PDA

View Full Version : Fire dyck already

taylor0017
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Sorry but we need better leadership on the bench and Mike Dyck is not the coach to lead this team. He needs to go ........anybody else feel this way.? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shushu
10-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry but we need better leadership on the bench and Mike Dyck is not the coach to lead this team. He needs to go ........anybody else feel this way.? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
with the risk of repeating myself, this team needs a jump start, i doubt that dick will be sent packing, so maybe a trade or who knows but the look of despair is on the players face, your could see it in the third a complete lack of confidence. ..................... and yes this coach needs to get the boot.................................

localguy
10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I think the leadership has to come from within the room, and Ben Wright is not the right guy for the "C". He doesn' t lead on the ice, nor does he "wright" the ship in the room. Strip him of he title and give it to someone who can lead the whole team in both areas, and someone who has the respect of all the guys. Maybe let the players vote on the captain, because the coaches choices don;t seem to be that good lately.

loudi94
10-06-2007, 11:12 PM
The captain C is only a formality at this age. I agree that Wright isn't a good choice, but it's a small problem compared to what's ailing the team. They deflated after Brandon's third goal tonight. Who rallies the troops when they're down??

Porkchop
10-06-2007, 11:14 PM
The canes are going through a real funk, can't score but are outplaying teams. We should of beat kootenay, swift, and now brandon. The bright side is at least we are outplaying teams and not the other way around. The biggest problem is we don't have depth in the scoring department and it shows. Too many plumbers and hopefully the goals will start to come. Is Ruff still in town? Maybe he should be added to the staff, his style might be what is needed.

loudi94
10-06-2007, 11:29 PM
BTW no point in having Wiens out there if he's not going to knock people around. If he starts thinking he's going to be a scorer, we're hooped.

shushu
10-07-2007, 12:03 AM
just wait and see this a downward trend that will continue untill something major changes. players, coaches, gm's, who do you point the finger at..................in there lies the problem, no one knows what it is.....................

grainbear
10-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Every team needs to learn how to win. Yes , we deserve better then to be 3 and 4. But the fact is we are not. Will it turn around and soon, I am not sure . The gm and coachs have chosen to win on speed, and effort. We have had both , the key is still defense and we are getting beaten by different things every night. The first loss was do to a slow start, the second loss was to overconfidence and not playing 60 minutes. The third loss was do to not taking shoots because we are trying to be too pretty. Tonights loss is because we are not scoring on the power plays and giving up a short handed goal. We simply are not mentally tough enough to come back from misfortunes. I honestly think this team needs a sports psycologist to come in and work on mental training . Maybe Dyck isn,t the man but we have seen improvement this year with this team. It is still early and no we are not in the same postion as Calgary but we don,t stink the rink out . This is still a young team and our 20 and 19 year olds are not leading . Dietrich, Wright, Wiens, Farmanara have got to do the job in the dressing room, as well as Dyck and his assistants. Lets give them untill the end of October and then if you want go ahead and crucify them both players ,coachs and the gm.

shushu
10-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Every team needs to learn how to win. Yes , we deserve better then to be 3 and 4. But the fact is we are not. Will it turn around and soon, I am not sure . The gm and coachs have chosen to win on speed, and effort. We have had both , the key is still defense and we are getting beaten by different things every night. The first loss was do to a slow start, the second loss was to overconfidence and not playing 60 minutes. The third loss was do to not taking shoots because we are trying to be too pretty. Tonights loss is because we are not scoring on the power plays and giving up a short handed goal. We simply are not mentally tough enough to come back from misfortunes. I honestly think this team needs a sports psycologist to come in and work on mental training . Maybe Dyck isn,t the man but we have seen improvement this year with this team. It is still early and no we are not in the same postion as Calgary but we don,t stink the rink out . This is still a young team and our 20 and 19 year olds are not leading . Dietrich, Wright, Wiens, Farmanara have got to do the job in the dressing room, as well as Dyck and his assistants. Lets give them untill the end of October and then if you want go ahead and crucify them both players ,coachs and the gm.
im with you, but how many year are we going to sit back with one excuse after another and watch this crap......................

localguy
10-07-2007, 08:42 AM
for the record, ruff is a part of the organization, he is very present at practises, and behind the scenes. This young thing can not continue tu be used as an excuse, they are all a year older than last year. our young guys are actually playing good, yadlowski was our best defenseman last night. When the palyers don;t choose thier captain, they have less respect for the choice, especially when it's someone the boys wouldn;t have chosen. One of our best captains was Ashton, look at the team we had whe he was here, far less talented than this one, but they were a team, and he made sure of that. I think the captaincy is a pretty big deal at this level, the young guys rely on that leadership. I realize the season is young, but it was a loss to Brandon before a big road trip that sent us spiraling downward last year. Let's hope they can stop the trend tonight before they get on the bus.

Porkchop
10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
The captaincy and assistamts are not the problem, thats petty to say the least. It comes down to being a one line team with not enough depth to put together a second scoring line. We have career checkers on the second scoring line. And the young guys for the most part have been invisible/done nothing but that might be because the canes usually only play ten players. Lets hope for a timely win tonight.

localguy
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
to say that leadership is a petty issue is under-estimating, or not knowing what those roles are. If you have a letter it is your job to go out and give it all you have and inspire your team when they are down, and to fire them up when things are going south. To make a big play, and show your team that it doesn;t maatter what the other team just did, you are going to hold your head high, and give your all. That isn;t happening, they get down, and noone has any emotion, or seems to care. That is a problem, the coaches can only teach so much from the bench.