PDA

View Full Version : canes report....................

shushu
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
listening to the canes report tonight , had a good laugh at mr kenneys comment on lethbridge, "a very negative city" . maybe wonderboy should look back on the 10 years of disaster this club has shown its fans and he can tell us where the positive are year after year before shooting his mouth off...........................

localguy
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
That guy is the master of negativity. didn't hear that broadcast, but he rarely puts a posistive spin on anything. imo

Bocephus
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Well since | wasn't able to listen tonight then I guess I will check it out on the 94.1 website. Oh wait, the 94.1 website has no link to a rebroadcast or even a mention of the Canes talk, time or hosts or nothing. Not to be NEGATIVE but is it too much to ask as a fan for the broadcasters to have a website that promotes the Canes coverage. This is 2007 and the world wide web is not a fad. Get your act together you bunch of jackasses!!! AFF(Average Frustrated Fan)

loudi94
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Well since | wasn't able to listen tonight then I guess I will check it out on the 94.1 website. Oh wait, the 94.1 website has no link to a rebroadcast or even a mention of the Canes talk, time or hosts or nothing. Not to be NEGATIVE but is it too much to ask as a fan for the broadcasters to have a website that promotes the Canes coverage. This is 2007 and the world wide web is not a fad. Get your act together you bunch of jackasses!!! AFF(Average Frustrated Fan)

You're so negative ;)

Here's a positive quote. I'm positive if the BOG would have allowed the sale of the team to knowledgeable hockey people *cough* Ron and Rich *cough*, they'd have a good team EVERY YEAR!!

shushu
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
they said on the canes report that the sports writers and" i'm thinking "members of the hurricanes management do read the message boards to see how the fans were reacting to the teams play and overall success............ hopefully they read my thoughts on whl message board where i can use all those four letter word to describe how i really feel....ps the thing i find most funny is, about 4 or 5 threads back we were *****ing about something and a couple of days latter it came to fruition. right after that grainbear said "hey guy they must have been listening" .lol. so carefull what you say.............GO CANES GO ...THE BEST TEAM IN THE DUB :wave:

localguy
10-23-2007, 08:39 AM
The Sutters still want to buy the team, I was talking to Shawn during pre-season, and he mentioned that his uncle would take over in a heartbeat if the opputunity arose. Of course we wouldn;t want to follow the succes plan of the other "Sutter" owned model, that would be terrible. Just how many publicly owned teams are succeeding right now, there aren;t even that many left, one that i know of is PA, that's all there is to say there. The one consistent in all the years of our team is the Board. Different guys same attitude. Time to sell out, and let one indidividual take charge. Our current president is trying to have us all drink the same Kool Aid, he too said that Farms wanted out, which is not the case, but oh well at least all of our management is one the same page, they just appear to be reading right to left instead of left to right.

Caner
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, we have won two in a row! - go canes go.
And from a good source that said Farms was shocked that he was being cut loose. I still say there is way more to this story. He must of said something to the wrong person. It would of been nice if both Farms and Wuchs were both in the line up, and I love having Wiens, he is really needed - makes everyone play bigger and we needed this badly.

Bocephus
10-23-2007, 12:06 PM
We never get to hear the full story, ever. Public team should mean full disclosure. Besides, who doesn't like a little gossip. As a Canes fan that is often all we have to be intrigued about.

canes77
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
they said on the canes report that the sports writers and" i'm thinking "members of the hurricanes management do read the message boards to see how the fans were reacting to the teams play and overall success............ hopefully they read my thoughts on whl message board where i can use all those four letter word to describe how i really feel....ps the thing i find most funny is, about 4 or 5 threads back we were *****ing about something and a couple of days latter it came to fruition. right after that grainbear said "hey guy they must have been listening" .lol. so carefull what you say.............GO CANES GO ...THE BEST TEAM IN THE DUB :wave:

I guess if team mgmt reads this site....then all of us regular posters are the Assistant GM's :D

SectionNDeserter
10-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Of course we wouldn;t want to follow the succes plan of the other "Sutter" owned model, that would be terrible.The one that won a Memorial cup and a couple of league championships in the 8 years he ran the team, or the one that finished ahead of Lethbridge in 6 of the 8 seasons he ran the team? Oh wait... those are both the same team.... Yes, that would be terrible....

grainbear
10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Nice word if you know what it means. I don,t think that describes our fans maybe impatient or tired would be more approptiate. This is a town who steady core are there whether the Canes win or lose . Yes , we complain when we don,t see the effort but for the most part it is there this year. The key concept is learning what it takes to win when the effort is there. I keep hammering that this is about mental training to handle fatigue and keep going. Yes, it is slowly coming and we know need to begin bringing those lessons to the top teams in the league .We are playing very well on the road but we need the same 60 minutes at home . Perhaps lady luck will begin to play more consistently on our shots rather then the oppositons. Lets beat Calgary , and Red Deer twice coming up .

Bocephus
10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I am with you on that one grainbear. Let's put a winning streak together. Go Canes.

localguy
10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
The one that won a Memorial cup and a couple of league championships in the 8 years he ran the team, or the one that finished ahead of Lethbridge in 6 of the 8 seasons he ran the team? Oh wait... those are both the same team.... Yes, that would be terrible....

Exactly my point, apparently my sarcasm was over-looked.

SectionNDeserter
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Hmmm, try using lots of periods, like I did :D

shushu
10-24-2007, 02:57 PM
The one that won a Memorial cup and a couple of league championships in the 8 years he ran the team, or the one that finished ahead of Lethbridge in 6 of the 8 seasons he ran the team? Oh wait... those are both the same team.... Yes, that would be terrible....
before giving you opinion , why dont you read all of the posts so you can get a grip on the conversation ...... localguy was saying how talented mr sutter was, and being a smartass by saying we wouldn;t want that kind of leadership( wink, wink) in lethbridge from brents two brother......................

SectionNDeserter
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
It is far easier to just open up random posts, and use my browser's search feature and look for "Sutter" (wink wink). I did read all the posts, and there is no mention of any Sutters besides Rich, Ron and Shawn prior to that, and like he already mentioned, I did overlook his sarcasm.