PDA

View Full Version : Hayes starts in Tri-Cities

dagley
10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Back-to-Back starts, suppose Caliguri gets the 3 straight.

Brandonite
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Back-to-Back starts, suppose Caliguri gets the 3 straight.

Joe is probably just tired and its good for Hayes to get some starts in. Joe has started every game this year so its good for Andrew to get in there and show why he made this team. He was supposed to contend with Joe for the #1 spot and hasnt gotten the chance yet

Triton
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Brandis with his 1st WHL goal. Congrats.

dagley
10-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Thats bull****, referee signals goal on Calverts shootout goal and its called back...load of ****.

Remix
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Thiessen is a brutal official..

Triton
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Small homers in TC. Kicks Boyle out cause he has his thumb taped up, then we **** the bed in the 3rd and then we get hosed on the shootout call. Okay No more starting Hayes for a while.

Can't win in our own homestand, can't seem to win on the road and out PK blows hard now..what the hell is going on?

Brandonite
10-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Small homers in TC. Kicks Boyle out cause he has his thumb taped up, then we **** the bed in the 3rd and then we get hosed on the shootout call. Okay No more starting Hayes for a while.

Can't win in our own homestand, can't seem to win on the road and out PK blows hard now..what the hell is going on?

Whats going on?!? Your talking like these guys are #1 ranked in the CHL with 15 veterans on the roster. This is a young team and they are playing just the way people expected them to at the start of the season. They had their big ups to start the year and now they are dealing with the pains of the WHL and the losing part of it. They are a young young squad and this is all a learning time for these guys. We don't have the Burki, Kohn, Reaves, Simek, Plantes. We got Calvert, Schenn, Glennie, Melnychyk, King, Caliguri....give it time Hayes is an awesome goalie!

dagley
10-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, our last home stand wasn't that great bud. Our next big home stand isnt until November with 6 straight at home.

Joe Hallenback
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Hayes was spectacular last night facing 41 shots alot of which were quality chances especially in the third.

I think we ran out of gas in the third and really missed Boyle late in the game.

I have watched both games and we lost both games because of about 5 minutes of play in each game. Thats what happens to young teams. We played 2 of the top teams in the league in there own rink and nearly won both games.

When we come back in 2 years will blow these teams out of the water

AMSRocker
10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Thats bull****, referee signals goal on Calverts shootout goal and its called back...load of ****.

Keep in mind that I was at the other end of the rink...
From my point of view it looked like it hit the crossbar and shot out. I just don't see how the puck could deflect in the way it did AND go in. I'm not saying that it is impossable though.

As far as the goal judge and the ref goes. After the shot the ref took about 2 seconds to make the call. At the same time the goal judge did not turn of the light. After the ref made the call (about another 2 seconds or so) the judge flipped on the light. That action appeared to be a reaction to reflect the ref's call.

Now that the ref signaled the goal and the red light is on the ref called the nearest linesman (on the goal line) over to ask him what did he see. They chatted about 10 seconds. The ref then called over the linesman at center ice. All three talked for a bit. Then the ref went to the goal judge and talked it over threw the crack in the glass. After all 4 of them had hashed it over Thiessen waved off his initial goal call.
As much as I hate to admit it Thiessen did work hard to attempt to make the best call that he could in this situation. The tape might show a goal but at least they all 4 aggreed on this call... Very rare that a ref will award a goal then wave it off.

I will admit this. The 3rd AMS goal might very well have been a BS goal. The puck was in (or very close) to the goalie's pads. He was down and reaching in with his left arm to cover up. I'm not sure if Thiessen had a view of the puck at this time. Then Kraus came charging in and speared the puck under the leg of your netminder and into the back of the net. Me and my bud looked at each other and said to each other "That should not be a goal" :skeptical From my point of view it looked bad...

Brandonite
10-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Hayes was spectacular last night facing 41 shots alot of which were quality chances especially in the third.

I think we ran out of gas in the third and really missed Boyle late in the game.

I have watched both games and we lost both games because of about 5 minutes of play in each game. Thats what happens to young teams. We played 2 of the top teams in the league in there own rink and nearly won both games.

When we come back in 2 years will blow these teams out of the water

Exactly...if everything keeps going positively then this team will be great in 2-3 years. Glennie, Schenn, Calvert, Fehr, Melnychyk, King are gonna be good players in this league.

sbtatter
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Exactly...if everything keeps going positively then this team will be great in 2-3 years. Glennie, Schenn, Calvert, Fehr, Melnychyk, King are gonna be good players in this league. Add Regier, Stone, Depape, Miller and Erdhardt into the mix and the future is bright!!