PDA

View Full Version : It's Time

CRASH69
10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
:evil:
As the season started i was one of the many that felt we didn't really need a true enforcer. But after the last few game's we better be finding one soon. It look's as if team's start with a little chippy play here and there tell they relize we have no real enforcer. Yeah i know that the league is not playing that way but looking at the last few gaeme's we could have lost a few key play's to the liberties the other team's took, with little or no retaliation aginst them. Yeah Pro and a few other jump in and stick up for player's but do you really want the skilled player's dropping them.

brawler21
10-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I absolutely agree with you.....the AMS have a great team no doubt....but to add a little if i may....what are you guys going to do if your looking at a deep run? NO WAY the ams do it without adding grit....i look for bob to be mixing it up before deadline if in fact the ams do indeed keep winning.

HAF
10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm about 75% with you on this. I think we do have some grit this year however it has not been used to its potential when it should have been. McColms injuries have had him sidelined for most of the regular season but once he gets healthy he could make an impact. He is a tough kid and has shown that he is willing to go when called upon. Is he a Boogaard or Emmerson? Not hardly but hell, its got to be better than throwing Procyshen to the wolves right?
Gorman is another that fits in this category but has been scratched on a nightly basis so Ridgeway can continue to be completely invisible and a total non factor on a nightly basis. Don is probably seeing things I am not. I guess that is why he is coaching the team and I am playing cyber geek with a couple of guys with fake names...
schmidt had some quality tilts last year but has shown little interest so far this year. Time will tell but Brawler is correct. If we expect to make any type of a run we are going to need a heavyweight.
As far as bieng able to answer the bell with the true heavies in the league it looks pretty dismall right now but we do have a corp of guys that can show up for a tilt with your average agitators.
I miss Boogaard but what I dont miss are the penalty minutes he accrued for the simple fact his last name was Boogaard. The guy wasnt a saint by any means but the one thing you could count on was that he was never going to be given the benefit of the doubt when it came to penalties bieng called or not.

Saskatoon and Brandon games just may be the the proof they need to gather up a few draft picks and go to the goon market. I'd like to see it happen as much as the next guy but for some reason I truly have my doubts.

Stay-Puft
10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree that I don't think we'll see anything happen. I want to see what happens when we play our own division this weekend with Everett and Portland and see where our team toughness is and how many liberties are taken before I make my mind up.

That being said, after watching the last few games I do not like seeing our guys get railed and the most that comes out of it is some pushing and shoving. The brightest spot I've seen so far is when Kraus tilted with McCue after the hit on Yellowhorn. He didn't fair so well, but he went in with gloves off. Boogaard did have a lot against him, but he did calm things down when the liberties were being taken. If they keep putting out the smaller, fineese type line-up, I think we'll continue to see shots like the one Lazo took the other night and nothing will be done until someone gets injured.