PDA

View Full Version : Fiala's knees

sbtatter
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Is it true Fiala has had trouble in the past with knee injuries?

TIPMAN
10-11-2007, 03:54 PM
In Everett he had trouble with injuries and particularly it was the knee that punched his ticket out of Everett. He got some bad advice and left the team in Everett right around playoff time to go home even though he was supposedly cleared to play by Minnesota's doctors. It rubbed many the wrong way in Everett. What I've heard from Everett scouts is that he's a good kid that got bad advice and is healthy and ready to move on. The combination of the way he left Everett last season and that he was a 2 spotter made it very unlikely he was going to play in Everett. I for one was happy to get a 3rd round pick for him. He should produce in Saskatoon though. The change of scenery is something he really needed. Good deal for both teams.

Trav
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
have gotten recently for players in terms of picks, I think a 3rd round pick is a very good deal for the Blades.

TIPMAN
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Great deal for the Blades IF he stays healthy. Big if with Fiala. Like I said, the change of scenery will do him good. From Everett's side, a 3rd round pick for a guy that takes up 2 spots and was on the outs with coaches and teammates looks pretty good. As I said before, there are no losers in this deal.