PDA

View Full Version : Is CYR Safe?

WestLEAFfan
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
With the OA deadline approaching fast, will CYR remain a Cougar? Perhaps the COUGAR management will trade him for a forward who can score. I think it would be a huge mistake if they did.

dagley
10-10-2007, 07:11 PM
You'd be better off just trading for a young player, 17/18 years old. This season doesn't look to promising at least 7 games in at 1-6. Just an idea.

WestLEAFfan
10-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I fear you may be correct. :(

dagley
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Getting Wishart from ya :]

Cougar Guy
10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Trading Cyr (especially if there is interest and a reasonable return) is a no brainer. Same with Wishart, Dudas or any other player that could fetch something. Tyrell would be my only untouchable.

We need draft picks bad.

puckmam
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Getting Wishart from ya :]
Where did you hear that? He's still on the Coug''s roster.

puckmam
10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
With the OA deadline approaching fast, will CYR remain a Cougar? Perhaps the COUGAR management will trade him for a forward who can score. I think it would be a huge mistake if they did.
What happened for him at camp in the summer? I heard rumors he will be traded from the Cougs

WestLEAFfan
10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
What happened for him at camp in the summer? I heard rumors he will be traded from the Cougs

He went to a REDWINGS camp in the summer and had a great showing. He came back to PG with guns a' blazing and ready for his final OA year. So far that has not translated into any success for him. I feel so sorry for this guy as many fans are getting on him. It's not necessary, he knows he is playing horrible and his confidence is brittle at best. :(

puckmam
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Isn't he the same kid that helped the COUGS get to playoffs last year and did a remarkable job? How quickly that has been forgotten. Yes, he needs to pick it up but putting the bulk of the blame on him is unfair. The entire team needs to step it up or the seats will remain empty.

WestLEAFfan
10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Isn't he the same kid that helped the COUGS get to playoffs last year and did a remarkable job? How quickly that has been forgotten. Yes, he needs to pick it up but putting the bulk of the blame on him is unfair. The entire team needs to step it up or the seats will remain empty.

Unfortunately, it's always a matter of "what have you done for me lately", rather than "what you have done".