PDA

View Full Version : Goaltending...

Nielson11
10-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Just gonna throw this out there.....

Metsola - GAA of 2.99 save percentage of .874

Maniago - GAA of 3.10 save percentage of .874

The once abandoned Justin Leclerc....

goals against of 2.24, save % of .909....

What a move.....Leclerc should have been treated like the number one goalie he is and he would have never wanted to leave.

Gave up on a good thing and it's costing them

loudi94
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
From what I've seen at least, the goalies aren't giving up the softies like Leclerc was used to doing.

Caner
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Correct Nielsen. That and many many more poor decisions. This is why the Canes can't move forward as a franchise. They are not capable of making the right moves (both on the ice and off). What about keeping Yash and dumping someone else instead, I don't want to name names.

localguy
10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
how many wins does leclerc have? That's right a measly 2.

localguy
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
And in 3 games Wuchteral has 2 goals. Seems to be doing fine.

shushu
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
doesn't really matter, its the team that need a overhaul, you cant put the blame on the goalies.........for some reason things dont seem to be working....i wonder how long this is going to go on for before something changes for the better.....here's a stat, brandon on fri, moosejaw on sat. and calgary next week.....if thing dont change fast its last year all over again.....

Bocephus
10-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Mayday, Mayday.

Nielson11
10-17-2007, 10:46 PM
how many wins does leclerc have? That's right a measly 2.

Last time I checked goaltenders don't score goals...not leclercs fault the Blazers are offensively challenged right now....if he was with the Canes allowing 2 goals a game they would be winning.

Bottom line is Leclerc > Maniago

shushu
10-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Last time I checked goaltenders don't score goals...not leclercs fault the Blazers are offensively challenged right now....if he was with the Canes allowing 2 goals a game they would be winning.

Bottom line is Leclerc > Maniago
would he be 2.24....909 .... thats the problem with loosing everyone start pointing finger at anything,,,,,,,,,,,

canes77
10-17-2007, 11:23 PM
If the Canes had better team defense, maybe the goalie stats might be better. Although I would have preferred to keep Leclerc over Maniago, Maniago had slightly better numbers than Leclerc last season.

2006-2007
Maniago: 3.53 GAA, .877 Sv%, 17W-16L
Leclerc: 3.62 GAA, .872 Sv%, 15W-20L

Maniago seemed to consistently average 3-4 goals against in every game, whereas Leclerc was more erratic...would play great and steal a game for us (get a shutout or let in 1 goal), then let in 5-6 goals the next game.

Nielson11
10-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Canes77 maid a couple of good points about the inconsistency of Leclerc last season....brilliant then horrible...while Maniago was also just ok.

Nielson11
10-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Beyond the numbers I would like to hear from you guys about how Metsola is playing.....the Canes continued to point out over the summer how he IS(?) ranked 4th by Central Scouting.

That should be he was ranked 4th by Central Scouting and went undrafted.

However i was pumped when they picked him up and was kind of hoping he could become the go to guy ala Kiprusoff?

Are you guys happy with his play?

localguy
10-18-2007, 07:24 AM
The stats are deceiving, both goalies hav played well, (except the manny in med hat, 2 softies). Most of the goals against have been while shorthanded, or just really nie goals. Juha has the ability to make the big save, but his size is the draw back, he just can;t make himself big enogouh sometimes. That said, he is great posisitonally, and his glove hand is uneal, i see him as a bettter choice for starte than Manny. Let's not forget guys, last year when the losing skid was huge, what goalie was broght in to rescue huston and leclerc? Manny won a few game by himself last year, and got us back in teh win column, it was just too late. Niehter of our goalies have shown the ability to win a game single handedly, where Leclerc could occasionally do that. Manny will make ridiculous saves, then let in one softy, that hasn;t been as bad this year, but we need see that big save that should have never been made. Right now we are back to showing signs of a team witout confidence though, our special teams are awful. The rookie line has been hteir best line lately, and got rewarded witha goal last night. Some one said in another thread that the good player make tose around them better, and if htat is the case we do not have good players, ours look selfish out there imo.

T-Bird
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Something is terribly wrong with this team, and it needs to be addressed ASAP! Its hard to watch and very predictible.. to many unnessesary penalties, and the top line??? they play every second shift and every power play and cannot score - maybe time to change things up?? otherwise its going to be a very very long season...

Caner
10-18-2007, 11:30 AM
There is something wrong, you are correct. I think they are not being taught how to win and how to stay positive. Obtuse coaching is a start?? Terrible bench management is another. I mean tough to stay positive when staff are being negative, even after the team wins. Is the team even aloud to socialize within the city of Lethbridge?

shushu
10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
There is something wrong, you are correct. I think they are not being taught how to win and how to stay positive. Obtuse coaching is a start?? Terrible bench management is another. I mean tough to stay positive when staff are being negative, even after the team wins. Is the team even aloud to socialize within the city of Lethbridge?
hurricane report.......... first there is dick telling everyone things are great .during the show roy phones up and says everything is great followed by dyck phoning saying '' we just need a few adjustment" .everythings great..
lethbridge hurricane site......when they win it up on the site before the game is over . when they loose you have a hard time finding anything about the game....long winded yes(sorry) but after all of that do you not think these kids are told to put a big smile on their face.........ps... talking to the whl message board , they say the same.... email or call the canes office and tell them this is not acceptable, it may do nothing but to sit around and complain is doing even less... thats the problem with this town a lack of b@lls is allowing them to do anything they want .................................

witness
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I used to follow the Canes closely because I knew a player quite well. It would appear that over the years if it is not one thing, it is another. And it is not like there have not been quality players coming out of that program. I hear your frustration and think that it is warranted.
Last nights game would be frustrating to watch from the Canes point of veiw. I didn't think the Pats played well and at times looked like they were just toying with Lethbridge. They scored just enough goals to win the game. Which in the end, I guess is the objective.
I would have to say that the Canes have been the worst prepared team that I have seen this year. I think the coaching and scouting staff really let the boys down.

T-Bird
10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
So then, WHAT TO DO? How long will this go on .... Dyck says "things will come around" WHEN I ASK!!! The team has no direction, I am sure the boys are getting frustrated, and they are the ones that suffer from LACK OF DIRECTION, LEADERSHIP AND COACHING!!! I dont understand how the Board or the Management does NOT SEE WHAT IS GOING ON!! What are they waiting for...... more losses!!!!!