View Full Version : Clark Fired

westbeach55
10-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Who thinks Clark should be fired?

Triton
10-20-2007, 01:00 PM
might as well have asked if the sky was blue

Today it isn't. :laugh:

Clark is only 1 of the many problems with the organization.

zinger
10-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Who thinks Clark should be fired?

Hey, you had my hopes up when I saw that thread titled "Clark Fired".

westbeach55
10-20-2007, 01:51 PM
what are some of the other problems?

Bully73
10-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey, you had my hopes up when I saw that thread titled "Clark Fired".
I thought the same thing. You should probably change the thread title.

I was one of the one's voting 'no'. As a WK fan, I don't mind seeing divisional mismanagement.

Five Hole
10-20-2007, 03:49 PM
A fish rots from the head down.
Clark is definitely the first guy who has to answer (with his job) for the pi$$ poor showing this team is showing this year. I think there is a serious lack of talent in a few areas, a definite lack of leadership on and off the ice, and I'd say a lack of effort, too, a lot of nights.
Whatever so called 'plan' Clark and Bruno supposedly have for turning this team around and motivating these players sure isn't working for this team.
The second guy who's gotta answer (with his job) if things don't turn around soon is Campese. Although, maybe even he'd get better results if he didn't have to work with Clark...hard to say.

Triton
10-20-2007, 04:23 PM
what are some of the other problems?

I would like to be able to say without getting torn into but we can't guarantee that so I'll keep quiet.

Triton
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Not necessarily a problem on the ice, but some of the issues off the ice that I think is apparent is the board of directors. No new fresh ideas, just the same with all paumpus asses and I hate all this once a raider always a raider and thats fine, but currently it isn't working. Marketing seems like the same stuff. All they added was this dumb progressive powerplay and a gun that shoots t-shirts...thats the best ideas they've come up with? See in Brandon, they have a cool promotion with Smitty's where if any home game the W'kings score 6 or more, everyone gets free breakfast, instead we have the big mac minute and it isn't even a free big mac, you have to buy something to get the mac. We could adopt some ideas like that(I know the raiders are having trouble scoring 2 goals let alone 6). I know the addage that can I do better, well maybe not but maybe a fresh face on the BOD, marketing, GM would spruce some life into this organization. The only guy who should stay is Jack Sander. Even Rob Lindsay should go(hate that guy).

When a hockey game and a organization is too predictable, it's no fun going to the games cause you already know what to expect. Ticket prices are rediculous for a losing team and how do you have "prime" seating in a 2,300 seating arena? I remember when they used to have fan buses going all over, now they hardly have one heading to s'toon. We don't have a booster club or the friends of the raiders anymore. I still go to the games to support but it's becoming harder and harder. A good example of corporateship quitting on this team is Lakeland ford who didn't purchase their box, cause the guys that used the box from the shop have become involved with the Mintos and aren't interested in what the Raiders are currently offering. It's a different crowd now, the older crowd dwell on the teams history and feel they need to be loyal while the younger crowd is carrying the motive, "what have you done for me lately".

Thats my rant. You'll all hang me over it, but oh well.

Knuckle Chucker
10-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Not necessarily a problem on the ice, but some of the issues off the ice that I think is apparent is the board of directors. No new fresh ideas, just the same with all paumpus asses and I hate all this once a raider always a raider and thats fine, but currently it isn't working. Marketing seems like the same stuff. All they added was this dumb progressive powerplay and a gun that shoots t-shirts...thats the best ideas they've come up with? See in Brandon, they have a cool promotion with Smitty's where if any home game the W'kings score 6 or more, everyone gets free breakfast, instead we have the big mac minute and it isn't even a free big mac, you have to buy something to get the mac. We could adopt some ideas like that(I know the raiders are having trouble scoring 2 goals let alone 6). I know the addage that can I do better, well maybe not but maybe a fresh face on the BOD, marketing, GM would spruce some life into this organization. The only guy who should stay is Jack Sander. Even Rob Lindsay should go(hate that guy).

When a hockey game and a organization is too predictable, it's no fun going to the games cause you already know what to expect. Ticket prices are rediculous for a losing team and how do you have "prime" seating in a 2,300 seating arena? I remember when they used to have fan buses going all over, now they hardly have one heading to s'toon. We don't have a booster club or the friends of the raiders anymore. I still go to the games to support but it's becoming harder and harder.

Thats my rant. You'll all hang me over it, but oh well.

Great post (minus the insults) applause

Wildeyes
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
This is Clarkes last yr on his contract I am sure that the BOG wont renew his contract maybe it is cheaper to let him finish the yr that it is to fire him and get a new GM cause with the raiders community owned we really dont have enough money to go around.

Dwight Schrute
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
i got excited when i saw the title too. good post triton. when i make the trip back to pa or take a shift off work so i can watch a game it just doesnt seem worthwhile anymore.

Knuckle Chucker
10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
This is Clarkes last yr on his contract I am sure that the BOG wont renew his contract maybe it is cheaper to let him finish the yr that it is to fire him and get a new GM cause with the raiders community owned we really dont have enough money to go around.

The question is if he knows he is going to be let go is he going to run the team into the ground before that. I hope I am wrong but if the Gauthier/Vann/Palazzo situations are an example, he has and will continue to do it.

bladesfan25
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
i think that so many of you are extremely hard on these KIDS!!!!!!! that is what they are. They are learning and developing, and sometimes it just needs time. Give it time, it will progress, and things will change. You can't just expect to have a winning team without effort put into the end result! Chill out, relax and enjoy watching these young guys try to become better. Thats all you can ask.

Wildeyes
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
That is the most educated thing a blades fan has ever said. And i am being serious he is right they are kids. They will make bad decisions that is a given but they will learn from them and hopefully get better.

eye4aneye
10-28-2007, 04:45 PM
The question is if he knows he is going to be let go is he going to run the team into the ground before that. I hope I am wrong but if the Gauthier/Vann/Palazzo situations are an example, he has and will continue to do it.

vann left on his own...he got another year of school paid for by the league... Too bad he doesn't think he has the talent to tough it out. he is playing in the Mjhl, (maybe his mommy missed him or god forbid a girlfriend.) With a little time he might have played in the minors. I guess if you don't want to be here then there is the door. Palazzo..anholdted....and Gauthier...has talent and is tough, but if he isn't behaving the way a leader has to behave according to the new bench boss...I hear the skiing is great in Kamloops

TheSnowman
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
I still can't believe he wasn't dumped over the summer with Anholt. He's done an OK job on the business end but that only lasts so long when the team performs the way it has the last six years. No way you can tell me a GM/coach duo can work together as long as they did with the results they had and not split the blame.

Either way he's gotta be on a short leash.