PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Offense?

rezstyle
03-18-2005, 10:23 AM
I can't believe we can't score goals. We have a good team on paper. I also can't believe we aren't out of the play off race yet. We are sucking it up right now, but TC is also.

I heard Desautels put the hurts on Halifax at the Portland game, I wasn't there to see it though. I live a couple hours out of town so I only have weekend passes. I sure hope we get to see him fight one last time in a Cheif's uniform on Saturday. Looking over PIM leaders, Kootenay doesn't have anyone in the top 20 though

upper level fan
03-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Ya it was a great fight, but actually Mccue put a bigger hurt on Cepek. And the offense is there they just cant finish. There was four empty net chances in the first period alone. They just couldnt put it in the net. I was glad that J.D. fought wednsday because that was the last game that I will get to see this year unless they can make the playoffs some how. So I will be out of town hoping Kootney lays down and that everett and portland put a wooping on Tri this weekend so I will get a chance to see another hockey game this year.

rezstyle
03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm not too big in the playoffs because they happen on every day of the week. I got tickets a few years ago while I lived in Spokane, but it would be a 4 hr round trip now.

I didn't mention the McCue fight because posters on other sites said Cepak wasn't much of a fighter. I'm really looking forward to seeing McCue next year. Believe it or not, we're going to have a pretty physical team. I know the strategy has seemed we get the non-physical players the last couple years but we'll have Stoesz, Ja. Lynch, McCue, Reich. We are pretty much getting every type of fighter here except for the True enforcer which McCue could potentially be in the long run, I doubt however, next year. We've got the guy who fights all the time (Stoesz), the guy who'll stick up for his teammates (Ja. Lynch) the little guy with knockout power (Reich) and the potential heavy (McCue). And the best part is they're going to be around a few years.

Plus, I'm liking the effort put forth by our little guys this year, particularly our third line. I think in 2 years we'll have a descent team contending for the division crown and possibly going far in the playoffs with a combination of physcial and finess.