PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Schedule

Swando
10-20-2007, 03:16 AM
I wonder what other teams think about their schedules? Uneven or not?

sbtatter
10-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Very uneven. Brandon have had a very soft schedule, only played 2 winning teams (Pats, Hitmen) and mostly weekend games. Jan and Feb looks pretty busy for this team.

Priceisright
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Speaking of schedules and days in which the teams play. It really seems to me that the Giants get great schedules. Mostly playing weekends from what I can recall. Gives them a chance to rest injuries during the week and/or work on things in practice.

I haven't looked at other teams schedules but do they all play on weekends the majority of time?

dondo
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
if you look again though we have several of those three games in three nights groupings (often with a road game on either end of the weekend), which may be good for the fans, but I don't think its great for the players. Good thing they are young and resilient.

Considering they don't have a broadcaster set-up for mid-week games and lame broadcaster with no broadcast radius set-up for Fridays, it makes sense that the Giants games have been packed into the whole weekend.

Section_Z
10-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I haven't looked at other teams schedules but do they all play on weekends the majority of time?
Make sense for attendance and for the kids still in school...and considering that Mon/Thurs are basically days off, statistically it makes sense that there are more weekend games: 3 nights to 2.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
By 'uneven schedules' are you referring to the number of times we players other teams? Yeah, I have a problem with that this year. 10 games against Chilliwack? 10 more against Kelowna? Too much. One of every 3.5 games, the Giants are playing one or the other. Too much. Playing other teams too damn often kills the chance of a rivalry because you're sick and tired having to play them all the time. Hope the league straightens that out at some point.