PDA

View Full Version : Need for new head scout in time for 1st overall pick next year

Trey Anastasio
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Our 1st round picks have been terrible since Wilson left, with players like Gauthier, Palazzo, DePape, Trach and Penner. Decent hockey players don't get me wrong, but nothing special. It's embarassing to even list those as 1st round picks.

To make matters worse, look at the unreal draft year they had with Keith in charge when they drafted Hartnell, Cote, and Nick Schultz with the first 3 picks. All 3 are now in the NHL, something that can't be said about any bantam pick under the new regime. Toss in picks like Chipchura, Colliton from other years and it just shows you why the team is struggling.

Triton
10-23-2007, 03:46 PM
If we could have only signed Tyler Fiddler..you ever see how much that kid works?

whlhockeyfan13
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
We seem to have better luck with our later round draft picks than our earlier rounds!

Knuckle Chucker
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
If we could have only signed Tyler Fiddler..you ever see how much that kid works?

It is a total joke that a kid as talented as Tyler Fiddler gets signed right under Clark's nose. Another example of how he is running this team into the ground.

Triton
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
i agree how can we just let fiddler get listed somewhere else, the only way that should happen is if Tyler doesnt want to play in his hometown.... but I dont think that was the case

Honestly adn this is not because I'm the biggest Minto fan around but Fiddler is the hardest working player I've ever seen. 2nd would be Jon Kress, 3rd would be tootoo regardless of is controversal hits.

Knuckle Chucker
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Honestly adn this is not because I'm the biggest Minto fan around but Fiddler is the hardest working player I've ever seen. 2nd would be Jon Kress, 3rd would be tootoo regardless of is controversal hits.

Not only is he hardworking but is has a ton of character and is a great student and is a supernice kid.

Dwight Schrute
10-24-2007, 03:25 AM
well to be fair gauthier, depape and palazzo were all drafted under differant rules (gauthier adapted fairly well and quickly, while depape took longer and palazzo .....) it is pretty bad when our surefire picks arent quite the case

eye4aneye
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
We seem to have better luck with our later round draft picks than our earlier rounds!

Isn't that a good sign that all rounds are showing up? Sometimes those first rounders can be a wolf in sheeps clothing...then again when if you don't have a coach that will develop those kids. Look at Marcuzzi, wouldn't come to PA and is in Denver playing NCAA and has no points..and NO ATTENTION. Not everyone is a Chris Kunitz . 2005 Trach Tendler Aschim and Dobrowolski...2006 button and herrod. Wish I knew what was going through Penner's head, but hey we gotta remember what we were like when we were 16 too.....Ottman is play Boogaard'd ing in Nipawin, I wonder how that is going?? anyone hear? maybe he has started to deal with his **** instead of making everyone else deal with it.

Remember Thelan.....that turned out ok for us too. These guys are given an opportunity to make it to the show....do we need to hold their hand all the way through? Just because you are drafted in the NHL doesn't guarantee anything. Just because you are drafted in the WHL doesn't guarantee anything for the kids or the teams. tries to remember what i was like at 14. punk rock