PDA

View Full Version : Switzer Blog

Scout
10-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Switzer's Blog
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Broncos Defy the Odds

Swift Current is nine games into the season and looking good. While I'm not ready to look to the iPlex rafters and wonder where all the banners will go, there is reason to be optimistic.

How about the Prairie Post's thoughts on the Broncos this year? Ryan Dahlman, who I think is a fine writer, says "The Broncos finally look to be building for the future" in regards to Cody Eakin, Brad Hoban and the young crew. "Finally look to be building for the future?!?!?!" Did Levi Nelson, Zack Smith and Dale Weise just show at training camp a couple weeks ago? We were able to trade products of our system for high end guys like Keegan Dansereau and Erik Felde buy a stroke of luck? Did we get players like that by Dean Chynoweth asking Bob Tory and Kelly Kisio nicely and saying "I'll owe you a favor"?

I hope all the WHL writers who only pay attention to their home team keep predicting a middle to bottom conference finish for the Broncos. To all the critics, keep saying they're peaking too early. Ryan Dahlman, stick with your thoughts that if Zack Smith, RJ Larochelle and Dale Weise play well the "road won't be as bumpy". Writers, keep going with the safe predictions. It makes every 10-1 win that much sweeter.

R$