PDA

View Full Version : Vann headed home?

Triton
10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone else hear that?

whlhockeyfan13
10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I was shocked to see on Raiders web site that Vann has left for personal reasons. What could be going on. Anything to do with the new coach?

dagley
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Well take him in Brandon after losing Louis, maybe he'd like to play close to home? :P

Triton
10-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I was shocked to see on Raiders web site that Vann has left for personal reasons. What could be going on. Anything to do with the new coach?

I'll let you know via PM after I talk to his billets.

Triton
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM

Notice a trend with all the players leaving?

Sabes
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
This sucks, we have no heavy and now we lose one of the best middleweights in the league.

zinger
10-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Notice a trend with all the players leaving?

i cetainly do, Malone left on his own accord and was not re-assigned, Penner left on his own, Sherger was going to tell the team he was leaving but was "assigned", Flatters is so happy he could kiss Donn Clark, Amie wants a trade and was heard saying he will not come back, and now Vann has left on his own accord as well, and he was happy with his billets both this year and last.

I am not sure as to why, but there seems to be a lot of unhappy players, Bruno?, Donn?, anyone.... ? :confused:

Swamptown
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Malone shouldn't have been in this league to begin with.

Penner was home sick and would have seen 4th line ice at best. Probably best for the Raiders and himself that he goes to Brooks, lives an hour from home and gets lots of ice time. Maybe he'll be back next year and this will all be forgotten, only time will tell.

Scherger, Palazzo, and Vann all would have seen limited ice with the emergence of Button and Deck. Its tough to sit on the bench (or the stands) as a 3rd year player watching a rookie play on the PP and PK, while your role on the team has been reduced to occasionally dropping the mits.

4 20 year olds and Flatters was the odd man out. Somebody had to go. It's nice to see that some respect is shown to May and Gauthier as they were drafted by the Raiders and are in their 5th year as Raiders.

I think Aime is good enough to play in this league, but Stanford has out played him this year. I thought Stanford was the best goalie at the '06 training camp but was cut because of his age.

I'm sure all the players that have 'left' the team have been shopped around to other teams. Maybe the asking price is too high, maybe there are no deals to be had. I'm sure that Donn Clark would rather move some of these guys than get nothing in return for them.

You can also add Ottmann to that list as well.

Triton
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I told Raiderfan17 what had happened and now apparently he's joined a MJHL team. Anyone know which one? While not saying anything public, but you won't see Vann in a Raider uniform again which is unfortunate.

whlhockeyfan13
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
What is going on with all these players refusing to ever wear a Raider uniform again? Some of those players who were cut would kill for a spot on the team.

Triton
10-12-2007, 02:40 PM
What is going on with all these players refusing to ever wear a Raider uniform again? Some of those players who were cut would kill for a spot on the team.

Not while Clark is there. He's the cause of this.And I like how the radio, newspaper and the media make it seem like it was Vann who wanted to leave. I wish they would quit coveting and be honest, clark is a coward and his ass shouldn't be in the lockerroom anyways. No wonder his wife took off on him.

hobster
10-12-2007, 02:48 PM
That disapointing too say the least. Vann was the only guy on the Raiders that would really fight Klotz when the 2 teams get together ,who now maybe palazzo ?

Triton
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
If you see Clark at the game, voice your displeasure to him. :groovy:

Swamptown
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
How is Donn Clark the cause of this problem?

hobster
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Who has all left since the start of the season ? Ottman Flatters Aime Vann Scherger Malone there has too be more but whats going on there in pa just things didn't work out or is it the managment coaches ?

Triton
10-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Trust me, he is.

hobster
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Well i remember when Donn clark was a coach in stoon he only liked and played veterans, so it's kind of hard too develope your young guys doing bone head things like that ,never liked the guy one bit.

hobster
10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I agree Small sounded dangerous in the preseason game the Blades played the raiders .He is fast and a great skater this guy should be playing, but as long as Don Clark relays messages too Bruno he wont play much unfortunaly.

whlhockeyfan13
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
A guy like Small is going to rot on the bench and won't be much good to the team next year as he didn't get much playing time. He'd be better off going back to Junior A and being on a first or second line. He is a great skater and can get past those big guys.

Swamptown
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Not all of these players left the team.

Ottmann underproduced, was a bandaid, had troubles off of the ice, and was cut.
Flatters - 20 years old - Traded
Malone does not belong in this league.
Aime/Scherger/Vann either were reassigned or "left" the team because they seen the writing on the wall. Fact is there are better players in camp than them, who are younger than them.

You're right on Donn Clark being responsible for this. Afterall he is the GM that brought in Deck, Button, Stanford, Small and the other youngsters on this team who have pushed some of the vets out. Finally Donn Clark has done something right. We will miss Vanns' toughness, but I don't think the others will be overly missed.

If these players are valuable to the Raiders, surely some other team would gladly pick the up by trade. They are doing nothing here right now, so they should be worth at least a conditional pick, don't you think?

whlhockeyfan13
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Swamptown you make some good points to consider.

Triton
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Not all of these players left the team.

Ottmann underproduced, was a bandaid, had troubles off of the ice, and was cut.
Flatters - 20 years old - Traded
Malone does not belong in this league.
Aime/Scherger/Vann either were reassigned or "left" the team because they seen the writing on the wall. Fact is there are better players in camp than them, who are younger than them.

You're right on Donn Clark being responsible for this. Afterall he is the GM that brought in Deck, Button, Stanford, Small and the other youngsters on this team who have pushed some of the vets out. Finally Donn Clark has done something right. We will miss Vanns' toughness, but I don't think the others will be overly missed.

If these players are valuable to the Raiders, surely some other team would gladly pick the up by trade. They are doing nothing here right now, so they should be worth at least a conditional pick, don't you think?

Clearly your blinded by Clark's sexiness and now it's messing with a clear thought of yours. Ask other Raider fans such as Felix and Raiderfan17 and they'll tell you things you won't be able to wrap your head around.

hobster
10-12-2007, 07:01 PM
HAHAH humpty dumpty's sexyness haha ,he has too be one of the bigger jokes for either coaches or gm,s in the league ,quit allready and play some golf with your brother wendell.

Triton
10-12-2007, 07:06 PM
HAHAH humpty dumpty's sexyness haha ,he has too be one of the bigger jokes for either coaches or gm,s in the league ,quit allready and play some golf with your brother wendell.

Anholt does run a golf course at Candle Lake..lol pbj dancing pi

hobster
10-12-2007, 07:09 PM
a thats right things are shaping up then lol :laugh:

Zookeeper
10-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Clearly your blinded by Clark's sexiness and now it's messing with a clear thought of yours. Ask other Raider fans such as Felix and Raiderfan17 and they'll tell you things you won't be able to wrap your head around.

I agree Clark HAS to go, his time is up and we need a change now. Sure he made some great moves for us (Ryan Macdonald for one) but he has made many stupid moves too. The Deckert thing last year was just plain stupid to name one. When are we going to do something in this league? I heard many fans complain about Clark and want him out. During the introductions on the sesaon opener, Clark gets booed every year and this year was no different. People are going to stop attending or buying season tickets because of this clown. Not sure why he is still here?? Swamptown talks about Clark bring all of these young like Deck, Button, Stanford, Small, but I bet Clark never even seen 1/2 of them play before, this is what the scouts are for, but Clark takes the credit. Sure Clark makes the deals but the scouts are telling him who to go for.

hobster
10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Scouts are really underestimated for the job they do in this league, look at all the miles they put on, and are away from there familly's i'll give credit ware credit is due.

zinger
10-13-2007, 06:42 AM
I think that the unhappy players on this team who are leaving, wanting to be traded, etc is not about the amount of ice time or the amount of games that they get into, because they know coming in to this league you wait for your chances and you make the most of them. I beleive it has everything to do with how they are treated. These young kids make sacrifices being away from home, and it is a huge adjustment for them, and if management and coaches are yelling and swearing at them, running them down in front of team mates, being belittled and humiliated, it comes down to verbal, psychological, and emotional abuse. It can make a difficult situation unbearable. Can you blame some of these kids for second geussing their decision to be here? Would this type of treatment be tolerable in your workplace? Why is it OK on this hockey team? Could you handle your job if that was how you were treated everyday? Then add to the fact that you are away from your family and freinds living in someone elses home, how would you feel? How would you feel if your son was one of these players?

These kids deserve better treatment from this team. Shame on the Raiders organization.

zinger
10-13-2007, 06:48 AM

You sound like you are Donn Clark !!

Five Hole
10-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I think Zinger makes some valid points there. Most kids with talent want to do what it takes to get to the highest level they can in the game they love to play. It is a dream of thousands of them to get to the WHL level, and a real thrill when you achieve that goal.
You try your hardest to earn your spot and make the best of your chances. But, while there is a lot of glory and glamour in playing at the highest level of junior hockey, life in the WHL can also be a real grind. I think most struggle with it from time to time, because they are 15 to 20 year old kids, basically.
With reference to the coaching and management style of verbally abusing players for mistakes and demeaning them in front of others, you can argue that that's just the way it is in major junior, suck it up or move on, but it doesn't necessarily make it right. There are many teams that have great success with a much more professional way of treating players.
I think some guys just get to the point where the bloom is off the rose, especially when they realize that a pro hockey career is probably not in the cards, that they don't need this crap anymore. If you were in a job where that was going on, you'd leave (if you had any brains).. and go offer your services somewhere else.
And I think it's even worse when the treatment is inconsistent. If some guys get raked over the coals for mistakes when others don't for the same or worse situations, it'd start to pi$$ you off. Hey, I think May, as an example, is great for the Raiders, but that guy can make some of the biggest bone head plays I've ever seem resulting in goals against, and never miss a shift or have the coach rip him a new one. Probably he's earned that respect, but I'd venture to others it doesn't sit well.
I know in Vann's case the Raiders did not want him to leave, and I'm sure doing so was a very tough decision for him.To walk away at the WHL level from the game and teammates you go through the wars with day in, day out, you've basically decided other choices in life just make more sense.
I wish him well, I liked watching him in a Raider uniform, and so did many others.

WestLEAFfan
10-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Very well said Five Hole. In your face coaching may be a motivator for some while not for others. It's always sad to see a young man who has sacrificed so much walk away from the game at any level. Let's hope CODY made the right descision. Best of luck to him.

WestLEAFfan
10-13-2007, 08:51 AM
It is supposed to be a "game" isn't it! What has happened when a game isn't fun anymore? Who's to blame for this?

sbtatter
10-13-2007, 10:15 AM
The problem isnt with the coaching . Bruno does a good job with the boys. Vann wasent having fun anymore and say playing jr A hockey in manitoba is fun.
Who's he going to play for now?

Swamptown
10-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Five hole and zinger make some valid points.

No I'm not Donn Clark. I would agree that he has the personality of a piece of cow dung, but my point was that there are better players on the team.

I don't hang out at the rink, have a player living with me, or really have any ties to the team other than I am a season tickert holder and have been for a few years. I see what I see on the ice. If he does treat people the way you all say he does, then yes it's time for a change.

Dwight Schrute
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
all i know is something's gotta give. and also why would bruno allow this to go on ?

Sabes
10-13-2007, 03:23 PM
look at small he gets 2 shifts a game and sits on the bench, and may be our best skater.

Last night was a prime example. He had 4 shifts and 2 good scoring chances.

hobster
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Well as long as Don Clark is still around this will continue he must be calling the shots from upstairs. I wish the owner of the raiders would growe some balls and fire his ass, these young talented guys the raiders have wont ever get a chance too develope it's sad.

Dwight Schrute
10-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Last night was a prime example. He had 4 shifts and 2 good scoring chances.
i think he could be pretty effective in the shootout

Dwight Schrute
10-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Well as long as Don Clark is still around this will continue he must be calling the shots from upstairs. I wish the owner of the raiders would growe some balls and fire his ass, these young talented guys the raiders have wont ever get a chance too develope it's sad.
the raiders are a community owned team

hobster
10-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Ahh just like the Green Bay Packers of the nfl