PDA

View Full Version : Rd @ Bdn

dagley
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Should be a good game tonight, Louis returns.

duh duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Are fireworks expected? And on an unrelted note, is SMITH still warming the pine?

sbtatter
10-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Are fireworks expected? And on an unrelted note, is SMITH still warming the pine?
No fireworks expected. Smith was sat the last game again, in favour of rookie 17 year old Grille-Donovan

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
No fireworks expected. Smith was sat the last game again, in favour of rookie 17 year old Grille-Donovan

Thank-you! Looks like his days are numbered. Too bad.

dagley
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Matt Smith can't play a regular shift in this league anyways.

sbtatter
10-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Shots 47 to 17 for the Wheaties over an obviously road weary Rebel team. Nice to see Louis get a goal. Even nicer to see Schenn get his first goal and 2 helpers, calvert with 2 and Glennie went 1g and 1a, nice job rookies! I was mildly disappointed to see King and Brandis out. Melnychuk and grille-Donovan impressed as a pairing again. Poor Nathan Green, beautiful move, beat the goalie but the shot hit the inside of the post and trickled all the way across to the other side of the net on the line, how did that stay out?
The Rebels weren't even playing tough, they must be tired.

dagley
10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
We'll probably see Brandon the same way next week on their annual west coast trip. 5 games in 6 nights is a lot to handle. Hopefully Hayes is ready to go, cause hes probably gonna play 2 down in the states. The road trip will determine how good this team really is.

I was extremely happy to see Schenn put puck in net, should help his confidence.

Bully73
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
The rookie forwards were awesome again, but I was just as impressed with Melnychuk. His aggressive play in the neutral zone was awesome tonight as he often intercepted passes or poked the puck off guys sticks as they tried to enter our zone. He is showing unbelievable poise for a 16 year old defenseman (similar to Robak last year, but is getting much more ice time to strut his stuff than Robak got last year).

Brandonite
10-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Hats off to Mark Louis for getting a goal. Great to see and even better when the crowd gave him a nice ovation when they announced the goal. I really hope he does well and it looks as though he is going to log lots of ice time. It looked as though he was always on the ice whether it was PP or PK or what ever. Great for Mark and hopefully he finishes his Junior career in style in Red Deer!

sbtatter
10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
The rookie forwards were awesome again, but I was just as impressed with Melnychuk. His aggressive play in the neutral zone was awesome tonight as he often intercepted passes or poked the puck off guys sticks as they tried to enter our zone. He is showing unbelievable poise for a 16 year old defenseman (similar to Robak last year, but is getting much more ice time to strut his stuff than Robak got last year). I agree with you. Melnychuk has a slightly awkward skating style, but he seems to be in the right place at the right time. He manages to make a good play/pass in his own zone, he's comfortable with the puck on his stick, doesn't handle the puck like it's a hand grenade! He has a lot of similarities to Wade Redden when he was here, also reminds me of Karl Alzner. Grille-Donovan looks alright to me as well. Not sure what to make of hale yet, he seems a bit sluggish, doesn't hit, which is surprising given his size. I tend to think of Green as a rookie given his limited ice time last season, and I think he is the most improved player on the team, I'm hoping for 40 points from him this season!

Rebel66
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Hats off to Mark Louis for getting a goal. Great to see and even better when the crowd gave him a nice ovation when they announced the goal. I really hope he does well and it looks as though he is going to log lots of ice time. It looked as though he was always on the ice whether it was PP or PK or what ever. Great for Mark and hopefully he finishes his Junior career in style in Red Deer!

Classy post. Great to see. It's always nice when knowledgeable fans recognize the value that a player brought to their team, even when that player is on the other team now. Mark Louis seemed to be highly regarded in Brandon.