PDA

View Full Version : Conference games

maple leaf
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Now that they are just as important as divisional games wouldn't it be nice if WHL.CA change the way they display the Standings. Instead of four have two. Eastern Conf. and Western Conf. would make it alot easier to follow the races between teams. My rant of the day.

Tiger Trauma
10-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

CHtoo
10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I believe the winners of each division get the top two seeds regardless of their point position in the conference??? At least in the first round. :confused:

LifelongChiefsFan
10-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I believe the winners of each division get the top two seeds regardless of their point position in the conference??? At least in the first round. :confused:

That is correct. I believe the division winners hold the top 2 seeds throughout the entire playoffs as well, though I'm not 100% sure about that. I don't mind them having the divisional standings though. Just about every league lists the standings that way and the WHL did it this way as well back before they changed the playoff format in 2004.

rinkrat
10-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Now that they are just as important as divisional games wouldn't it be nice if WHL.CA change the way they display the Standings. Instead of four have two. Eastern Conf. and Western Conf. would make it alot easier to follow the races between teams. My rant of the day.

you can configure the standings into conference standings at the whl.ca site.
Click on "standings" on the left,then use the drop down menu to select "conference".
Here's what you get.

http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings&subType=1&season_id=229&&leagueId=26&lastActive=&singleSeason=