PDA

View Full Version : It comes down to this

Sput
03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Games fri/sat nights. Back to back wins are needed to force the one game winner take "all" playoff for the last playoff spot. Nothing is impossible. May not look good, but not impossible. The last time the Cats won two in a row was Jan 7/8 when they beat Vancouver and Moose Jaw at home, and the last time they won three in a row was waaaaay back in Nov/Dec when they beat Regina at home, then Swift Current and Medicine Hat on the road. They are due. I've been saying that for a while now, but they are due to have something give. Its high time the Blazers were knocked out in the regular season. That streak must end this year.

Jovorock
03-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Has there been a public cryout for the fans to show up and fill the place Friday? A packed house might really get the boys to do their best.

The bad thing is that the Blazers only need one point.

Sput
03-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Its a tough sell right now. The Spruce Kings start their secind round playoffs with Salmon Arm on friday as well. I wonder how many 'true' hockey fans there are in this town. Will they go to the higher caliber, or just support the winner (for now)? What really sucks for me is I have to work friday and sat nights, and I'm not even sure I can get either of them off :burningma

Jovorock
03-18-2005, 10:57 AM
What really sucks for me is I have to work friday and sat nights, and I'm not even sure I can get either of them off :burningma
Brutal working tonite and Saturday night, not that I care about Brosky but I hope the Coug faithfull show up and support the boys.

Sput
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
They were talking on the radio (99.3 the Drive....are ALL the WHL broadcast stations the Drive now?) that they are "predicting" over 6000 hockey fans in PG tonight. The Cougs PBP guy is also predicting around, or over 4000 at the 'Plex tonigh. I sure hope he's right.

Jovorock
03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
See what happens, hopefully they sell out.

grumphy
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
They were talking on the radio (99.3 the Drive....are ALL the WHL broadcast stations the Drive now?) that they are "predicting" over 6000 hockey fans in PG tonight. The Cougs PBP guy is also predicting around, or over 4000 at the 'Plex tonigh. I sure hope he's right.
Thats the way the final week should be, lots of intrest, lots of fans, lots of atmospher. That's hockey @ it's best.