PDA

View Full Version : Brandis

dagley
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Blades fans, fill me in. He's only played four games in the league but from what you've seen if anything at all what does he bring. Does he have the potential to put up decent numbers since we need top line winger to put puck in net. (Thats a joke from Sportsnet! :P)

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Blades fans, fill me in. He's only played four games in the league but from what you've seen if anything at all what does he bring. Does he have the potential to put up decent numbers since we need top line winger to put puck in net. (Thats a joke from Sportsnet! :P)
To be honest I did not see that much in him,he did not have any points and his skating looked bad(not as good as a 19 year old should be) I do not think he has the potential to be a top line winger,but maybe a 2nd liner,but with the forwards that the Blades have now,they do not need Brandis. It will be interesting to see if he resurfaces in the WHL again or not.

Triton
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
To be honest I did not see that much in him,he did not have any points and his skating looked bad(not as good as a 19 year old should be) I do not think he has the potential to be a top line winger,but maybe a 2nd liner,but with the forwards that the Blades have now,they do not need Brandis. It will be interesting to see if he resurfaces in the WHL again or not.

He got traded to Brandon today.

howley
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
he resurfaced in Brandon....I haven't seen him play, but he did fight once...if that helps.

dagley
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
It's just this move doesn't make any sense here in Brandon, it's been the talk around town for the past few hours. The only thing I can think out is that Fehr's concussion is more serious than thought and he's coming in to play on the 3rd line. I don't know the reasoning behind this unless hes coming to fill a spot for somebody that's about to be traded, cause I don't see him being here next year as a 20 year old European. Kelly is an odd GM, hell it's like he added him just cause he had a European spot available.

Trav
10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Brandon likely didn't give up anything for him.

dagley
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
lol, I'm sure Brandon gave something for him...never heard of a team giving somebody a player for nothing in return...probably a late pick.

howley
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
nothing was said. I really thought the Blades released him days earlier to get Fiala. The way the article was written made it seem like there was something in return. You think they would have mentioned it though.

Trav
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
the Blades get nothing in return, which isn't a surprise.

Sinbin1
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I think the Brandis deal is more of a tryout....if he makes it great if he doesn't oh well back to the Mother land!