PDA

View Full Version : Kings Adjust Their Roster

MidgetAAA
10-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Oil Kings' General Manager Bob Green announced today that 20 year old defenceman Michael Hengen has left the team for personal reasons. The overage defenceman played 9 games with Edmonton this season recording 1 goal and 4 assists. He also added 10 penalty minutes and had a plus minus rating of -1.

The Surrey, BC native spent parts of 5 WHL seasons with Swift Current, Saskatoon, Calgary and Moose Jaw

whlfanatic
10-23-2007, 08:30 AM
And I heard Petkau is considering retirement from the Giants...maybe the Oil Kings can pick him up??

Brandonite
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
And I heard Petkau is considering retirement from the Giants...maybe the Oil Kings can pick him up??

Petkau was playing with the Chilliwack Bruins and left them because he was going to retire. 1 week later his name came up as a possibility to join the Vancouver Giants but apparently he was looking to pursue a pro contract offer in the Central Hockey League. Who knows, he wasnt that big a star in Junior thats for sure...he will be regreting it big time! Central Hockey league is brutal and he should just finish his Junior Career rather than dinking around in a bush pro league....

hobster
10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Petkau was playing with the Chilliwack Bruins and left them because he was going to retire. 1 week later his name came up as a possibility to join the Vancouver Giants but apparently he was looking to pursue a pro contract offer in the Central Hockey League. Who knows, he wasnt that big a star in Junior thats for sure...he will be regreting it big time! Central Hockey league is brutal and he should just finish his Junior Career rather than dinking around in a bush pro league....
Who cares might as well let him go play down there have some fun and drink. He will have no more responsabilities and cerfew and he will get too play in the states, if he new he was going no where after the whl might as well get a head start now and go have some fun i say .

Brandonite
10-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Who cares might as well let him go play down there have some fun and drink. He will have no more responsabilities and cerfew and he will get too play in the states, if he new he was going no where after the whl might as well get a head start now and go have some fun i say .

I totally 100% disagree....why waste your time with a joke league like the Central League! You ask alot of former WHL players that went and played semi-pro after they were done Junior and they will say they should have used their Univeristy education from the WHL. Players realize after they get there that making $500 every 2 weeks isnt the way to go after all. These guys need to quit living the dream and do the right thing and get something out of the deal before its too late. Sure he can go drink and have fun but that only lasts for a year and then what...? Bad choice in my call