PDA

View Full Version : New Silvertips Webcast

IceMan
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
The Everett Silvertips have been offering free video feeds over the internet of every home game for the last 3 months.

Due to the popularity (over 2,000 people log in on average to watch each game's webcast), the system has been overloaded which has resulted in it being choppy, slow, sometimes without audio, and sometimes unavailable.

Beginning with this Friday's game against Tri-Cities, the Silvetips will be using a new system that has increased capacity, and a very noticible quality improvement. Note, that the feed is still essentially a "Jumbotron" feed, and not a TV Broadcast .... so there are times during the game when the Jumbotron is being used for announcements during game play. In these brief times, the Webcast will display the announcements and not the game, although the audio will still come through.

At game time, point your browser to http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/silvertips/demo_player/index.php to login and watch the game. This will be active throughout the playoffs.

The Silvertips wish to express their thanks to everyone that has sent in their comments, complaints, and ideas with regards to the Webcasts. They are committed to doing everything in their power to keep the service free, and of the high level of quality that the fans expect.

Beaner
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Just have to say that the Tips Management team has to be one of the most responsive Management teams in the league. They always seem to be going above and beyond with their off ice products they offer people.

IceMan
03-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Just have to say that the Tips Management team has to be one of the most responsive Management teams in the league. They always seem to be going above and beyond with their off ice products they offer people.

Yep ... we're a lucky bunch out here. And they keep on coming up with more and more ideas. I'm lucky to be included in some of the discussions from time to time, and it's wonderful to see them (and hear them) refer to and consider their fans as family and not customers.

Chipper
04-12-2005, 11:15 AM
It's a great idea I hope it works its way through the whole league. Unfortunatly It was very choppy for me changing still frames ever 5 or 10 seconds. I guess my internet speed is not fast enough although I have high speed it is only there lower version. I guess I will have to break down and go for the top speed.

Beaner
04-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I had the same problem with it last night even though I have ADSL.

I think the problem may have been that since they were the only game last night, they just got way too much traffic. Hopefully it should be a bit better tonight with a full slate of games on.