PDA

View Full Version : Rebs/MH

Tinner
03-17-2005, 09:28 AM
listening to the game last night sounded pretty good but 2 concerns or observations popped up. one, looks like leslie can provide some good solid goaltending for us, and two, our lack of offense in the key games is a concern.

Was this a "off" night?

These are the types of games teams need to play to be sucessful in the playoffs and we need to generate more than 21 shots on goal or least score on that many shots. Defensively, we're ok.....aren't we!

grumphy
03-17-2005, 10:54 AM
It was a terrific play off type of game. You are right the kid was fantastic in goal. The rebs seemed to run into the same problem as a lot of teams, they could not find a way to handle the speed and forchecking of the tigers. I really think that when the tigers actually bring thier "A" game they are really hard to handle down low. They were cycling good and thier transition was probably as good as I've seen it this year.
Other than that I thought the rebs played a good game, it sure was not a done deal until the final horn went, pretty hard to get up and leave your seat at any point.
As always if we meet down the line, it is going to be one heck of a seven game series. Great for the fans either way

Tinner
03-17-2005, 02:02 PM
thanks for the update

Red celtic
03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Looking at the game sheet it seems we were missing some bodies, Vandermeer, Pieper, Morris, Festa, and Sutter were not in the lineup. I think once we start getting some bodies back we will match up well with both Med Hat and Lethbridge. Pieper and Sutter will be back for the weekend not sure about Teddy.
:turkey: