PDA

View Full Version : Goals,goals, Goals And More Goals! Wow

BroncoMania
10-12-2007, 10:46 PM
The Broncos were AWESOME tonight !! They dominated every part of the game. Also the BIG "I" looks like it's going to be alright.I really like the large kickass lobby. applause It's just too bad it wasn't Moose Jaw we beat 10-1!
"RIGHT BIG DADDY" dancing pi Hey Big ERN,i heard you on the air before the game.You sounded GREAT,maybe you should quit your day job and help Keener at the EAGLE ! PEACE OUT :thumb:

SuckItUp
10-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow was that fun to watch or what. We came at them in droves. First period was a little shakey but after that we dominated every aspect of this game. We had not only the Vets leading the team but the 16 and 17 year olds we making the Oil Kings look stupid out there. Job well done. Doesn't matter how much you spend on a bus when you lose 10-1 the bus ride to the Hat still sucks.

Split the D
10-13-2007, 12:06 AM
It sure would be nice to beat the Warriors 10-1 and see what Big Daddy has to say. What a fun game lots of goals and fights does it get any better?

wardog fan
10-13-2007, 12:35 AM
what does moose jaw have to do with your win tonight ? sounds like you guys played great tonight i love seeing the sask teams beating up the rest of the league. and as far as im concerned i would rather have swifty in 1st then regina toon town or even pa and brandon so with that said the jaw has always treated swifty fans great even myself . as for big daddy i dont know who this guy you refer to is or could be my self as i met big ern at that season opener and we had fun with the game no personel attacks were made. but anyways rememeber guys its just a game, and as it was put in your forum moose jaw is till we play again 1.3 seconds away from swifty... but hey we all again in one thing we all hate regina...lol

WestLEAFfan
10-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Looks as if you fellas may need to implement the mercy rule in Speedy Creek!

Scout
10-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Last updated at 2:17 AM on 13/10/07

Broncos erupt for 10 goals in home opener

SOUTHWEST BOOSTER SPORTS
The Southwest Booster

The Swift Current Broncos and their fans waited eight games into the team’s season until the Broncos played a game at their newly renovated rink. Although the rink may not yet be complete, the Broncos proved to their fans that their offense was in mid-season form on Friday night at the Credit Union iplex.

Eleven different Broncos collected points as the Swift Current Broncos drubbed the expansion Edmonton Oil Kings 10-1 in front of 2,025 fans.

The Broncos scored five times in the final period after jumping out to period leads of 1-0 and 5-1.

Keegan Dansereau scored a hat trick, including once on a penalty shot goal, to spark the Broncos to their first franchise win over Edmonton. This past Monday the Oil Kings earned a 3-2 shootout victory over the visiting Broncos.

The Broncos also had a two goal performances from Levi Nelson and Matt Tassone, with singles added by David Stieler, Erik Felde, and rookie Cody Eakin with his first WHL goal.

Felde, Nelson, Geordie Wudrick, Michael Wilson, and Eric Doyle all chipped in with two assist efforts.

Craig McCallum scored the lone Edmonton goal.

The 10-goal outing for the Broncos marks the first time that they have hit double digits on the scoreboard in over seven years.

On Sept. 30th, 2000 the Broncos, led by a Layne Ulmer hat trick, defeated the Prince Albert Raiders 10-0 at the Centennial Civic Centre in Swift Current.

Broncos netminder Travis Yonkman stopped 20 of 21 shots to improve his season record to 5-2-0-1. Oil Kings starting goaltender Alex Archibald yielded five goals on 26 shots during the opening two periods while dropping to 4-2 on the year. Dalyn Flette started the third period in goal and gave up five goals on 11 shots.

Eakin, who also set up a goal, admitted that it was a relief to score his first goal in the Western Hockey League.

“Oh yeah, I couldn’t even put it into words, I was so happy when I got it,” said the 16-year-old forward.

Eakin admitted that he was pressing a little bit as of late.

“I thought I was; I got a few chances that I didn’t bury. I got a breakaway the game before and roofed it over the net, but I capitalized on this one.”

Overall Eakin was pleased with his team’s debut in the iplex.

“Oh great, 10-1, I mean it was the home opener and we were all pumped up to go and lines one through four all came out firing. We expect nothing less, but it was a good team performance.”

Eakin also credited the fans with his team’s scoring outburst.

“I think that the home crowd helped out a lot, they were awesome tonight. We came out firing. The game before that we lost in a shootout and it was our fourth in five nights. We were rejuvenated for this one and ready to get back at them and that is what we did.”

Dansereau, who recorded his first career hat trick in his first game as a Bronco in the iplex, said that some hard work paid off tonight.

“We just had a battle practice and worked on the one-on-ones in the corners and stuff like that and I thought that we did that tonight.”

Dansereau also recognized that it was nice see a number of teammates hit the scoresheet in the win.

“Yeah I thought that a lot of guys had some breakout games and just hopefully we can keep that going through the whole season.”

Eric Felde, who thrilled the crowd with his speed and ability to gain the offensive zone on the powerplay, was more then happy with his team’s start to the five-game home stand.

“It was an unbelievable night to get out in front of the crowd, lots of energy,” said Felde. “I thought that our team came out playing well tonight and that is what got us going was the good start.”

Felde explained the keys to the Broncos blowout victory.

“The difference between playing Edmonton the other night and tonight was a better start, team play, and just being tenacious on the puck. That is what created our opportunities.”

The win improves Swift Current’s East Division leading record to 6-2-0-1, while Edmonton remains third in the Central Division with a 4-3-0-1 record.

Saturday the Broncos will host the Red Deer Rebels in their second of five home games in 12 days.

Scout
10-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Had to miss the opener but when your not feeling well what can you do. Good job guys and keep it rolling.

Scout

Flathead
10-13-2007, 11:10 AM
What a way to welcome the fans to the IPlex. Everyone played a great game, hitting hard, skating fast, crisp passes, great puck pressure, strong goaltending(when needed), and some good scraps! RJ, really gave Skrudland a lesson on how to do the ten knuckle shuffle. Felde's skating and speed is a treat to watch. Tassone netting two goals was nice. Dansereau on his penalty shot was a thing of beauty and Keegan completeing the hat trick was nice as well. Eakin netting his first WHL goal, Nelson a three poing night, the list just goes on. I just hope we left some goals to scored for tonights game. lol.
You missed a good one Scout, hope you get feeling better.

sbtatter
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Had to miss the opener but when your not feeling well what can you do. Good job guys and keep it rolling.

Scout
Oh man, sounds like the worst time to be sick and miss a game if you're a Bronco's fan, home opener and double digit goals scored, commiserations!!