PDA

View Full Version : "Knackstedt a Key Cog for Warriors"

rebelfan
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
...Acquired from Red Deer in exchange for Brennan Wray midway through the 2006-07 season, Knackstedt established himself as one of the Warriors’ best and most dependable forwards, scoring 13 goals and 39 points in 39 games after the trade. Including his first 33 games with the Rebels, Knackstedt put up career best totals for goals (23), assists (33) and points (56) while also posting a +19 rating.

With a solid combination of skill, grit and heart, and his 6’ 2”, 200-lb frame, Knackstedt has the tools to be a strong power forward who can play physical, put the puck in the net, and stand up for his teammates. It was this collection of traits that led the Boston Bruins to select Knackstedt in the 7th round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft this past June.

“It was a pleasure to be drafted by Boston,” said Knackstedt, who was the lone member of the Warriors to hear his name called on NHL draft day this year. “I went (to Boston) in the summer, and then in the fall for their training camp, and it was a great experience.” http://whl.ca/en/members/action/viewArticle/id/7778

I don't want to sound like a stuck record but Knackstedt had a 3 point night again last night. The article quoted above also said he is one of the key reasons the Warriors have turned their game around from last year and even the beginning of this year. I hate to keep looking back and thinking if only... it is not going to help this year but this revolving door has been an alarming trend for the Rebels in the last couple of years....that has brought our team to its knees. With the 'expendable' talent removed it definitely made any remaining draft eligible players very visible for the draft this year but there wasn't a whole lot left to draft from and now a courageous but skeleton crew to man a floundering ship this year. Brian's positive attitude should go along way in restoring self confidence to some of these beleagured vets but can he do it in a hurry?

SectionNDeserter
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't want to sound like a stuck record but Knackstedt had a 3 point night again last night. The article quoted above also said he is one of the key reasons the Warriors have turned their game around from last year and even the beginning of this year.Good to hear things are picking up for him, he would never have improved as much as he has had he spent last season playing 5 or 6 shifts a game in Red Deer behind Starkov, Moore, and Sutter.

I hate to keep looking back and thinking if only... it is not going to help this year but this revolving door has been an alarming trend for the Rebels in the last couple of years....that has brought our team to its knees.To its knees? Are you talking about the team last season that was within 10 minutes or so of eliminating the eventual league champions from the playoffs(and besides the Giants, the only team that gave them any trouble whatsoever in the post season)? We stocked up on players like Hanzal, and Starkov etc, and made a run for it, it was an entertaining season, but in the end we didn't win it all, time to rebuild--the WHL as a league IS a revolving door by nature.

With the 'expendable' talent removed it definitely made any remaining draft eligible players very visible for the draft this year but there wasn't a whole lot left to draft from and now a courageous but skeleton crew to man a floundering ship this year.Not exactly sure which draft you are talking about... If anything the expendable talent we had last season took away from most of this season's draft eligible player's ice times and made them less visible(at least in theory), not more visible. Teams aren't Memorial Cup contenders every season, they have strong seasons, and they have rebuilding (or floundering as you put it) seasons where they are very young (like the Rebels this season), and they struggle for a season or two. Keeping talented players that are nearly 19 years old to play second (or third as it were) fiddle to NHL drafted players doesn't help the player or the team.

Brian's positive attitude should go along way in restoring self confidence to some of these beleagured vets but can he do it in a hurry?Its a rebuilding year, so there isn't exactly any big hurry, as the team really only has to show a certain degree of improvement by the end of the season--this team is built for the future, not to challenge for a league championship this season. Look at our outside pickups this season compared to last season. We have acquired a troubled but talented overage forward, an unspectacular but solid overage defenseman and a streaky overage winger(players that could be picked up for little to no cost to our future). I think that with a few exceptions, the veteran players have been playing as well as can be expected, given the lack of experience of their linemates. There are a few veterans that have been overshadowed by younger, less experienced players at times this season (Egener, Reimer, Morin), and I expect that in time these players are going to improve, or they will be overtaken by their younger peers.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Knackstedt's case is exactly like Ryan Mcdonald's case last year. I dont think Jordan would have done the same in Red Deer that he is doing in MJ, just like Mcdonald wouldnt do the same in Regina like in PA. Mcdonald got 10 points in 26 games, then got traded to PA and scored 41 in 41, which was more than he produced ni 3 seasons with the pats. It was also on a lesser team that year too.

Knackstedt had a boost of confidence with a new start in a new environment, and obviously felt more confortable on the new team. Im not going to say Sutter was a factor in this last year and not just ice time either, but I am also saying that its not like Jordan "coincidentally" broke out and started producing once he got to MJ. The fact is, just like Mcdonald to his respective teams, Knackstedt needed a change of environment, and it worked for him.

rebelfan
10-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Interesting comments, SectionN, your perspective on the positive side of the team is insightful. I don't know about the 'rebuilding' term. It is getting redundant. How long can a team keep rebuilding. They just are not a threat to anyone this year and yes, there are times when a team builds for a run for the cup and then rebuilds but somehow Vancouver and Med. Hat who did build for a cup run are still doing fine this year...And I haven't seen them go through players like we have and haven't heard of players refusing to come back, asking for trades or just plain being shipped off to the extent that the Rebels have. But apparently, even though they lost in Kootney last weekend, their play was up so let's hope the improvement continues this weekend at home.

I don't know if Knackstedt's case is exactly like Mcdonalds...And I think Knachsteadt would have done well in Red Deer if he had been given more of a chance. I think the focus was too much on Brandon and not enough on developing some of these other players. Brandon ate up way too much ice time last year unless I am wrong in my observation that Brandon was exhausted by Christmas. If Knackstedt & Poulter in particular had been given half the opportunity Brandon got, I think they would have been good assets for Red Deer instead of being shipped out as useless to the team.

'Knackstedt needed a change of environment,'The only reason Knackstedt needed a change of environment was that he could do nothing right in RD. If you paid attention to what Brent said about him it was almost always negative, even on a night when he scored 2 goals. These are kids and after awhile a kid begins to lose his self confidence when matter how hard you try, it doesn't seem to be enough to earn a good mark for your coach. The biggest difference I noticed when he went to MJ was that the coaching staff saw him in a positive light and gave him back his self confidence. The press played up even small notables and suddenly he's feeling wanted instead of rejected. Positive reinforcement always has worked better than negative criticism in anyone and esp. in a youngster.

SectionNDeserter
10-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Interesting comments, SectionN, your perspective on the positive side of the team is insightful. I don't know about the 'rebuilding' term. It is getting redundant. How long can a team keep rebuilding. They just are not a threat to anyone this year and yes, there are times when a team builds for a run for the cup and then rebuilds but somehow Vancouver and Med. Hat who did build for a cup run are still doing fine this year...Both of those teams had an embarassment of riches at the forward positions and on the back end. The Rebels had an explosive top two forward lines last season, and a very average to below average blueline. Both Vancouver and Medicine Hat have quite a number of their talented veteran players from those teams left over, the only talented veteran skater we have left from last season is Sutter. Getting Brett Sutter and Starkov back would have helped this situation, but we have to go with what we are dealt, its the nature of junior hockey. And the team hasn't exactly been rebuilding forever, they gave the eventual league champions a run for their money last season, and many Medicine Hat fans I talked to felt that they gave them more trouble than Vancouver did.

And I haven't seen them go through players like we have and haven't heard of players refusing to come back, asking for trades or just plain being shipped off to the extent that the Rebels have.They didn't want to be traded from 2 of the top teams in the country, that are top-heavy with NHL players at forward and on the blueline? Wierd... :D If I am a WHL player, and Willie Desjardin himself killed my dog, and you asked me if I wanted to go to Medicine Hat or Portland last season, chances are I pick Medicine Hat. Of any of the players that ASKED to be traded, or refused to come back, I can't think of ANY that I was really all that sad to see go. They were all 4th liners or #5/6 defensemen (and clearly quitters), and you can only have so many players like this and still have success. The only one that he traded that I thought he should have held on to was Zetariuk (because the blueline was, and continues to be the weakest part of the team).

But apparently, even though they lost in Kootney last weekend, their play was up so let's hope the improvement continues this weekend at home.The season is only a dozen or so games old, and they are really still all finding their place on the team. Its nice to see that some of the young guys have clawed their way up in the lineup already (Ferraro on the top line filling in for Watt, Coetzee spending some time on the #1 pk unit).

I don't know if Knackstedt's case is exactly like Mcdonalds...And I think Knachsteadt would have done well in Red Deer if he had been given more of a chance. I think the focus was too much on Brandon and not enough on developing some of these other players. Brandon ate up way too much ice time last year unless I am wrong in my observation that Brandon was exhausted by Christmas. If Knackstedt & Poulter in particular had been given half the opportunity Brandon got, I think they would have been good assets for Red Deer instead of being shipped out as useless to the team.
Brandon was touted as a first round NHL pick since he was 15, I don't know if Knackstedt was even ranked by CSB, and is a year older, and Poulter had better hands than Knackstedt, but he has some habits that will find him in trouble with the coaching staff of his team in a hurry. There was a number of occasions at the start of the season that Knackstedt was on the first/second line, and he never did anything with it, and I would even go as far as to say that he looked out of place there. How long do you hold on to a guy who is about to turn 19? Oddly enough, I think what REALLY spelled the end of Knackstedt's time in Red Deer was Mappin getting reassigned. They didn't have anyone apart from those top 2 lines that could win a faceoff after that, until they picked up Wray for Knackstedt.

'Knackstedt needed a change of environment,'The only reason Knackstedt needed a change of environment was that he could do nothing right in RD. If you paid attention to what Brent said about him it was almost always negative, even on a night when he scored 2 goals. These are kids and after awhile a kid begins to lose his self confidence when matter how hard you try, it doesn't seem to be enough to earn a good mark for your coach.There is WAY more to the game than scoring goals. If you score 2 goals, but the other team scores 3 or 4 while you are on the ice not covering your man, you are not really helping out your team as much as it would appear. The Knackstedt I watched in Red Deer last season was not as defensively responsible or aggressive as he was the season prior to that--when you start going backwards, it is time to move on.

Positive reinforcement always has worked better than negative criticism in anyone and esp. in a youngster.I would have to disagree with this to some extent. I think that positive reinforcement works better with SOME players, while with others it has a very negative effect, making them "bigger than the team". However, I think Brian brings a little better balance of both these attitudes to the rink.

longtimefan7
10-26-2007, 05:06 PM
when it doesn't benefit your club. Section N stated not that long ago how Starkov's return would be so beneficial to the Rebels, now he's a player that is a 4th liner type. Interesting. Rebelfan is correct in the rebuilding aspect as well, so the Rebels have been "Rebuilding" now for 5 years? Yes the Rebels took the Tigers to 7 games the first round but so did Kootenay on Calgary, means nothing really. Regarding Knackstedt, he wanted a change as well, so good for him on making things happen when given the opportunity, which was never granted playing for the Rebels behind Brandon. So obviously Section N is an expert on whether players are "quitters" or not as well. Lets see from the players that wouldn't return or asked to be moved they are still playing in the league and are major contributors to their new clubs. Mihalik - playing pro, Poulter - top 6, Frere - top4 D (with Calgary who is top of the Central), Berube - top 3 D (with Vancouver who is top of the BC), Starkov, playing semi pro, Leblanc - top 3, and last be not least Knackstedt - top 3 with multiple point nights, but I guess that what you consider "quitters" because they didn't want to wear a Rebel uniform they so be it....obviously you do not have kids in that age group to know that negativity on a constant basis destoys confidence. There needs to be a balance between the good and bad to develop players to the next level. Looks like Brian is trying to do just that.

SectionNDeserter
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Mihalik - playing pro,Never asked to be traded, was moved to make room for Starkov/Hanzel--both of which are infinitely more talented than Mihalik.

Poulter - top 6Is a top 6 player on a similar rebuilding team like Red Deer, would likely be a top 6 were he in Red Deer this season as well.

Frere - top4 D (with Calgary who is top of the Central)Try #5 or 6 defenseman, and pretty much any addition to that roster is going to bump him down to #7. This guy totally played his way off the team, and any of the coaches or management of the team would have laughed if he told them he wasn't going to report next season. I do have to say he has come a LONG way from where he was, when he was playing in Red Deer as a 17 year old, he looked completely lost.

Ross - top 2 D (with Regina who is top of the East)I have no recollection of a Ross playing defense for us, we traded a forward named Kyle Ross to Regina 4 or 5 years ago, but no defensemen. I think you made this one up :D

Berube - top 3 D (with Vancouver who is top of the BC)They seem to be going the opposite direction of up of late however--don't be surprised to see them finish the season in 3rd place in their division if there isn't changes. I also have a very hard time believing that he is the #3 man in their defensive depth chart.

Starkov, playing semi proWithout a doubt, 100% quitter. Totally threw away a decade or so of hockey development to party or something, and then play hockey in some Danish league for the rest of his life, rather than continuing to advance his career. Suck it up like a man, like thousands before you have.

Leblanc - top 3On a struggling team that isn't supposed to be struggling again this season. If you look in the dictionary, there is a picture of him in there next to 'lazy'.

and last be not least Knackstedt - top 3 with multiple point nightsI don't think he ever asked to be traded, but he is really the only player out of any of the ones you listed (except maybe the one you made up), that didn't immediately improve the Rebels in some way by way of their departure, or at the very least were replaced with someone of equal or better talent. I agree that he would be a leader here this season, but again, it was really in the best interest of him and the Rebels for him to move on last season.

longtimefan7
10-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah I mixed the two up, but I think my point was made. Believe what you want with the rest of the names. Frere does play alot more minutes than what you are willing to admit. LeBlanc, Poulter, and Berube are doing well with there new clubs, oh and since when is a record of 9-2-1-2 going downhill? Maybe the same can be said for Brent Sutter than as far as quitter goes....he made a statement last season that he would stay with the Rebels for a couple more seasons, but with the team going downhill, couldn't be bothered. Obviously your not as in touch with the team as you think, Mihalik did ask to be moved, Knackstedt made it known to the coaches that he wasn't happy here with his ice time as well. Since nothing was mentioned about the "rebuilding" years, maybe reality has set in that most teams don't take 5 or 6 seasons to rebuild. When the players are within your organization they are good citizens, when they choose to move on they become liabilities to society?????

SectionNDeserter
10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
since when is a record of 9-2-1-2 going downhill?They had a strong start, but if you have been following them, they have dropped the last few games, and based on reading the Vancouver board, some of the players have been lacking in intensity/finish.

Maybe the same can be said for Brent Sutter than as far as quitter goes....he made a statement last season that he would stay with the Rebels for a couple more seasons, but with the team going downhill, couldn't be bothered.Or maybe someone threw craploads of money at him to take a job running a team in a league that is the pinnacle of hockey? Were he to resign from the Devils before the end of the season for no apparent reason, then one could call him a quitter.

Obviously your not as in touch with the team as you think, Mihalik did ask to be movedGood timing for everyone then! He was better than nearly all of the defensemen we had last season (besides Henry maybe), unfotunately he was an import. Replacing him with Hanzal was really a no-brainer though.

Knackstedt made it known to the coaches that he wasn't happy here with his ice time as well.I don't doubt that, there was 2 or 3 better players ahead of him on the wing, he knows what time it is! He obviously needed more ice time, and last season NOT being a rebuilding season, he wasn't going to get it at the expense of the 'money' players. It would be nice to have him here this season, but there wasn't any realistic way to make that happen.

Since nothing was mentioned about the "rebuilding" years, maybe reality has set in that most teams don't take 5 or 6 seasons to rebuild.The Rebels have had a number of decent seasons in the last 5 or 6 seasons--must have been before your time. Not being in a rebuilding season means that the team is older and competitive. When they are rebuilding, they are playing with a large number of young players. The top 2 lines last season were made up primarily of experienced players. They had a good run, they barely got beat by the eventual league champions. Now it is time to play with a younger, less experienced team again and rebuild.

When the players are within your organization they are good citizens, when they choose to move on they become liabilities to society?????I don't think anyone ever said that any players were good citizens or a liability to society. You might have made that up too....

longtimefan7
10-27-2007, 01:48 AM
My point exactly. Sutter felt moving on was best for his career. So why is it that the players that asked to be moved or did not want to return are considered "quitters" in your books when they are doing it because they believe it was the best thing for their careers. You state that I make things up...lets see the Ross mistake...sorry for mixing up the players....being a quitter in live usually doesn't mean you are a positive reinforcment in society...and it was you that called them quitters...nobody else. For the record the Red Deer Advocate stated on several occasions last season that the club was rebuilding. They definetly were not making a run for the MC.

SectionNDeserter
10-27-2007, 07:05 AM
My point exactly. Sutter felt moving on was best for his career. So why is it that the players that asked to be moved or did not want to return are considered "quitters" in your books when they are doing it because they believe it was the best thing for their careers.Because with a number of them, it is clearly not the best move for their HOCKEY careers (Lynch, Starkov, etc), and for a few others the quitter comment relates to their performance on the ice.

being a quitter in live usually doesn't mean you are a positive reinforcment in society...and it was you that called them quitters...nobody else.Relating the players being quitters in HOCKEY to being quitters in life, and a negative reinforcment to society is quite a bit of a stretch. I can't say that I am surprised though. :D

For the record the Red Deer Advocate stated on several occasions last season that the club was rebuilding. They definetly were not making a run for the MC.Oh well, if the Red Deer Advocate, the leading sports publication in North America stated that they were rebuilding, then clearly I must be mistaken--as they are held in such high regard in the sports and sports media circles as well as their own community! And just so you know, a team doesn't necessarily have to be a legitimate Memorial Cup contender, to be considered not rebuilding--they just have to have assembled the best and most experienced lineup of veteran players that they feel have what it takes to win.

hockey4
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
so the Rebels have been "Rebuilding" now for 5 years? Yes the Rebels took the Tigers to 7 games the first round but so did Kootenay on Calgary, means nothing really.

where does the 5 years come from. they have a bad year, then get lucky with 2 good europeans and are able to make a run for it the next year, and now here we are. they made the playoffs the previous 8 years before that. Last year was weird because the rebels were caught half rebuilding but ended up with 2 elite players. the previous 9 games have all been lost by a goal it seems so they are that close to winning the close games.

And with regards to playoffs last year, they barely lost to the hat who manhandled regina and calgary the next 2 rounds. you beat them, you never know. so yes it does carry merit.

rebelfan
10-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Rebelfan is correct in the rebuilding aspect as well, so the Rebels have been "Rebuilding" now for 5 years? Regarding Knackstedt, he wanted a change as well, so good for him on making things happen when given the opportunity, which was never granted playing for the Rebels behind Brandon. So obviously Section N is an expert on whether players are "quitters" or not as well. Lets see from the players that wouldn't return or asked to be moved they are still playing in the league and are major contributors to their new clubs. Mihalik - playing pro, Poulter - top 6, Frere - top4 D (with Calgary who is top of the Central), Berube - top 3 D (with Vancouver who is top of the BC), Starkov, playing semi pro, Leblanc - top 3, and last be not least Knackstedt - top 3 with multiple point nights, but I guess that what you consider "quitters" because they didn't want to wear a Rebel uniform they so be it....obviously you do not have kids in that age group to know that negativity on a constant basis destoys confidence. There needs to be a balance between the good and bad to develop players to the next level. Looks like Brian is trying to do just that.

I will reiterate what I have said before, the Rebels are only rebuilding because for the past few years players have been chucked out the door, players that Longtimefan7 correctly states are now doing well in their new teams. (If most of these kids could have stayed like other teams seem to keep their players..we would definitely be a contending team.) They were not doing poorly in a Rebel uniform...for a few their only fault was that they threatened to outplay Brandon(not a reflection on Brandon, good kid, just on the imbalance). So we made sure none of our young players were showcased. These players, their parents and their agents knew they were better players than they were being given credit for and were not going to fade into oblivion just because developement was focused primarily on one player. They were first and second liners and that is where they are shining now. From friends and families of several of these kids who are now on a new team I hear there is no comparison to the treatment they are being given compared to the treatment they got in a Rebel uniform. I am saying treatment which is not compared to level of play. For some of these kids their only hope of survival was to get out. Yes indeed when you are told night after night after night that you suck and are a liability to the team, something happens to confidence...it doesn't work with kids and it doesn't seem to be working in the NHL. It seems Brian has definitely been working on the positive side of the game since taking over. I'm sure some of the Knackstedts, Poulters & Berubes would have shone instead of wilted under his coaching.

SectionNDeserter
10-31-2007, 07:05 AM
for a few their only fault was that they threatened to outplay BrandonActually, it was their very average to poor play combined with their age that did most of them in. How many 19 year olds did you guys expect them to keep on the team for this season? There wasn't a single player aside from Hanzal, and possibly Starkov that even came close to outplaying Brandon last season on any night, so I am not exactly sure where this statement comes from. I wasn't shocked in the least by any of the players that were traded last season

So we made sure none of our young players were showcased. These players, their parents and their agents knew they were better players than they were being given credit for and were not going to fade into oblivion just because developement was focused primarily on one player. They were first and second liners and that is where they are shining now.Shining? Most of them aside from Knackstedt I would consider 'being serviceable WHLers', but they are far from shining. They were given PLENTY of opportunities early on in the season on the first and second lines, and they did NOTHING with those opportunities. Then they did absolutely nothing after that to earn the right to be there again. Time to take the anti-Sutter blinders off and have a look at the big picture.

From friends and families of several of these kids who are now on a new team I hear there is no comparison to the treatment they are being given compared to the treatment they got in a Rebel uniform. I am saying treatment which is not compared to level of play.Weird that their Mom and Dad would say something like that, one wouldn't expect Mom and Dad to have some level of bias.... LOL Maybe we should ask Brent Sutter's Mom how he treated those players?

I got news for you, EVERY player that ever gets traded/released will say that (off the record usually of course). Face it, they were lower on the depth chart than a number of the other players on the team and were not putting any pressure whatsoever on those players higher in the depth chart, and a lot of them were poised to turn 19 years old, it was time for them to move on.

Tinner
10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
From friends and families of several of these kids who are now on a new team I hear there is no comparison to the treatment they are being given compared to the treatment they got in a Rebel uniform.

I got news for you, EVERY player that ever gets traded/released will say that (off the record usually of course). Face it, they were lower on the depth chart than a number of the other players on the team and were not putting any pressure whatsoever on those players higher in the depth chart, and a lot of them were poised to turn 19 years old, it was time for them to move on.

I think your both right. There are players who say that just because they were traded, maybe 25% of them, but 75% will say that because its true. In the past, Rebel players were not treated very well if they were not be showcased or in the upper echelon on the team. I agree with rebelfan because it is widely known that this happens.

Rebel66
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
It sure is interesting reading some of these replies. At times I really have to wonder why some of you even bother being Rebel fans such is the anti-Sutter sentiment. It must be tough sledding for you for sure. Other than Knackstedt I had no problem with any of the trades that were made. I would have preferred to have given him a little longer as he did show the potential at times that is being realized now. As for the rest, the moves were made for various reasons and, as a fan, I was fine with them.

I'm actually happy that we have Brian Sutter here this year, though. It is refreshing to hear his comments after games. It's especially fun to count the number of "You guys", "ok's", and "you know's" he throws into his answers! Try it, you will run out of fingers keeping count!!!! Joking aside, it is very refreshing that he goes with the positive spin for the most part. He realizes that this is a young group that has some growing to do. I feel that Brian is the right guy for the task though. All of these one goal losses are going to move to one goal wins at some point if they stick at it. They're close.

rebelfan
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
It's because I am a Rebel fan that I have these strong feelings. If I didn't care about them I would long since have joined the Oil Kings or Hitmen fan club. I know the Rebels can be contenders, the kids are great....I have trouble with past treatment of the team, the constant negative reference to players who played their heart out. I agree, it is very refreshing to hear Brian's post game interviews...absolutely wonderful to hear a positive spin on a disappointing loss esp... the one goal losses. That's why if we could have the kids back who were driven away coupled with some of the new faces and the vets who stuck it out...we would be one awesome team right now. Yes, there is potential on the team but I wonder how long it will take to rebuild this once legendary Rebel team. If management can just resist swinging those trade doors long enough we might find out.

rebelfan
10-31-2007, 04:19 PM
I got news for you, EVERY player that ever gets traded/released will say that (off the record usually of course).
You are wrong there my friend. A few recent cases in point. Mark Louis made no such references. He expressed regret to leave a team he played for 4 years. He was hurt to become expendable. Clayton Bauer was shocked to hear he was traded. He wanted to stay. In an article I happened to read when Armstrong was traded to Spokane from Saskatoon it reported him as being bitterly disappointed and it took him a long time to adjust. When you say EVERY player will say that...you are saying basically all players are embiciles, whiners and poor sports...that is not giving our kids a lot of dignity is it? Why not let them voice their honest opinion without cutting them down to crybabies. Just maybe, the players are telling the truth...when they are sad to leave and when they are glad to leave. And give their parents a little bit of credibility too. Who would you say knows a kid best..his parents (with a bias) or you (with a bias)?

SectionNDeserter
10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I think a guy like Knackstedt would have done well on this team this year, but his talents would likely be better served on a team that is a contender rather than a team doing some major rebuilding. And if he is leading the Warriors as much as it has been suggested, there is a good chance that he may go pro next season also.

What do you guys think about the overall team toughness? Do you see any of these smallish youngsters ready to explode and go Pete Vandermeer on someone, or do you think that is an element that we will need to add next season?