PDA

View Full Version : Matt Fraser Dealt to Kootenay

RebelsFan
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
From the Kootenay website...

"Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced that the club has traded 20-year-old Forward Clayton Bauer to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for 17-year-old Forward Matt Fraser and a fifth round pick in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft.

“With the 20 year-old deadline approaching this week we knew we had to get down to three 20-year-olds soon rather than later. Matt Fraser is part of an age group (1990) where we don’t have a lot of depth and we expected Matt to step in and be a regular contributor to our every day line-up. We wish Clayton all the best in Red Deer and thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club over the past year,” added Chynoweth.

Matt Fraser will be in the Kootenay line-up starting tomorrow when they travel to Moose Jaw to open a three game East Division road trip."

From the WHL stat site, Bauer has played in 5 games this year and has no points and is -5 in plus/minus with 12 pims. Hopefully his offensive ability will shine through once in Red Deer. He had 52 points last year. I am sad to see Fraser go as I have enjoyed him play. As well, it seems like a lot to give up to get a 20 year old with limited production this year. Fraser seemed to be doing real well this year and will benefit from the extra ice he will receive in Kootenay.

Best of luck in Kootenay Matt!

RDRebelsfan
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
well we got another 20, though I'm sure a lot of us were expecting it to be a 20 year old d man.

Hockey101
10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Still have one more spot nhl

dagley
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Putting money on it Red Deer gets their 20 from us, seeing how we have 3 20's on defense and one isn't expendable. Don't know which other teams have 20's on defense.

SectionNDeserter
10-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow! Gave up quite a bit for him considering he could be potentially let go right away at the deadline. Looks like he has had a rough start, but definately has some potential as he showed last season.