanced forward lines. They are fast and are playing with alot of passion. The Broncos are lead by D-man Michael Wilson who has 9 points in 6 games. Next is newley aquired Eric Felde who has alot of speed and sees the ice very well. Is averaging a point a game. D-man Eric Doyle is also averaging a point a game. Next is Bronco rookie Geordie Wudrick. The 6'3" 200 lb. left winger has 5 goals in 6 games.

The Broncos forward has both smaller speedsters and size. Average height and weight of this team is 6'1 190lbs. Rookies to watch are #33 Brad Hoban, #21 Cody Eakin, #18 Geordie Wudrick,and #3 Joel Rogers. Stars for the Broncos are #17 Levi Nelson, #2 Eric Doyle, #20 Eric Felde and #4 Michael Wilson who is the league leading point getter for d-men.

Two of the best hitters in the league are#19 Phil Gervais and #16 Matt Tassone who are also both agitators.

The Broncos D is mobile. The average height is 6'1.5" and weight is 185lbs.

Toughness: We don't have a heaveyweight but have some top 10 middle weights. Bronco D-man #7 R.J. LaRochelle is top 2 middle weight. Followed by #27 Ryan Molle and # 15 Zack Smith.

Goaltending is led by Macs Midget Tourny MVP Travis Yonkman who has been waiting in the wings the last two years learning from one of the best in Kyle Moir. He waited and learned and has now won the starting job with a 2.26 GAA. If Travis does not get the call the backup is 6'5" 220lb rookie Ian Curtis who is one of the most watched rookie goalies by scouts. He is described as a Ken Dryden type goalie.

The Broncos have bben starting out very slow in games but get stronger as the game goes on. Travis Yonkman has been the key to keeping the Broncos in the game until they get their game legs going.

The only real bad game for this team was against Calgary where they ran into penalty problems taking 6 straight minors. If both teams play to their potential it should be a good game.

Scout

WestLEAFfan
10-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Another 5 goals against. Individual +/- and goalie stats (particularly CYR's) are horrible. No time for the Cats to sit and lick their wounds as a hungry HITMEN club is here tonight to take advantage of poor defence, terrible offence, and lackluster goaltending. I'm predicting another loss tonight, but not as lopsided a score.

smileyjones
10-07-2007, 02:40 PM
BS game last night, and they wonder why nobody goes out to games anymore. Rebuilding is fine but....no goaltending, no defense, no offense, no hitting, no effort, no energy, I could go on.

I have had season tix since the day this team came here, and likely will have for as long as they are here. I honestly can't remember a more disheartening game than this one.

WestLEAFfan
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
What do you think has to happen for PG to turn things around? Coaching change? Wholesale fire sale? Small tweaks? Let me know because I'm completely baffled by the situation. :confused:

Cougar Guy
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
A frickin miracle.

Big Ern
10-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I was able to catch tonight's game against Calgary via webcast. I don' think you guys need a miracle.

PG played a decent game tonight....much MUCH better than last night. Last night against our team, quite frankly, they looked awful. But points in tonight's game they had Calgary, the top team in junior hockey, on their heels. When they scored that second goal a fire seemed to light under them, and they went on to score the third one. Calgary was in a bit of a pickle until they scored the insurance marker, but I thought the Cougars applied pretty steady pressure up to that point.

This is a rebuilding hockey club. They took a run last season to win it all. They ousted the Everett Silvertips, the top team in hockey, but fell short. Don't forget, when you open the throttles to win it all like PG management did last season, you're gonna suffer for a few years.

Have patience...it's gotta fall into place. PG played much better tonight.

GO SWIFTY!

WestLEAFfan
10-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks Big Ern! Patience will indeed be a virtue this year. :)

Cougar Guy
10-08-2007, 12:14 PM
This is a rebuilding hockey club

I agree with that, however, if we were losing games 3-2, 2-1, etc., it would be much easier to accept.

The fact of the matter is that this team was billed as a club that was basically going to have a whole new group of forwards (who would have difficulty scoring) and that the goaltending and d would be solid, since they were pretty much intact from last year. In reality, the d and goaltending has not lived up to expectations thusfar. Sure a fresh group of forwards has an impact there, but there needs to be more leadership from the older guys and the coaching staff needs to sit guys who aren't showing that.