PDA

View Full Version : Blades Versus Cougars

Scout
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Blades vs. Cougars

The Saskatoon Blades are set to host the Prince George Cougars tonight at 7:05pm. This is the only game these two squads will play against each other in regular season action this season. It also marks the first time in nearly 2 years that the Prince George Cougars have played at Credit Union Centre.
The Cougars last visit to Saskatoon On February 11th, 2006 resulted in a 6-5 win over the Blades. In the lone game these two teams played against each other last season, the Cougars defeated the Blades 2-0. Tonight’s game is also the first time that Chris Durand and Stefan Elliot will face their old team. Durand was acquired from the Prince George Cougars in the off season and Stefan Elliot (who never played a game for the Cougars) was the Cougars first round bantam selection in 2006. Elliot was acquired by the Blades last season in a trade which saw the Blades send Devin Setoguchi to Prince George in exchange for Stefan Elliot and the Cougars first round bantam selection in 2008.

Families will want to take advantage of tonight's special deal where Children 12 and under will receive free admission to the game with the purchase of an adult walkup ticket! Once in the doors, kids are reminded to visit the Mac's Kids Zone for face painting and Michael's Craft Corner for sign making!

For tickets call Ticketmaster at 938-7800, visit any Ticketmaster outlet, or purchase online at www.ticketmaster.ca

hobster
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I would have too say this is a game the Blades must be looking at on there sked for a win. I just hope they pay attension too tonight and not the bus trip after the game too the states.No Teigan Zahn tonight or for the west coaste trip, and no Jesse Dudas for the Cougs so that evens out.

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 07:16 AM
I would have too say this is a game the Blades must be looking at on there sked for a win. I just hope they pay attension too tonight and not the bus trip after the game too the states.No Teigan Zahn tonight or for the west coaste trip, and no Jesse Dudas for the Cougs so that evens out.

Perhaps the BLADES were looking past the COUGARS, rather than seeing them as worthy opponents. A costly error in my opinion. Let's hope the boys in blue can shake the loss off when they climb on the bus. Good luck on the west trip BLADES.

old_time_hockey
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't say the Blades looked past the Cougars so much as the Cougars played a complete game. Just going by the shot totals and PPs both ways. Although the Blades tried to make a game of it in the 3rd holding the Cougs to only 3 shots.

But without being at the game who knows.

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I think this just further emphasizes the parity in the WHL and that on any given night, any team can win, even against huge odds. Plus, the fact that playing a "complete" 60 minute game is a must in most situations. Hopefully, the COUGARS can carry this over tonight to beat the RAIDERS. A huge CYR contingent will be in attendance.

ProStaff
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
My take on the game was this The blades came out strong, skating hard and hitting hard and the cougers were a little flat footed and were always on the chase half way through the first the shots were 8-0 for the blades and then we got into some penalty trouble and PG had some 2 man advantage and scored some power play goals huge momentom change, we got out shot in the second bad, but we are a very good third period team and showed and out shot the cougers bad in the third but your Goalie was great and couldn't score on him he was the difference! or we might have came back and one, but you need to stay out of the box and play good all three periods or you will lose and we did, but glad to see the boys didn't give up and tried to battle back!