PDA

View Full Version : Ofukany Update

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-24-2007, 01:11 AM
From Greg Harder's Website, Slap Shots (http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx)

Troy Ofukany is proving to be a quick healer.
The 20-year-old left winger could return to the lineup as early as Wednesday, when the Regina Pats play host to the Swift Current Broncos. Ofukany has been out since he suffered a sprained knee on Sept. 28 against the Red Deer Rebels.
He’s back about two weeks ahead of schedule.
Ofukany’s status hinges on how he feels Wednesday morning after taking part in full practices Monday and Tuesday. Barring a setback, he’ll play tonight, replacing RW Brett Leffler, who’s out with a concussion. At the latest, Ofukany is expected to return on Friday night in Prince Albert.
If you ask him, however, it’s a done deal that he’ll be in the lineup for a first-place showdown with the Broncos.
“I’ll play versus Swift,” he insisted. “It’s a pretty important game. I’ve got my brace. It’s pretty much 100 per cent. I’ll be a little cautious (at the start) but in saying that I’m pretty sure I’m ready to go. The doctor thinks I’m ready to go and so does (trainer) Greg (Mayer) so that’s good.”

--------------------

Sounds like good news to us. Frankly, we have been doing fine without him, but obviously having him in the lineup should really improve our team.

Perhaps he will even have a letter, since Schira is gone now. Hill, Leffler, and Ofukany with the A's makes sense to me.

I wonder where he will play, Probably provide depth on the second line, or perhaps even take Jagow's place on the Eberle line. Wherever it is, it will probably take awhile for him to gel with the newer players, and get back into his groove.

patsdude114
10-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I thought that Ofukany didnt miss a beet really in the game last night... his 1st period u could really tell he was happy to be back on the ice....

I thought he did some good things... once Leffler comes back from his concussion will add alot of depth to our lineup 3 very capable lines.... just need a guy like Ofukany to put the puck in the net cant only have Eberle or McAnugs scoring.....

I really like how the past couple games Hunt took McAngus off that top line at even strength to try and get more scoring through out the line up... The line of Hill, McAngus and Cervany had some great shifts against SC created alot of pressure.... I think its just a matter of time before Cervany finds himself on the scoresheet on a regular bases... this kid can stick handle in a phonebooth