PDA

View Full Version : COUGARS Tonight!

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Well RAIDER fans, watch out for the COUGARS tonight, they're on a hot streak. Yes, you read that right, a real bonafide HOT STREAK! haha Expect your barn to be invaded by hundreds of REAL CYR supporters. Let's hope for a clean, hard hitting game tonight. Good luck to the COUGARS and RAIDERS! Isn't WHL hockey great. applause

whlhockeyfan13
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
The Raiders could sure use a win! clrkthj

WestLEAFfan
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
The Raiders could sure use a win! clrkthj

And so could the COUGARS!!

westbeach55
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Well RAIDER fans, watch out for the COUGARS tonight, they're on a hot streak. Yes, you read that right, a real bonafide HOT STREAK! haha Expect your barn to be invaded by hundreds of REAL CYR supporters. Let's hope for a clean, hard hitting game tonight. Good luck to the COUGARS and RAIDERS! Isn't WHL hockey great. applause

I went to the Blades vs Cougars game last night in stoon. I was in stoon seeing the doctor to fix my fractured cheek bone. I mean i couldn't cheer for the blades being a raiders fan but i sat right in front of Cyrs Mom and a whole bunch of cougars fans and told them i was a raiders fan but tonight i was going for the cougars they had a good laugh and all around it was a fun game to watch.

Triton
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
WestLeaffan, you going to the game? If so I'll be the guy in section 15 with the Mintos toque on.

Sabes
10-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Gauthier had one of the nicest hits at the AHC in a long time and Fuller came in and tackled Gauthier, I would have gave it 2 for roughing to both. Not even a punch thrown. As for a recap, Jeff May was pretty much responsible for all 3 goals.

bladesfan25
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
the last goal, was very bad on his part.o hwell

whlhockeyfan13
10-17-2007, 11:18 PM
OK obviously what the Raiders coaching staff is doing isn't working. They need to shake things up a bit and make some changes. This team is going downhill fast and something needs to give.

Zookeeper
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
OK obviously what the Raiders coaching staff is doing isn't working. They need to shake things up a bit and make some changes. This team is going downhill fast and something needs to give.

May needs to go, he was terrible tonight. Lets trade him for someone who is willing to play the whole game and help the team instead of hurt them. May did nothing last year, so I think he will continue with doing nothing this year and so far he is proving me right.

hobster
10-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow i always thought the Raiders should have kept Flatters over May they like May for his offence wich is good, but Flatters had a way better defensive game, defence isn't even the problem right now thats the funny thing, Ryan Depape has 4 points in 13 games thats just not gonna cut it.

Zookeeper
10-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow i always thought the Raiders should have kept Flatters over May they like May for his offence wich is good, but Flatters had a way better defensive game, defence isn't even the problem right now thats the funny thing, Ryan Depape has 4 points in 13 games thats just not gonna cut it.

All Depape and Macdonald did tonight was floated around. They both need to step it up if we are going to see some wins. Not sure what the coaching staff can do but something better be done soon. As it is no one is going to the games. Just over 2000 tonight, but I think Vance was in charge of adding up the attendance tonight, the placve was empty.
On a side note, the supper before the game was garbage. I wouldn't even spend $2 for that junk. My ribs were all fat. Diggers is continually bring in garbage for these meals.

WestLEAFfan
10-18-2007, 07:26 AM
I went to the Blades vs Cougars game last night in stoon. I was in stoon seeing the doctor to fix my fractured cheek bone. I mean i couldn't cheer for the blades being a raiders fan but i sat right in front of Cyrs Mom and a whole bunch of cougars fans and told them i was a raiders fan but tonight i was going for the cougars they had a good laugh and all around it was a fun game to watch.

Westbeach55, what did you think of CYR's fan section last night. The RAIDER organization did a fine job of accommodating us all. Thanks for that. A real classy act. CYR's Mom was in fine form again last night. She's a riot and a real proud Mother. And an excellent person to boot. REAL certainly was worth the price of admission last night.

WestLEAFfan
10-18-2007, 07:33 AM
WestLeaffan, you going to the game? If so I'll be the guy in section 15 with the Mintos toque on.

Yes I did! However, I left right after work yesterday(school in Debden) and didn't read your post till this AM. My wife and I enjoyed supper at Taco Time, shopping at PetLand, Peavy Mart, and Canadian Tire! It would have been fun to meet you and put a face to a name. Interestly though, I did meet a fellow whlfans member last night. "reanp" was sitting just one row down from me. We were sitting in section 19, row C, seats 7 and 8. You couldn't miss section 19 last night, we were the rowdy ones! Maybe next time Triton. :)

Triton
10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
All Depape and Macdonald did tonight was floated around. They both need to step it up if we are going to see some wins. Not sure what the coaching staff can do but something better be done soon. As it is no one is going to the games. Just over 2000 tonight, but I think Vance was in charge of adding up the attendance tonight, the placve was empty.
On a side note, the supper before the game was garbage. I wouldn't even spend $2 for that junk. My ribs were all fat. Diggers is continually bring in garbage for these meals.

Had not the crew from Debden, Victoire and Aberdeen not been there, the building would have been a library. As for the supper thing, the last game against the Rebels I had the same problem..I wasn't pleased with it and basically wasted $9 on bloody roast beef. It's hard to want to support something so lousy.

hobster
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Ya have too say im a little suprised on the poor attendence Raider fans seem too only get rowdy when it gets closer too playoff time. As for the food iv been too Diggers before had there wings there and the things were so damn small and groose, might as well just go with the dirty old rink burger atleast you know what your getting haha.

whlhockeyfan13
10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
They need to give the rookies more of a chance to see what they can do.

westbeach55
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Westbeach55, what did you think of CYR's fan section last night. The RAIDER organization did a fine job of accommodating us all. Thanks for that. A real classy act. CYR's Mom was in fine form again last night. She's a riot and a real proud Mother. And an excellent person to boot. REAL certainly was worth the price of admission last night.

yeah got to love the cyrs and there supporters, really nice people to talk too. We were going to hit a movie in stoon but as we were going to costco I asked the fiance if she wanted to check out the game we got our tickets and right behind me was Cyrs mom and a whole group I told them Im a cougars fan for a night haha cause i was from pa.

hobster
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey getting only 2,000 for a raider games isn't too bad for the size of prince albert how about saskatoon only getting 4,000 a game with having 200,000 people there so don't feel so bad

whlhockeyfan13
10-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Maybe he was our good luck charm!

whlhockeyfan13
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Maybe some of our forwards can score, they just don't get much ice time.

whlhockeyfan13
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Maybe we should give them a chance. Dubrowski played well last game.

Zookeeper
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
maybe... Im sure that if Clark knew his team would be loosing this much he would have just kepth the 2 kids and rotated them. And I dont think Butler has been playing badly either I just think they needed a scoring forward more then a goalie with the last 20 year old spot

The last 3 games, they only scored a total of 2 goals. Most nights, 2 goals would not even be enough for a win in 1 game alone. We need some changes and soon. I agree, if the vets are not preforming, than play the rookies, it would not hurt cause we are losing every game already.

Dwight Schrute
10-19-2007, 06:14 PM
i think what they are really issing is a dane byers type player. especially how he played in his last season here. a real power forward who can score and will pay the price in front of the net. someone who can bang in a garbage goal or 2. depape is the closest guy we have and he has been struggling.

Dwight Schrute
10-19-2007, 06:49 PM
no we are missing a guy who flys down the ice making room for his team a kalus type or maybe what went to swift current while clark was missing the boat
i agree a kalus type (or dansereau) would be good. but who will go to the net and stay there ? as well as throwing big hits everygame ?

hobster
10-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought pa's weak spot would be defence, but it apears too be the offence as i watch this team it looks like they have the worst offence i have seen in years.

Dwight Schrute
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
i dont like how the pp is set up lately but i also think there is a lot of offensive potential but nobody seems to be able to finish

westbeach55
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I thought pa's weak spot would be defence, but it apears too be the offence as i watch this team it looks like they have the worst offence i have seen in years.

I could you have though the defence was going to be the weak spot that was known before the season the defence was going to be alright, goaltending was questionable and we knew we wouldn't have much offence

Dwight Schrute
10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
ouch
hope your face is feeling better buddy

westbeach55
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
ouch
hope your face is feeling better buddy

yeah its alot better now since i had surgery to put my cheek bone back into place it was 5mm in to my face pushing into my orbital bone (got sucker punched at work)

WestLEAFfan
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
yeah its alot better now since i had surgery to put my cheek bone back into place it was 5mm in to my face pushing into my orbital bone (got sucker punched at work)

Where in the world do you work? Sounds like a career change may be in order! :thumb: I hope you are feeling better. :)

Five Hole
10-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Where in the world do you work? Sounds like a career change may be in order! :thumb: I hope you are feeling better. :)

Jeez, no kidding! Boogaard'd
Fellow employee?
Boss?
Customer? (Hey, I know some people can get upset when you ask if they want fries with that, but that's a bit of an over reaction! :laugh: )