PDA

View Full Version : CHL Top 10 Rankings - week #21

The_Vulk
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
CHL Top-10 Rankings (http://www.chl.ca/CHLNews0405/0317.html)
CHL Top 10 - Week Number 21

Ranking - Team - Record - Last Week's Ranking - Weeks in Ranking

1. London Knights (58-5-2-0) 1 21
2. Kelowna Rockets (43-12-12-2) 2 12
3. Rimouski Oceanic (42-17-5-3) 3 10
4. Kootenay Ice (44-15-7-2) 4 13
5. Brandon Wheat Kings (43-20-5-1) 6 4
6. Halifax Mooseheads (40-16-9-2) 5 10
7. Owen Sound Attack (40-15-7-3) 8 15
8. Chicoutimi Sagueneens (38-18-6-5) 7 18
9. Medicine Hat Tigers (42-21-4-2) 10 12
10. Seattle Thunderbirds (42-22-2-2) 9 18

Jovorock
03-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Didn't realize that Rimouski has a 26 game winning streak, pretty dam good.

Dub has five teams in top ten, Q has three and the OHL has two? Shows where the power of the CHL is!

Sput
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Didn't you know Jovo....Rimouski has ALL the power because they have Sydney the Great on their team. :D :clown: :laugh:

Jovorock
03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Didn't you know Jovo....Rimouski has ALL the power because they have Sydney the Great on their team. :D :clown: :laugh:
Ya I think I have heard of that guy, he's not bad. ;)

Tiger Trauma
03-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Hmmm must be a pretty tough league(chl)? 26 game winning streak and their only at 3rd spot...lol :laugh:

Furback
03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Crosby has 18 points in his last 3 games ever since world juniors the kid has been on another planet averaging over three points a game.

Sput
03-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Here we go for ROUND TWO of how wonderful Syd is.....in one guy's opinion. :groovy:

SimonTemplar
03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Does he put up these #s in the OHL. WHL. Don't think so playing in the Q is like fantasy Hockey this year and Rimouski has also allowed almost 250 goals.

He would be closer to Corey Perry numbers I believe if he was over here.

Furback
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Who cares where he plays the guy is on fire thats all i said his team is on fire give the guy credit Its not like the qmjhl is midget hockey oh well i guess his 163 points means nothing if he doesnt play in the wub?

fightstrap50
03-17-2005, 06:52 PM
personally i think Crosby is a great player, QMJHL, or not but... to say hes the next great one would be way out of context. I dont know how high of hopes to put on a 17 year old kid, he is only a kid remember , even with 163 points. He has the most pressure on him to perform night after night, than any other person in the league, player or not. Big fat money for advertising rights is pretty crazy too, I cant remember the last kid in the CHL that as a 17 year old, signs a multi million dollar deal before ever stepping foot in the profesional hockey world!!! I would hate to see him burn out or take a long downward fall in his hockey or the whole world will come down on him for it, Example, as in what if next year hes a year older, kinda bored of the hype around him, has to play a little bigger and stronger with more older players that have developed there hitting and strength type games, and he cant score so easy. Now after all this blabbering of mine, say he only gets 88 or even 110 points, oh no Crosbys not the leader!!, the pressures to much on him he will fizz out from the media ridicule and the constant bombardment of questions and insults. whatever just my point on the subject anyways, but i guarantee he'd be nowhere close to having that many points in the "DUB" thats for sure. GO ICE GO!!!

thomasincanada
03-17-2005, 08:22 PM
personally i think Crosby is a great player, QMJHL, or not but... to say hes the next great one would be way out of context. I dont know how high of hopes to put on a 17 year old kid, he is only a kid remember , even with 163 points. He has the most pressure on him to perform night after night, than any other person in the league, player or not. Big fat money for advertising rights is pretty crazy too, I cant remember the last kid in the CHL that as a 17 year old, signs a multi million dollar deal before ever stepping foot in the profesional hockey world!!! I would hate to see him burn out or take a long downward fall in his hockey or the whole world will come down on him for it, Example, as in what if next year hes a year older, kinda bored of the hype around him, has to play a little bigger and stronger with more older players that have developed there hitting and strength type games, and he cant score so easy. Now after all this blabbering of mine, say he only gets 88 or even 110 points, oh no Crosbys not the leader!!, the pressures to much on him he will fizz out from the media ridicule and the constant bombardment of questions and insults. whatever just my point on the subject anyways, but i guarantee he'd be nowhere close to having that many points in the "DUB" thats for sure. GO ICE GO!!!

Regardless of the numbers he would or wouldn't get, I think it's safe to say he'd be the leading scorer in whatever CHL league he played in.

I'm no Rimouski fan but anyone who thinks he'd be having trouble scoring in any of these leagues hasn't watched him enough.

Tom

Furback
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Its impossible to say how he would do in the ohl or whl cause he will never play in either league. He has done well in ever place he has played i think the whl would be no diffrent of coarse he wouldnt have 163 points cause the wub is all about systems but we will never know how well he will do in the wub. lets just give the kid credit and wait and see if he will make the same impact at the pro level

Joe Hallenback
03-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Put Sydney on the Wheaties Between Fehr and Stone and he would probably have 200 points already! :clap:

Sput
03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE= lets just give the kid credit and wait and see if he will make the same impact at the pro level[/QUOTE]

Wow...this is the first time this has come from you Furback. Thats what most all of us have been saying all along, but you only saw it as an arguement against Syd's ability. I have never said he wasn't a good to great hockey player, but he certainly isn't the only player that has put up fantastic numbers in junior, only to have it all fall apart in the bigs. It has to be "wait and see". Anything else is simple speculation by ANYONE'S part.