PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumblings

dagley
10-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I heard a rumor that Red Deer has contacted Kelly about Yeo.

Triton
10-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Would we recieve anything we could use now?

WHEATMAN
10-10-2007, 05:03 PM

I wouldnt be suprised about that, Yeo plays a Sutter type game, with the exception of the odd bad penalty. I think trading Yeo is what Kelly should do, we have played exceptional with Louis in the lineup, and he brings everything to the table Yeo does, Just Louis is a better skater. Hopefully we don't end up just releasing someone straight up, either Yeo or Louis is worth a 5th or 6th round pick I would say

SectionNDeserter
10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Because Yeo is injured, it is a bit of a gamble, however his value with the overage deadline tommorow and him being injured is about as low as it is going to get (unless they just sign him after he is waived). So if they do pick him up, and by chance Brett Sutter is returned to us, or by some miracle Starkov reports, it isn't as much of a loss to release him.

There is a great deal of skill on the Rebel blueline, but the only defenseman that the Rebels have that is even remotely tough or rugged is Scarborough (and he isn't scaring anyone--at least not yet), and if Yeo recovers fully from this surgery, I can see him being a good fit.

dagley
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Starkov won't report, whiny kid.

Triton
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the Wheatkings should give a player like Brent Ottmann a shot. 14 points in 7 games for Nipawin. He may just have found his love for the game after his departure from PA where he wasn't treated very well.

Triton
10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
there is a reason nobody picked up Ottman when he got released and it isnt because he doesnt have talent

Million dollar body...10 cent head.

Brandonite
10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Million dollar body...10 cent head.

I heard through the grape vine that Ottman is just content playing Jr.A hockey right now and didnt really say too much as to why he isnt playing his 19 year old year in Major Junior. He scored 5 goals in 1 game last week for Nipawin but attitude's seem to be the biggest thing with some of these kids these days. Some of them seem to think they are already pro...

Triton
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
and didnt really say too much as to why he isnt playing his 19 year old year in Major Junior.

He's not playing junior cause he doesn't want to follow team rules and thinks he's a bad boy.