PDA

View Full Version : Hayes starts in Spokane

dagley
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
This will evidently be the downfall of the entire road trip. I don't want to sound pessimistic or question Hayes ability but why would you start a rookie in your first game of the road trip with 5 games in 6 nights against one of the best teams in the Western Conference. Personally, I would have started Caliguri against Spokane/Tri-Cities (Tonight & Tomorrow), Hayes in Everett & Portland and Caliguri in Seattle.

sbtatter
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
This will evidently be the downfall of the entire road trip. I don't want to sound pessimistic or question Hayes ability but why would you start a rookie in your first game of the road trip with 5 games in 6 nights against one of the best teams in the Western Conference. Personally, I would have started Caliguri against Spokane/Tri-Cities (Tonight & Tomorrow), Hayes in Everett & Portland and Caliguri in Seattle.
Doesn't matter who you put in net if guys like Aulie play as poorly again as they did against Med Hat. Actually, the only dman with any credit Sat night was Melnychuk.

Triton
10-23-2007, 09:14 PM
3-3 in the 3rd.

dagley
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Lost 4-3, Wahl dominated the entire game. Still don't agree starting a rookie goaltender who's only played 20 minutes in his WHL career to start a long road trip.

Triton
10-23-2007, 10:18 PM
And we suck again.