32 Mitchell, Garrett RW 0 1 +1 0
C 39 Pyett, Logan D 1 0 +1 0
TEAM 0 0

Goalies GA Mins SH SVS PIM
33 Rowat, Linden - - - - -
35 Bosch, Jeff 0 60:00 19 19 0
Coach: Curtis Hunt
Manager: Brent Parker

NOTE: Players listed in Italics are the starting lineup.
Scoring
2. REG Pyett, (3) (Mitchell, Elder), 9:15
Penalties
1 - REG Hill, 1:16 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.A May, 1:43 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
1 - REG Cerveny, 11:00 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
1 - REG Ross, 11:57 - Checking from Behind , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.A Cameron, 15:02 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.A Gauthier, 17:08 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.A LeBlanc, 17:30 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - P.A Gauthier, 3:45 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
2 - REG Fraipont, 3:45 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
2 - P.A Button, 4:14 - Hooking , 2 min
2 - REG Leffler, 4:14 - Cross Checking , 2 min
2 - REG Kraus, 6:40 - Holding Opp. Stick , 2 min (PP)
2 - P.A Herrod, 12:31 - Roughing , 2 min
2 - P.A Hewson, 12:31 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
2 - REG Leffler, 12:31 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
2 - REG Pym, 12:31 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - P.A Gauthier, 7:35 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.A LeBlanc, 13:34 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)

PP PIM PTS
Prince Albert Raiders 0 / 4 26 min / 10 inf 0 G + 0 A = 0 Pts
Regina Pats 0 / 6 22 min / 8 inf 1 G + 2 A = 3 Pts

Arena Three Stars Ice Officials
Brandt Centre

Attendance: 4355
Start: 7:05 PM
End: 9:22 PM
Length: 2:17 1. REG - 32 Garrett Mitchell
2. P.A - 1 Steven Stanford
3. REG - 35 Jeff Bosch
Derek Zalaski (8), Referee
, Referee
Kelly Balaberda (69), Linesman
Mathew Lawrence (34), Linesman

I will post some thoughts tomorrow. Anyone else have thoughts about the game?

nivek_wahs
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1101

Hunt Reaches Milestone

Regina, Saskatchewan – Tonight, Regina Pats head coach Curtis Hunt has moved into 3rd all time in games coached behind the Pats bench. Hunt who is in his 4th season as the Pats head coach has coached 217 career games compiling a record of 91 wins, 103 losses, 7 ties, 10 overtime losses and 5 shootout losses.

Since taking over the Pats bench in 2004-05, Hunt has shown improvement every season, including last season when he took the Pats past the first round of playoffs for the first time since 1998. Hunt, who is no stranger to success, won a gold medal last Christmas as an assistant coach of Team Canada at the World Junior Championships. Hunt will be returning again this year for his 2nd time behind Team Canada’s bench.

The Pats next action is tomorrow night as the team travels to Moose Jaw to take on the Warriors; Game Time at the Crush Can is 7:00pm. The Pats next home game is Wednesday, October 17th when the Lethbridge Hurricanes visit the Brandt Centre, puck drop is 7:00 pm.

nivek_wahs
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1102

Game Recap – Regina Pats vs. Prince Albert Raiders (Oct 13/07)

The Pats headed into tonight’s contest, looking to build off last night’s big overtime win against the Kootenay Ice. The Pats, who sit just one point out of first going into Saturdays contest, had the scrappy Prince Albert Raiders in town.

After a scoreless 1st period, the Pats took a 1-0 lead midway through the 2nd period when Captain Logan Pyett scored his third goal of the season. After that Jeff Bosch stole the show, as he stopped all 19 shots he faced in his first win of the season. With the shutout and the win, the Pats move their record to 7-3-0-0 on the season and keep pace with the first place Swift Current Broncos who are still one point ahead of the Pats.

The Pats next action is tomorrow night as the team travels to Moose Jaw to take on the Warriors; Game Time at the Crush Can is 7:00pm. The Pats next home game is Wednesday, October 17th when the Lethbridge Hurricanes visit the Brandt Centre, puck drop is 7:00 pm.

nivek_wahs
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
From Greg Harder's Slap Shots...

Bosch shuts out P.A.
First win. First shutout.
Not a bad night for rookie goaltender Jeff Bosch, who picked up his first victory as a WHLer with a 19-save shutout on Friday, backstopping the Regina Pats to a 1-0 win over the Prince Albert Raiders before 4,355 fans at the Brandt Centre. Bosch was beaten 7-2 by the Red Deer Rebels in his only other start this season.
“It was really good (to get the win),” said the 17-year-old native of Martensville. “The guys played really well in front of me, kept most of the shots to the outside. If I gave up a rebound they were there to clear it and made my life a lot easier.”
Pats captain Logan Pyett scored the game’s lone goal at 9:15 of the second period, but just as important was his contribution on defence. The veteran blueliner helped lead a stellar defensive effort which saw Regina limit the Raiders to just a small handful or scoring opportunities.
“We wanted to keep the shots under 20, which we did,” said Pyett, whose team was coming off Friday’s 2-1 win over the Kootenay Ice. “We’ve played solid the last couple nights and haven’t given up much in the third so we’re learning. More goals will come but right now we’re doing a good job keeping it out of our net.”
Prince Albert’s Steven Sanford was clearly the busier of the two rookie goalies. He stopped 30 of 31 shots, including two third-period breakaways by Tim Kraus.
Regina finished 0-for-6 on the power play. The Raiders were 0-for-4. Regina also had to weather a late charge with Sanford on the bench in favour of a sixth attacker.
“Those are great games to win, those tight games,” noted Pats head coach Curtis Hunt. “It serves you well in the future, understanding and being confident that you can get it done. I thought we played five in the picture all night — five as a unit up, five back — and we kept them to the perimeter. When they did have flurries I thought our penalty kill was up to the challenge. Only on a couple occasions did we allow them any kind of setup or time. That was a good team game.”
EXTRAS: The Pats scratched LW Troy Ofukany (knee) and LW Jared Jagow (shoulder). D Curtis Kulchar and C Matt Strueby also got the night off . . . Pats RW Jordan Eberle saw his four-game goal-scoring streak come to an end. He’s now tied with Medicine Hat's Tyler Ennis for the league lead with nine goals. Eberle has played two fewer games . . . The Pats (7-3-0-0) moved within one point of the East Division-leading Swift Current Broncos (7-2-0-1), who beat the Red Deer Rebels 4-3 in OT on Saturday . . . Regina is slated to play its third game in three nights on Sunday in Moose Jaw against the arch-rival Warriors. Moose Jaw was won three straight after opening the season with five straight losses. The Warriors beat the Prince George Cougars 6-2 on Saturday and will also be playing their third game in three nights on Sunday. Czech rookie Tomas Karpov potted his first three goals in the WHL. Slovak rookie Martin Filo added two goals.

nivek_wahs
10-15-2007, 08:41 AM
So much for my notes... I was going to type them while listening to the Sunday night game and decided against it.

But anyway here is a LP article on Bosch's performance... http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=a5935cf5-f737-4c39-a044-4c1525b7a078

Rookie notches his first goose egg

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
Published: Monday, October 15, 2007

Rookie Jeff Bosch is savouring a rare goaltender's hat trick -- first victory, first shutout and first rebound.

The 17-year-old backup stopped all 19 shots he faced Saturday night as the Regina Pats hung on for a 1-0 win over the Prince Albert Raiders before 4,355 WHL spectators at the Brandt Centre.

Bosch's only previous start this season came in Regina's most-lopsided defeat, a 7-2 shelling on Sept. 28 versus the Red Deer Rebels.

"It has been two weeks now to think about it and forget about it completely," offered Bosch, one of the WHL's brightest young goalie prospects. "We do all sorts of mental training and that's one of the things goalies need to have, a short memory. They have to be able to forget their bad games. To me, this was my first game of the season."

Bosch's on-the-job training also included two starts as a late-season callup in 2006-07, when he stopped 60 of 65 shots in a pair of hard-luck losses.

His fortunes changed Saturday -- and he has a memento to prove it.

"I got to keep the puck," he said with a smile before heading upstairs to visit his parents, who made the trip from Martensville. "First win. First shutout. They'll be really excited."

Bosch's teammates shared in the celebration.

"He was great tonight," offered captain Logan Pyett, who scored the game's only goal on a point shot through traffic at 9:15 of the second period. "It's pretty big for him, especially after he had a pretty rough start the first game. I'm glad we got him the shutout."

Pyett & Co. did their part as well, locking down the Raiders with a stellar defensive effort.

"The guys played really well in front of me, kept most of the shots to the outside," noted Bosch. "If I gave up a rebound they were there to clear it and made my life a lot easier."

Not that Bosch didn't bail out his teammates, too. He made at least three brilliant stops, none bigger than a blast from ex-Pat Ryan McDonald in the final minute that looked to be labelled for the top corner.

"Let's give him some credit too," head coach Curtis Hunt said of his goaltender. "He made the saves when we needed them, especially late. The save on Ryan McDonald was as good as you're going to get."

The Pats have been riding the hot hand of starter Linden Rowat this season, but he needed a rest on the weekend during a stretch of three games in three nights. Hunt said Bosch had quietly hoped to get the call in Regina's previous game -- Monday's 7-3 loss in Saskatoon -- but he was forced to watch from the bench as the Blades scored five unanswered goals in the third period.

Rowat bounced back Friday with 26 saves in a 2-1 win over the Kootenay Ice. The next night, it was Bosch's turn.

"He basically came out and earned (the start) this week," said Hunt, noting that goalie consultant Ryan Cyr put in some extra work with the rookie in practice. "(Bosch) worked his tail off. What a great way to come back with the shutout. Good for him. He earned it."