PDA

View Full Version : Five For Fighting

GoTips
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
I was not at the game tonight, but listening on the radio. (Seeing as Tips Tv doesn't seem to be working)
Sounded like McEwan got it handed to him 3 times by Ellington. :laugh:
What a dumb move by him to run into Wall, nice job by Ellington to step up and protect him. Although, the way it sounded Wall was fired up enough to go after McEwan. But, it is better to have him not fighting and risking a suspension McEwan recieves a Match- Attempt to Injure. I see the future of enforcer for Ellington.
Great game for Karel Hromas another hat trick @ EEC! Nice to see him get that.
I am a little sad for missing a great game and the line brawl but, it makes me feel better that we beat the T-Birds and handed it to them in the brawl. ;)
:groovy: Nice Win! :groovy:

Tipped Off
03-17-2005, 12:09 AM
19 minutes to go in the Third, Tips just scored an empty netter to move ahead 4-2. Fans go nuts cause it was a hat trick. Seattle is steaming. Ref Warns Ellington & McEwan not to drop gloves as it look slike they are going to. Puck drops and Seattle puts a quick shot on wall, which he blocks and holds....from out of the blue line comes a charging McEwan who blasts wall sending him into the post and causing mayhem. Ellington gets McEwan and just pounds on him. This turns into an all out line Brawl, but the real action is Ellington/McEwan. After handing McEwan his lunch with 5 or 6 clear shots to the head, McEwan goes down. Ref breaks it up, win for Ellington. Ref moves on to break up another fight and McEwan wants more...Ellington obliges. This one is much closer as they both connect on a few shots. Ellington grabs McEwans leg, throwns him to the Ice and gets a big right on him before Ref Jumps on top. Slight edge to Ellington. As Ref skates McEwan off this time, he breaks free and wants more. Again Ellington obliges. They scrum real quick but ref gets in. Ellington knocks both Ref and McEwan to the Ice and nails McEwan once with a right before the Head official jumps in and tears Ellington off. I'd say three wins for Ellington.

This one was too good to miss, so I don;t know too much about the other fights. I do know Wall jumped up and dropped the gloves and was looking for someone, anyone to hit. He looked at bridges and gave him the wave...but Bridges did nothing. The head official skated Wall off the ice as the other fights were going on to make sure nothing happened.

McEwan got 5 for Intent to Injure & 5 for fighting not sure why he was the only one not to get a 10-minute misconduct...perhaps an oversight? Ellington got instigator for going after McEwing after he hit wass, five for fighting and a 10 minute. All 8 other players got 5 for fighting and 10 minute misconducts.

If anyone else saw the other fights, lets recap em?

Rooselk
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
I was at the game. Almost didn't go but at the last minute decided to go for it. Glad I did. I was great seeing the hat trick. It was a sight to see the puck hit from the Tip side of the ice and then take a moderate slide toward the Seattle goal with a T-Bird player desperately trying to catch up with it. The fight was exactly as you describe. I believe it was Potuer who was also getting some good licks on one of the T-Bird players. But the ice was chaotic during the fight and the fans were going crazy. I think I'm definately going to get a ticket for Sunday's game in Seattle.