PDA

View Full Version : Nameless Jersies...

Spungy
01-15-2005, 11:25 PM
At tonights game there were three players with no namebar on their jersies. .

curious as to why not?

One was your Goalie, i checked the game sheet, he is an 89? Wow he was an awesome goalie. he kept your boys in the game for the first two periods... we couldn't seem to get past him. what an up and coming!

I really enjoyed watching your team, it is too bad we don't play each other more often!

Thunderbird107
01-15-2005, 11:31 PM
At tonights game there were three players with no namebar on their jersies. .

curious as to why not?

One was your Goalie, i checked the game sheet, he is an 89? Wow he was an awesome goalie. he kept your boys in the game for the first two periods... we couldn't seem to get past him. what an up and coming!

I really enjoyed watching your team, it is too bad we don't play each other more often!

I'm pretty sure those are Bantam picks that were called up for the trip. As such, there wasn't time to make the jerseys personalized and also it allows the number to be used again if needed later on. If I'm wrong, someone jump in.

natural_center
01-16-2005, 02:06 AM
The goalie was Kurtis Mucha, a 15-year-old called up because both Butler and Grenier are hurt. Friday was his WHL debut.

#9 was Colton Sceviour, a bantam called up for the weekend while the team was on the East swing.

#24 was our Euro, Martin Bucek, who usually wears #22 but somehow his white jersey got left in Portland, so he wore the #24 jersey, which bantam callup Kelly Friesen was wearing last weekend (Friesen is no longer with the team).

Spungy
01-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the details!

your new Goalie will impress all when you see him at home!

natural_center
01-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Fortunately (and unfortunately), the team is saying that at least one of our regular goalies will be healthy by this weekend, so Mucha is probably returning to his bantam team before the team comes home.

Spungy
01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
thats too bad! but you will get a look at him next year i guess!!

We really enjoyed him last night, and the talk at work all day today, was 'i can't believe he was only 15' :D

upper level fan
01-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I watched the game in Moose Jaw and for a 15 year old he looked outstanding. It looked to me like 3 of the goals there was nothing he could really do they were great shots. Im not looking forward to him coming in to the league because Spokane will have to deal with him next year or the year after. And thanks for getting rid of Lapoint so we could in turn pick him up. I like how he looks so far in the everette game and sounds like hes doing pretty good.