PDA

View Full Version : An opinion

dagley
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Anyways, I know you're all probably tired of reading what I have to say. Understandably so, but I am curious about everyones opinion on this and I thought of what better place?

Anyhoo, I've stressed during the off-season and still do stress that we need a first line winger, who can put the puck in the net. All due respect to Clark/Lowry/Bartek but I think we're missing that league wide known power forward who can score. I understand we're only a few games into the season, and have had quite a bit of success. I believe our defensive core is one of the best, if not the best in the entire WHL and has been for a few years and upfront we're quite young and all due respect to Glennie/Calvert and Schenn but deeper into the season and the playoffs I think we need a veteran who can put the puck in the net, much like I believed we needed Klinkhammer last year.

Your thoughts, and who you'd like to see realistically in Brandon.

Riley Holzapfel for me :]

sbtatter
10-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Anyways, I know you're all probably tired of reading what I have to say. Understandably so, but I am curious about everyones opinion on this and I thought of what better place?

Anyhoo, I've stressed during the off-season and still do stress that we need a first line winger, who can put the puck in the net. All due respect to Clark/Lowry/Bartek but I think we're missing that league wide known power forward who can score. I understand we're only a few games into the season, and have had quite a bit of success. I believe our defensive core is one of the best, if not the best in the entire WHL and has been for a few years and upfront we're quite young and all due respect to Glennie/Calvert and Schenn but deeper into the season and the playoffs I think we need a veteran who can put the puck in the net, much like I believed we needed Klinkhammer last year.

Your thoughts, and who you'd like to see realistically in Brandon.

Riley Holzapfel for me :]
I don't think he'd win us a championship, and what would we have to give up to get him. I'd rather build a contender for 09 or 10, keep the rookies and bed in the 5 or so great prospects next year....I don't want a short term deal where we give up prospects for Holzapfel and mess up the future...

WHEATMAN
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't think we need anybody. We are supposed to be rebuilding after all. If I were Kelly I wouldn't make any changes to our forwards unless we can trade Dittmer for a better OA forward. I wouldn't like Holzapfel because the Warriors would be asking too much for him and he would be gone next year anyway, and next year we should have a far better team than we have now, on paper anyway. I am against making any major moves, but if we need to, I would try to aquire a 18 year old power forward, whoever that may be.

Brandonite
10-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think we need anybody. We are supposed to be rebuilding after all. If I were Kelly I wouldn't make any changes to our forwards unless we can trade Dittmer for a better OA forward. I wouldn't like Holzapfel because the Warriors would be asking too much for him and he would be gone next year anyway, and next year we should have a far better team than we have now, on paper anyway. I am against making any major moves, but if we need to, I would try to aquire a 18 year old power forward, whoever that may be.

I'd trade Dittmer for an 8th round bantam pick. Louis would probably be more consistant at forward than Dittmer is! As long as everyone stays constant and continues to work hard every night, this team will succeed. The one thing that will kill them later in the year is toughness and thats one thing Brandon doesn't have alot of neither. Some of those bigger and stronger teams are going to push these kids around pretty bad and we really have no one to step in. We need Louis & Yeo both on the ice as much as possible. Erb & Jefferies are the go-to guys for scrapping and hopefully Hale can adapt to the league and use that big 6'4" frame.

Triton
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't know how Dittmer can be trashed after what he's done thus far. Sure he's soft, but so is 80% of the league. I think Dittmer is gaining confidence and we could be more far worse off if we had Kaye or Delaronde as our 20, at least Dittmer is putting up points and that is what we need, we don't need him to fight or lay big hits, we need him to put the puck in the net and thats what he's currently doing.